What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
it's that food off our plate thing, init.

i ask "Hungry ? "
no thanks.
."Ok"

cook dinner for a one,
and then it's all "ooh that looks nice , can i have a little bit (aka half........HALF :wideyed::woot:...:banghead: )

Sad, but if she's keen it's nice to share.

You drive to the Pub,
she drives home...WIN :D

You KNOW it makes sense..;)
I'll close my eyes when she takes it out ;) and yes, she ate part of my kebab...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher level 306 is not as good as it sounds because it stays at the beginner level and doesn't get harder. So I win every game - which is why I love it and find it really relaxing.

My other favourite is a a more challenging mah jong on my PC - which I downloaded many years ago in XP days, and luckily still works on Windows 10. I only win rarely but still find it an enjoyable and relaxing game.

Winning 15 games of Solitaire in a row is really impressive.
Thank you.
It's good and relaxing @Krystyna23040 when you can win games. It is almost like a meditation.
My family were card players, so I got good. I don't like losing, even against myself. But I could never win against my grandfather. I am good at bluff with others, but not against my grandfather. I knew my body language didn't give me away. Then, about 30 years ago a guy explained to me it was my eye pupils that gave me away. I never knew.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
it's that food off our plate thing, init.

i ask "Hungry ? "
no thanks.
."Ok"

cook dinner for a one,
and then it's all "ooh that looks nice , can i have a little bit (aka half........HALF :wideyed::woot:...:banghead: )

Sad, but if she's keen it's nice to share.

You drive to the Pub,
she drives home...WIN :D

You KNOW it makes sense..;)

She said "It's not that much bigger than my Fiat 500 - it'll be fine". Erm? Now I'm out in cold sweats. I daren't check my BG before bed...if I survive Silence of the Lambs sofa movie/date night ...
upload_2021-2-19_19-11-55.png

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.45am FBG 5.3
Now that MrSlim is mostly recovered I am becoming increasingly irritable.
Am thinking that I stamped down hard on my stress levels and now having relaxed a bit it's all coming out. Finding suitable foods for both of us continues to be a challenge. With MrSlim today stating it is my weird diet causing the problem....yet it is his requirement for fresh bread has me off to the shops so frequently...
Either way have once again failed at internet shopping. Will have to go to the store. Am so fed up of shopping, with little storage space and limited cooking facilities am shopping two time three times a week.
Fresh bread for MrSlim, milk for tea and coffee, run out with monotonous regularity. As does cream for my coffee, really missing the one litre cartons I bought in France.
Another thing, today noticed was looking for wild primrose, they are everywhere this time of year in Normandy, every roadside bank is covered with them. My mother asked if i regretted returning to England. With lockdown continuing and restrictions getting ever more draconian. Sometimes I do. Currently it's looking like end of May or early June before we can go home. I may have withered away from boredom and idleness by then.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
7.45am FBG 5.3
Now that MrSlim is mostly recovered I am becoming increasingly irritable.
Am thinking that I stamped down hard on my stress levels and now having relaxed a bit it's all coming out. Finding suitable foods for both of us continues to be a challenge. With MrSlim today stating it is my weird diet causing the problem....yet it is his requirement for fresh bread has me off to the shops so frequently...
Either way have once again failed at internet shopping. Will have to go to the store. Am so fed up of shopping, with little storage space and limited cooking facilities am shopping two time three times a week.
Fresh bread for MrSlim, milk for tea and coffee, run out with monotonous regularity. As does cream for my coffee, really missing the one litre cartons I bought in France.
Another thing, today noticed was looking for wild primrose, they are everywhere this time of year in Normandy, every roadside bank is covered with them. My mother asked if i regretted returning to England. With lockdown continuing and restrictions getting ever more draconian. Sometimes I do. Currently it's looking like end of May or early June before we can go home. I may have withered away from boredom and idleness by then.

