What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol. I work for Apple....ssshhh don't tell them...

c0552.gif

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
I like the bleakness of this painting @Muddy Cyclist
I would love to be somewhere outside where there are no people...

With the forum stalling and causing me heartache, let me repost the message I was writing ;)
Mrs BRS has also ordered a dishwasher today but as I flooded the kitchen in our last place, the only tool was me - she'd be delighted to embarrass me with the full nightmare on Elm St saga. @Muddy Cyclist

@gennepher - I hear you ...Bath's sunny spring like day brought hordes onto the streets...and I saw 2 nice young PCs handing out covid violation tickets to a group from London. They did however oooh and ahhh over Arthur, the tart masquerading as a standard poodle!! ;)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like the bleakness of this painting @Muddy Cyclist
I would love to be somewhere outside where there are no people...
Thank you. I gave you an optimistic because with no one going abroad, or to the seaside or shopping centres I am afraid Little Britain is getting rather crowded, wilderness Is hard to find and be alone in. :(

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for liking my heathland, make sure you have water proofed them boots, it's a tad wet here. :)

That Kingfisher certainly seems to have a suspiciously malevolent look in its eye, you did well to escape unharmed. Wildlife at its best, Kingfisher and Grandchildren. :) And it is a grandads right to encourage a little chaos and mayhem.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist . Boots have gortex lining but my seal socks are the biz. How did you know that our twin girls are called Chaos and Mayhem?

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dishwasher arrived nice and early, I have got it all fitted, working and tools all put away, great point scoring with MRs MC I will store them up they will come in useful I'm sure. :)

Finished yesterday's watercolour painting of Heathland and sky absorbing the Heath colours....this is looking North down Sherbrooke Valleywitbthe heathland on either side. A4 watercolour...

View attachment 47562
Before I do the third in my heathland series I have to paint another A3 size tree to go with the last one I did.

Off now to do some more music recording, 'King of the Fairies' no not me, the music we are recording. :)
Busy busy - always good to store up some points. Love the bareness of your painting - not as bare as some folk think though. Reminds me of North Yorks moors and parts of the Cheviots - excellent to walk through.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy busy - always good to store up some points. Love the bareness of your painting - not as bare as some folk think though. Reminds me of North Yorks moors and parts of the Cheviots - excellent to walk through.
Thank you. Wilderness is sadly vanishing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As you know we have been and still are working hard on recording virtual performances. Anyone interested here is the latest Recorder Quartet piece we have compleated me on Bass Recorder Mrs Mc on Soprano its classical Purcell

If you can bear to hang on the next piece will be a folk tune with the Recorder Quartet and guests. On this I play Bass Recorder, guitar, Cajon, Harmonica. MRs MC plays Soprano and Treble Recorder, guests do the rest.

Keeps us out of mischief unlike some forum members @alf_Josiah :) fancy joining us on the plinky plonk?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Have started a new online word game. Introduced to it by Son1, who was then on level 847.
Am now up to level 202 in about a week.
Many hours entertainment/wasted depending on point of view.
I love Suduko and Mah Jong and find them really relaxing but sometimes do wonder if I should be doing something more productive.

I have now got to level 306 on a new Mah Jong game I started not that long ago.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hours playing word games are never hours wasted. I would love to know what online game you and Son1 play!
Actually it's an app.
Wordscapes. Basically anagrams.
The free version has lots of adverts for other games, which can be irritating. However as you progress they get fewer and are more easily skipped.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

a mild day but with a very brisk wind from the sea here so mr gee and I got our walk in early then did some garden tidying.

Tomorrow we go over to collect mum to take her to get her pension so I hope it stays dry ;)
Mum says Katy isn't keen to go out in the garden today when it's really windy, she's fine with the soggy snowy ground but less so with the wind flapping her ears about :hilarious:

Phone call just before 5pm today from our Health Centre, I'm booked in for my jab next Tuesday morning :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@jjraak - great progress all round :joyful:

@gennepher - selfie? very nice ;) Popeye looks properly appreciative :)

@dunelm - A fine kingfisher and your always excellent bamboo, I do appreciate how you've managed that minimal but effective background :joyful:

@BRSBRI - I suspect Katy would find Arthur a bit of a puzzle, kind of familiar but bigger... much bigger! :hilarious: (Katy is mum's little dog ).

upload_2021-2-18_19-12-8.png

@Muddy Cyclist - Splendid heathland painting. I especially love the way you have handled the colour through the landscape :joyful: and I look forward to the next A3 tree ;)
I enjoyed your Purcell rendition thank you, there is something very satisfying about his measured cadence :)

art bit - have a windswept tree ;) - based on a photo found online

upload_2021-2-18_19-22-2.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

a mild day but with a very brisk wind from the sea here so mr gee and I got our walk in early then did some garden tidying.

Tomorrow we go over to collect mum to take her to get her pension so I hope it stays dry ;)
Mum says Katy isn't keen to go out in the garden today when it's really windy, she's fine with the soggy snowy ground but less so with the wind flapping her ears about :hilarious:

Phone call just before 5pm today from our Health Centre, I'm booked in for my jab next Tuesday morning :joyful:

@dunelm - A fine kingfisher and your always excellent bamboo, I do appreciate how you've managed that minimal but effective background :joyful:

@BRSBRI - I suspect Katy would find Arthur a bit of a puzzle, kind of familiar but bigger... much bigger! :hilarious: (Katy is mum's little dog ).

View attachment 47565

@Muddy Cyclist - Splendid heathland painting. I especially love the way you have handled the colour through the landscape :joyful: and I look forward to the next A3 tree ;)
I enjoyed your Purcell rendition thank you, there is something very satisfying about his measured cadence :)

View attachment 47566
Thank you @geefull - it was a bit windswept and interesting here today also. Love your tree - all that work with the background really sets it off. Magic.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember being horrified to read in a National newspaper a few years ago that Holkham Beach was one of Norfolk's best kept secrets. Well, unfortunately, it was until then.
Same with parts of Northumberland - oh no! What have I said!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
With the forum stalling and causing me heartache, let me repost the message I was writing ;)
Mrs BRS has also ordered a dishwasher today but as I flooded the kitchen in our last place, the only tool was me - she'd be delighted to embarrass me with the full nightmare on Elm St saga. @Muddy Cyclist

@gennepher - I hear you ...Bath's sunny spring like day brought hordes onto the streets...and I saw 2 nice young PCs handing out covid violation tickets to a group from London. They did however oooh and ahhh over Arthur, the tart masquerading as a standard poodle!! ;)
I think Archie is very similar to Arthur. He loves people ooohing and ahhhing over him. Actually he is a bit put out if they don't.

Hope dishwasher installation goes better this time.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

View attachment 47565

View attachment 47566
Katy is such a lovely little dog

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.7 today

View attachment 47565

View attachment 47566
Thank you, I do enjoy heathland and a joy to paint. Purcell was good to play, quite easy other than a couple of accidental notes which I could not get my mind around, needed muscle memory in the end.

Good windswept tree from you and some well painted foreground grass.

Good news on your jab.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually it's an app.
Wordscapes. Basically anagrams.
The free version has lots of adverts for other games, which can be irritating. However as you progress they get fewer and are more easily skipped.

Thank you. :) I love word games. I play Outspell free all the time at the Washington Post quizzes website. Kinda like Scrabble.