What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After a 5.2 defeat to Swipey FBG the press and pundits are circling under performing IanP Hotspur. Rumours of losing the dressing room and training ground spats persist. Club legend A Talking Head said supporters were never happy with this style of play - from his sack business financed home in the Bahamas. Much like the £40 million cost of sacking Jose, quitting LC would be too costly just now. Meanwhile, the salmon yesterday was spiffing, my bread (1.1% carb) is on and there is plenty of sport to watch. Hug for the prolonged motorhome incarceration @SlimLizzy. God blesses me, LC is sent to try me. Amazing Oak @Muddy Cyclist. Toodle Pip (just for you @RFSMarch - can Rosington Bear come back please?)

Last edited:

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great that you have your vaccine booked for 2nd March.

You must be absolutely exhausted after 3 weeks of those long Aussie hours.
Today was the first day in three weeks I was able to watch BBC Breakfast instead of people hitting tennis balls. It is nice to feel connected to the world again! Alas two Brits in Adelaide but will cover in the mornings after the overnight action.

Be nice to get back into a routine that doesn't make me feel like a vampire too...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The don't call it the North Sea for nothing
Can you you imagine those Celtic Mystic Christians standing in the North Sea for hours of meditation off their hermitage Farnes?:)
D.
It’s why wode was invented - to fool folk that you had been standing in the sea.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a hoot your art is today. A wonderfully seen and drawn Owl from a wise old master.

My Tax code appeared also, they adjust my tax code every year to cover shortfalls, I'm a pensioner, no other income, howcan they get it so wrong? Maybe one year I will get a nice fat cheque for overpayment if tax.
Thank you for your owl appreciation oh wise one.
Yes, I am a pensioner also - and they insist on fiddling about with rounding up and rounding down. Utterly nuts.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright tinge of promise towards the east in the dark and dangerous north - probably a con set up by Micheal Fish.
The wonder wheel of Thai green curry broth type steam the veg on top at the same time came in at 4.8 this am.

Hooligan winds yesterday, sending drifts of sand skittering down the beach - people also, sometimes dogs.
We have acquired another bird feeder - a ‘station’ no less - A decorated Christmas pole in the style of Dali or something that the proud folk of Padstow might trot out to follow the Obby Oss on May Day. It sat in the garden all last week and was shunned by all things feathery. I suggested moving it. It now resides in the South side of the garden and birds are slowly finding it - the foreign ones getting to it quite early and bringing towels.

A great Oak @Muddy Cyclist - not “The” Great Oak - is that still in Sherwood Forest but a great Oak. We seem to be losing a good number of trees to HS2.
@SlimLizzy - big hug, not ideal circumstances.

Crow today, crow tomorrow maybe - Sitting in the mist - A4 on rice paper. Hope that everyone has a super Saturday. Koffy time.

upload_2021-2-20_8-33-20.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today. Now that ain't bad as at 2am we werefoolishly up watching an old film and Mrs MC proclaimed she was hungry and had cheese on toast. All my skinny bread, see @ianpspurs LC bread had gone so I succumbed to a slice of real bread with cheese, yummy, I do know how to live dangerously.

My son called asking if we can pick up our fish he gets from one of his local fishmongers, Son live 25 miles away and usually drops it in to us when working our way, he's a Farrier so covers large areas. If I get stopped will I get away saying it's an essential journey to pick up said fish or will they think it's a fishy tale? Apparently he's got Halibut, Tuna Steaks and Cod Loin, I can't let that go to waste.

More music to do and art, too wet for Muddy Cycle ride me thinks.

Keep safe and dry.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright tinge of promise towards the east in the dark and dangerous north - probably a con set up by Micheal Fish.
The wonder wheel of Thai green curry broth type steam the veg on top at the same time came in at 4.8 this am.

Hooligan winds yesterday, sending drifts of sand skittering down the beach - people also, sometimes dogs.
We have acquired another bird feeder - a ‘station’ no less - A decorated Christmas pole in the style of Dali or something that the proud folk of Padstow might trot out to follow the Obby Oss on May Day. It sat in the garden all last week and was shunned by all things feathery. I suggested moving it. It now resides in the South side of the garden and birds are slowly finding it - the foreign ones getting to it quite early and bringing towels.

A great Oak @Muddy Cyclist - not “The” Great Oak - is that still in Sherwood Forest but a great Oak. We seem to be losing a good number of trees to HS2.
@SlimLizzy - big hug, not ideal circumstances.

Crow today, crow tomorrow maybe - Sitting in the mist - A4 on rice paper. Hope that everyone has a super Saturday. Koffy time.

View attachment 47603
Raining Cats and Dogs in your neck of the woods yesterday then. :)

Yes trees are sadly being sacrificed. We live looking down on Trent Valley through which HS2 will Zoom, many trees along the proposed route have signs on them proclaiming 'Die for HS2' very sad. I am involved in a Fixed Point Photography project for the AONB, 60 points looking into and out of AONB twice a year, photos are then sent to be analysed to see changes, 15 years worth now. New point are being surveyed to note the impact of HS2 on the landscape, very worrying.

That's a fine couple of crows from yourself today, are you going to attempt the exotic foreign visitors with their Beech towels?

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all pensioners who would like the opportunity to be creative with their tax returns, ahh the heady days of P11D's and vat returns.

An unsurprising 7.1 on that meter of mystery and naughtiness.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers how is your day shaping up? Well I hope.

