What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, blustery beginnings in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of not really a bolognese with courgetti sphagetti came in at 5.2 this am.

Video call with grandchildren yesterday as they escaped the volcano in the garden, avoided all the lava and at the same time wearing several examples of child headgear to protect them from next door’s chickens. I don’t know who is the daftest - them for the interesting escape gear, or me for watching and encouraging.

@Muddy Cyclist - always like to see how you start your paintings - stormy heathland 2 looking good - boots at the ready.
@gennepher - a fine self portrait of the artist - and the artist.
@geefull - fancy Yorkshire tea bags, any good? We use the regular ones. Rainbows - tricky, but why not.
@jjraak - all moving along nicely, good stuff.

Kingfisher - not sure it was happy to pose but there you go - A4 on rice paper. Have a thoroughly thrifty Thursday - don’t go shopping online. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-2-18_8-21-21.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 on Swipey for me but there's also a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis. Great art @gennepher, @Muddy Cyclist and @geefull (unsure about that tea babe). Good news on jab and walking @jjraak. Bill and Ben say high Arthur and defo get the Stringer @BRSBRI. Hope test results go well @lindisfel and jab goes smoothly @dogslife. @dunelm I probably missed your art but I'm sure it lacked nothing in the spiffing dept. - crossed in the ether.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, blustery beginnings in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of not really a bolognese with courgetti sphagetti came in at 5.2 this am.

Video call with grandchildren yesterday as they escaped the volcano in the garden, avoided all the lava and at the same time wearing several examples of child headgear to protect them from next door’s chickens. I don’t know who is the daftest - them for the interesting escape gear, or me for watching and encouraging.

@Muddy Cyclist - always like to see how you start your paintings - stormy heathland 2 looking good - boots at the ready.
@gennepher - a fine self portrait of the artist - and the artist.
@geefull - fancy Yorkshire tea bags, any good? We use the regular ones. Rainbows - tricky, but why not.
@jjraak - all moving along nicely, good stuff.

Kingfisher - not sure it was happy to pose but there you go - A4 on rice paper. Have a thoroughly thrifty Thursday - don’t go shopping online. Time for koffy.

View attachment 47556
Thank you for liking my heathland, make sure you have water proofed them boots, it's a tad wet here. :)

That Kingfisher certainly seems to have a suspiciously malevolent look in its eye, you did well to escape unharmed. Wildlife at its best, Kingfisher and Grandchildren. :) And it is a grandads right to encourage a little chaos and mayhem.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
New appointment for camera work made at private hospital so no need to self isolate. You obviously mix with a better class of halfwit privately in Cambridge (took all my self control to type half):angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today. Lovely walk this morning - Sun was shining. Yesterday finished the boring admin. The next 4 days will be much more fun - learning new things to teach my classes next week. Plus plenty of time to relax and read.

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and if you are offended I don't mention sub groups please go fly a kite, but I must mention Neanderthals, they are not extinct they live amongst us and I include them in my greeting, ahh the joys of family.

A workable 5.7 this morning on that meter.

Not sure about anything today, just waiting for another missive from the NHS telling me I have to continue shielding until late March ah the joys of being in the extremely vulnerable category, but one or in my case me and me's must consider the advantages of not being allowed in shops, excused shopping duties etc.

Have a great day all, if needed me and me's will be in my shed plotting absolutely no good.

Stay well, stay safe and whatever

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
After breakfast, 2 hours later, I'm pleased to record a 5.8mmol...the tweaks and support, advice here all working so a great big thank-you....:)

Also, a huge HUGE thank-you for the automobile support ;) as I have just ordered a Kia Stinger in ceramic grey - Mrs gave in only because it was a good deal less than my monthly car allowance from work! Otherwise, no fluffy dice!!

Reactions: karen8967

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hey @doglife, looks like we're covid twins...:D

hope all went as well for you as it did for me.

Similar theme for me on the time.
I had all day choices but took the late one 6pm, in the hope those less able might have found it easier/safer to travel during day light hours.

went on scooter, couldn't have been any easier for me.
Good morning Covid twin@jjraak. :D All went well yesterday at the vaccination centre. Very well organised. I had my vaccination at 1.20pm, the last appointment available, and had no side effects for the rest of the day. Woke in the early hours with painful glands at the base of my skull but I saw that a positive sign that my body was busy forming antibodies. Feeling fine today except for a slightly sore arm. I have no qualms about having the next one. Have a good day.:)

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
After breakfast, 2 hours later, I'm pleased to record a 5.8mmol...the tweaks and support, advice here all working so a great big thank-you....:)

Also, a huge HUGE thank-you for the automobile support ;) as I have just ordered a Kia Stinger in ceramic grey - Mrs gave in only because it was a good deal less than my monthly car allowance from work! Otherwise, no fluffy dice!!
Great 2 hour after breakfast reading. Good news about your new car.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Great 2 hour after breakfast reading. Good news about your new car.
The problem comes when I have to beg later ;) Arthur the poodle will become very confused....

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.10am FBG 5.9
Too many chocs. Need more wine.
Have started a new online word game. Introduced to it by Son1, who was then on level 847.
Am now up to level 202 in about a week.
Many hours entertainment/wasted depending on point of view.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dishwasher arrived nice and early, I have got it all fitted, working and tools all put away, great point scoring with MRs MC I will store them up they will come in useful I'm sure. :)

Finished yesterday's watercolour painting of Heathland and sky absorbing the Heath colours....this is looking North down Sherbrooke Valleywitbthe heathland on either side. A4 watercolour...

IMG_4499.JPG

Before I do the third in my heathland series I have to paint another A3 size tree to go with the last one I did.

Off now to do some more music recording, 'King of the Fairies' no not me, the music we are recording. :)

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dishwasher arrived nice and early, I have got it all fitted, working and tools all put away, great point scoring with MRs MC I will store them up they will come in useful I'm sure. :)

Finished yesterday's watercolour painting of Heathland and sky absorbing the Heath colours....this is looking North down Sherbrooke Valleywitbthe heathland on either side. A4 watercolour...

View attachment 47562
Before I do the third in my heathland series I have to paint another A3 size tree to go with the last one I did.

Off now to do some more music recording, 'King of the Fairies' no not me, the music we are recording. :)
I like the bleakness of this painting @Muddy Cyclist
I would love to be somewhere outside where there are no people...

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for liking my heathland, make sure you have water proofed them boots, it's a tad wet here. :)

That Kingfisher certainly seems to have a suspiciously malevolent look in its eye, you did well to escape unharmed. Wildlife at its best, Kingfisher and Grandchildren. :) And it is a grandads right to encourage a little chaos and mayhem.

That is a great little kingfisher...with an evil eye @dunelm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.10am FBG 5.9
Too many chocs. Need more wine.
Have started a new online word game. Introduced to it by Son1, who was then on level 847.
Am now up to level 202 in about a week.
Many hours entertainment/wasted depending on point of view.

Hours playing word games are never hours wasted. I would love to know what online game you and Son1 play!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows