What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day the does not know what it’s going to do here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and chips on the beach yesterday came in at 6.2 this am - ouch - but yummy.

New tax code notice arrived in the post yesterday from the excise people - I know - it’s exciting stuff - fair takes your breath away. I need to go online, check and possibly amend what info they have - tax for smuggling rum and port sounds a bit harsh.

An owl today - A4 on rice paper - hope that everyone has a fabulous Friday, koffy time.

View attachment 47575
Wise old owl wishes to meet similar for art, meals out and long walks on deserted beaches. GSOH essential. Swipe right. Don't imagine you meant to take me there but massive thanks @dunelm

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Right, my digital painting of a secret deserted beach, aided by a pestiferous cat. I have had him in an armlock, wrestled the iPad from him, stuffed him between the blankets but he is very quick at tunnelling out again, got out of my nice warm bed to feed him but he said he wanted a different food sachet opening, he is not giving up. So this is not what I intended, but it is a real place, albeit I have spooky photos of it. How much is Popeye and how much is me, I do not know...

He now has me in an armlock, both his arms round my neck. Arms? I had better get my claws out...

804A2261-8FAA-438E-85EA-65EBA141167B.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Right, my digital painting of a secret deserted beach, aided by a pestiferous cat. I have had him in an armlock, wrestled the iPad from him, stuffed him between the blankets but he is very quick at tunnelling out again, got out of my nice warm bed to feed him but he said he wanted a different food sachet opening, he is not giving up. So this is not what I intended, but it is a real place, albeit I have spooky photos of it. How much is Popeye and how much is me, I do not know...

He now has me in an armlock, both his arms round my neck. Arms? I had better get my claws out...

View attachment 47578
I said winner but it’s also funny and also wonderful secret deserted beach. Love the colours and the mystery of some bluring.
Our beach this morning was so busy :)

upload_2021-2-19_13-43-33.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to super salmon and avo salad day. Half time score (3.43 am) 4.6 full time 5.1 (5.44 am) Studio pundits say don't sack the manager but overall performance well short of the best. Settling in to new stadium, no home crowd, coming back from long term injury, summer side really. @Muddy Cyclist Purcell washes ears whiter; @geefull great art and hope jab goes well. @karen8967 and @BRSBRI , well mememing posts. @SaskiaKC good to have you back. @Krystyna23040 - Holkham Beach a secret? and several others.
Edit: Sorry Julie. Star player still missing, helping new signing settle in.

Yep, reports from 'trusted' sources do say Lakentheath Atletico, now have a feeder team in Southampton Boca Juniors.

Recent results have been poor admittedly,
But Boss IandeP , States

" There is still a place in the side for our missing star, JuliP.

She's been sorely missed, and as you know, I've always said she's a real keeper,
Best signing in my reign, one of the best stoppers, with great distribution skills.

she's always laying on those great passes out from the back for the entire team, feeding them through the Middle .
and has been a major part in our success of recent years.

Team is missing her, but she WILL be back once fit"

i know it's not how you mean it....

But in keeping with the sporting metaphors..

I see top scaled keto/lchf..
Like playing in the Prem/Champions league....all gravy, :D
BUT...
you don't KNOW what injuries 'heading' can lead to, but you do it any way cos for now, you're doing OK.

OR

you still try but gracefully slide down the division & ranking, over the years, like a good few much loved players,
keeping fit and not disgracing themselves in among the 'younger' lads :wacky:..(<- any one know who THAT is meant to be..LoL)..

OR

skip all that, eat as your told and let nature decide :sorry: :wideyed:

I'm not in the prem by any means but i'm still in the game and playing..:)

Have a good Un.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47578

Cats adorable but the furry edition of a greased pig..wriggle, wriggle, freedom...
then back to pester..aagghh

Liking the pic by this new artist, genn.

didn't quite catch the name..
was it Genopye, or Pogenn, i heard they were called.?

;):)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again all. Coming to the end of three looooong weeks of Aussie hours.
Things I have learned
  • Despite being de rigeur for the last three weeks, protein bars and alternating Waitrose cup soups and Pot Noodles do not a valid food group make at 3am.
  • Also this being up at midnight, 2am, 4am lark is... well... let's just say I will be relieved when this godforsaken swing is over...
  • Tennis Australia having an extra tournament next week can basically go discover things about their intimate anatomy - three weeks of this nonsense is enough. No-one cares about the tournament the week after a Slam and I need sleep!

Yesterday I received a rather terse email from the NHS telling me I had now been reclassified as high risk. We have had a lot of scams our way so I called the surgery and initially the most snooty of the receptionists was like "YOU? That can't be right" before checking and coming back and telling me "I need to book you in RIGHT NOW..." and thus I have my first vaccination on March 2.