As regular readers of my daily ramblings will be aware me and my alter ego's me's have distrust of the media, but this weekend I shall be cutting them some slack by not taking any notice of their diatribe, preferring to wait for Mondays covid briefing hopefully with Prof Van Tam ( he must be an ex rugby player, he has that look about him. ) and Prof Chris Whitty, how they must looooove the journalists questions.

Not quite sure how the weather is going pan out today, but I don't think I will mention to Mrs J about her mowing the back lawn, talking about Mrs J her birthday is fast approaching and I am stuck for ideas, she doesn't need a new cement mixer or a new motorbike, all ideas gratefully considered.

Have a great day all, remember that today is unique.

Stay well, stay safe and stay sane for as long as possible.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good morning from a dreich southwest England! A higher than normal 6.4 fasting number for me - mind you much better than when I was diagnosed just over 2 months ago at an alarming 11.8....
Just sipping my ginger tea listening to Tony Blackburn on Radio Two Catchup before throwing myself at the mercy of the Aldi queue :)

Have a fab Saturday.
download%20(4).jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

I have a perfectly behaved cat all night and this morning.
He only woke me once, sat on my chest, and patted my left cheek with his paw. I turned on the light to see what he wanted. He went to the edge of the bed with that 'follow me?' look he has, so I got out of bed, and he sat besides the second bowl in the row of cat food bowls (don't ask, but in case you are wondering he has 5 different bowls in a row. One particular food goes into each different bowl. He sat by the second bowl which means cat yoghurt. So I put some down, went to the bathroom, and when I got back he is still sitting by the bowl which is now empty. Seconds? He says.
I am sure that cat has been watching Simon's Cat.
Because I was a very good, very well trained mistress, seeing to his every whim, he let me sleep in until 5:30 am....

And I am allowed unlimited uninterrupted access to my iPad this morning. I don't know I am born.

Here is my painting for today, by my hand only....the inspiration was the moon outside my window which looks like this....

52809E1B-58FC-455B-9F15-34A00B3AB9E3.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today. Now that ain't bad as at 2am we werefoolishly up watching an old film and Mrs MC proclaimed she was hungry and had cheese on toast. All my skinny bread, see @ianpspurs LC bread had gone so I succumbed to a slice of real bread with cheese, yummy, I do know how to live dangerously.

My son called asking if we can pick up our fish he gets from one of his local fishmongers, Son live 25 miles away and usually drops it in to us when working our way, he's a Farrier so covers large areas. If I get stopped will I get away saying it's an essential journey to pick up said fish or will they think it's a fishy tale? Apparently he's got Halibut, Tuna Steaks and Cod Loin, I can't let that go to waste.

Keep safe and dry.
Collect the fish @Muddy Cyclist you won't flounder as I'm sure you are a dab hand at excuses so you'll be brill. Just tell the occifer of the law this was the only plaice you could obtain the essential fish., they won't crill you, Explain that you'd rather not congergate in crowded areas with shoals of people. Bleak post and I've bream carping on for too long. Will you be going out on your pike later or just halibut indoors? So ling folks.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

I have a perfectly behaved cat all night and this morning.
He only woke me once, sat on my chest, and patted my left cheek with his paw. I turned on the light to see what he wanted. He went to the edge of the bed with that 'follow me?' look he has, so I got out of bed, and he sat besides the second bowl in the row of cat food bowls (don't ask, but in case you are wondering he has 5 different bowls in a row. One particular food goes into each different bowl. He sat by the second bowl which means cat yoghurt. So I put some down, went to the bathroom, and when I got back he is still sitting by the bowl which is now empty. Seconds? He says.
I am sure that cat has been watching Simon's Cat.
Because I was a very good, very well trained mistress, seeing to his every whim, he let me sleep in until 5:30 am....

And I am allowed unlimited uninterrupted access to my iPad this morning. I don't know I am born.

Here is my painting for today, by my hand only....the inspiration was the moon outside my window which looks like this....

View attachment 47605
Wow, that's a great moonlit scene, I hadn't realised that your bungalow was in such a magnificent location and your troublesome neighbours were the family of Downton Abbey :). A wonderful atmospheric piece of art from your fingers.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Collect the fish @Muddy Cyclist you won't flounder as I'm sure you are a dub hand at excuses so you'll be brill. Just tell the occifer of the law this was the only plaice you could obtain the essential fish., they won't crill you, Explain that you'd rather not congergate in crowded areas with shoals of people. Bleak post and I've bream carping on for too long. Will you be going out on your pike later or just halibut indoors? So ling folks.
Sound fishmongers advice, I will get my Skates on and set out with Porpoise.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't you got some tunas to be recording or some mackerels to adjust for the tax man on the Excel masterpiece?
I am kicking my eels on the recordings and as I'm struggling with a Cbass note in the Scales. Tax cod e i am floundering with.

Reactions: dogslife

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
She said "It's not that much bigger than my Fiat 500 - it'll be fine". Erm? Now I'm out in cold sweats. I daren't check my BG before bed...if I survive Silence of the Lambs sofa movie/date night ...
View attachment 47594
Lovely car. Perfect for Mrs BR to borrow when you are not using it.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Keep safe and dry.
5.5 after cheese on toast at 2am is amazingly good.

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a dreich southwest England! A higher than normal 6.4 fasting number for me - mind you much better than when I was diagnosed just over 2 months ago at an alarming 11.8....
Just sipping my ginger tea listening to Tony Blackburn on Radio Two Catchup before throwing myself at the mercy of the Aldi queue :)

Have a fab Saturday. View attachment 47604
6.4 is a huge improvement on 11.8 when diagnosed.

Reactions: BRSBRI