We miss our wee place near Montpellier...so I hear you loud and clear.
Je vous envoie un gros câlin...

lindisfel

Expert
A day of failed recordings of a glee with two bass parts to sing. Enough they will have to do without my voice I give in. :banghead:

Finished my tree A3 watercolour with Stile. This is supposed to be an Oak which is by a Stile we regularly clamber over on walks into Trent Valley....
View attachment 47589

One more heathland painting to do then my son wants three big abstract stormy seascapes, no idea how they will turn out may have to use oils.
Beautiful old oak painting, you are a very skilled artist Muddy and will leave a legacy to be cherished.
D.

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Its over 40 years ago but I still remember the smell at Palavas?

Its was like the old one about the dog who had no nose!
How does He smell?
Rotten!
It does. Grand Motte the same! But at least it's warm ;)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
The original plan was quarantine in our motorhome for the required 10- 14 days. Then we had invitation to stay with friends for the rest of the three months. It's now been four months living in a motor home with brief break visiting son. Looking like two or more months before we can go home to Normandy. This is not what we were expecting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The original plan was quarantine in our motorhome for the required 10- 14 days. Then we had invitation to stay with friends for the rest of the three months. It's now been four months living in a motor home with brief break visiting son. Looking like two or more months before we can go home to Normandy. This is not what we were expecting.
A lot longer than you intended @SlimLizzy
Not what you wanted.
I hope there is a way you can get home sooner than that.
I cannot imagine living in a motor home during these very cold months either.
Hugs for you both.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.
It's good and relaxing @Krystyna23040 when you can win games. It is almost like a meditation.
My family were card players, so I got good. I don't like losing, even against myself. But I could never win against my grandfather. I am good at bluff with others, but not against my grandfather. I knew my body language didn't give me away. Then, about 30 years ago a guy explained to me it was my eye pupils that gave me away. I never knew.
Very clever of your Grandfather to suss that out. He obviously didn't like losing either.

When we were much younger we regularly had friends round for a game of cards. I hate to lose also and would avoid the alcohol so that I could win. It gave me a huge advantage.

We haven't played cards for years and years. A shame really because we did enjoy those evenings. I haven't drunk alcohol for years either because I became allergic to it. A shame because I did used to enjoy a glass of wine.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day the does not know what it’s going to do here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and chips on the beach yesterday came in at 6.2 this am - ouch - but yummy.

New tax code notice arrived in the post yesterday from the excise people - I know - it’s exciting stuff - fair takes your breath away. I need to go online, check and possibly amend what info they have - tax for smuggling rum and port sounds a bit harsh.

An owl today - A4 on rice paper - hope that everyone has a fabulous Friday, koffy time.

View attachment 47575
What a lovely owl.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, my digital painting of a secret deserted beach, aided by a pestiferous cat. I have had him in an armlock, wrestled the iPad from him, stuffed him between the blankets but he is very quick at tunnelling out again, got out of my nice warm bed to feed him but he said he wanted a different food sachet opening, he is not giving up. So this is not what I intended, but it is a real place, albeit I have spooky photos of it. How much is Popeye and how much is me, I do not know...

He now has me in an armlock, both his arms round my neck. Arms? I had better get my claws out...

View attachment 47578
I love Popeye's painting of a secret deserted beach.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very clever of your Grandfather to suss that out. He obviously didn't like losing either.

When we were much younger we regularly had friends round for a game of cards. I hate to lose also and would avoid the alcohol so that I could win. It gave me a huge advantage.

We haven't played cards for years and years. A shame really because we did enjoy those evenings. I haven't drunk alcohol for years either because I became allergic to it. A shame because I did used to enjoy a glass of wine.
I don't think my grandfather ever lost a card game. Well, not that I knew of @Krystyna23040 He knew pretty much every card that was in your hand.i could guess a few that were in your hand, but I never got to be that good.

I am out of practice playing with others now. But it is useful to know now that my pupils widen slightly to give me away when otherwise my body language is controlled. I have some darker glasses I wear if I need to...