Given that the advice says do NOT go to the supermarket, or even the pharmacy if classified as a shielded patient (which of course I have been doing every 2-3 weeks for groceries/bank and as needed for meds!) I find it somewhat hilarious and baffling that my designated centre is in an area where there is no parking for non-residents as it is permit controlled, so ... my options (as a shielded patient) is.... get someone to take me in their car (!) or.... wait for it... Get the bus (!!!).Which... kinda negates the whole "barricade your door and do not talk to strangers' schtick! Go figure! A mate has said she will take me and if not I will just get the bus although Mrs Passive Aggressive up the road OF COURSE was the only person in our road to get an infection from the needle, she claims. Luckily another neighbour came to my rescue and basically demanded to know what she was suggesting I do about it? Turn down the jab? Nonsense.

Anyway... back to writing previews... and will try and come back on Monday and if I can afford it, Swipey will be back in March.
In the words of the ever wonderful @ianpspurs toodle-pip and I will be back on Monday... ish.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bond day 68

7.0, so it's going down, i suppose.

yesterday, fit enough to be part of team FiL
quick scoot out to get his meds, takes pressure off the girls AND i feel useful..WIN.

Earlier today had to sort so many boxes i haven't been able to of late,
and now a late breakfast, cuppa notably delicious.
and I'm ready for the rest of the day.
a short trip to daughters, collect some tools and a quick chat.
MIGHT, MIGHT try to take their dog for a walk..
see how it all goes.
suspect walking fine-ish..no runs for him, but the picking up poo..
might be the glitch in my plan.
dog see's other dog/cat/squirrel/etc.., poo bag in hand, .leaning down..ooohh :watching:

Pleasant looking day here, dry for now, rain expected next hour.

have a great one.
weekends now HERE..:D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cats adorable but the furry edition of a greased pig..wriggle, wriggle, freedom...
then back to pester..aagghh

Liking the pic by this new artist, genn.

didn't quite catch the name..
was it Genopye, or Pogenn, i heard they were called.?

;):)

I prefer holding a squealing baby pig to what Popeye was like this morning.

Probably Popeye will say Popgenn.....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again all. Coming to the end of three looooong weeks of Aussie hours.
Things I have learned
  • Despite being de rigeur for the last three weeks, protein bars and alternating Waitrose cup soups and Pot Noodles do not a valid food group make at 3am.
  • Also this being up at midnight, 2am, 4am lark is... well... let's just say I will be relieved when this godforsaken swing is over...
  • Tennis Australia having an extra tournament next week can basically go discover things about their intimate anatomy - three weeks of this nonsense is enough. No-one cares about the tournament the week after a Slam and I need sleep!

Yesterday I received a rather terse email from the NHS telling me I had now been reclassified as high risk. We have had a lot of scams our way so I called the surgery and initially the most snooty of the receptionists was like "YOU? That can't be right" before checking and coming back and telling me "I need to book you in RIGHT NOW..." and thus I have my first vaccination on March 2.

Given that the advice says do NOT go to the supermarket, or even the pharmacy if classified as a shielded patient (which of course I have been doing every 2-3 weeks for groceries/bank and as needed for meds!) I find it somewhat hilarious and baffling that my designated centre is in an area where there is no parking for non-residents as it is permit controlled, so ... my options (as a shielded patient) is.... get someone to take me in their car (!) or.... wait for it... Get the bus (!!!).Which... kinda negates the whole "barricade your door and do not talk to strangers' schtick! Go figure! A mate has said she will take me and if not I will just get the bus although Mrs Passive Aggressive up the road OF COURSE was the only person in our road to get an infection from the needle, she claims. Luckily another neighbour came to my rescue and basically demanded to know what she was suggesting I do about it? Turn down the jab? Nonsense.

Anyway... back to writing previews... and will try and come back on Monday and if I can afford it, Swipey will be back in March.
In the words of the ever wonderful @ianpspurs toodle-pip and I will be back on Monday... ish.
Wonderful to see you back and in purple prose, if somewhat crosswaffled. What, you haven't heard of the infamous Nell Hook and her day in court? Jab sounds like an excellent plan and avoiding more down under tourneys an even better plan. Surely you weren't suggesting Sains or Tes cup soups as alternatives. Richmond clearly gone down hill unless you mean Fortnum and Mason. Pip pip old toot.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Beaches:
There were some beautiful deserted beaches on the West coast of N.Z. South Island, but you couldn't tarry because the blasted sand flies would pester the life out of you.

We spent an evening on the beach at Punakaiki watching the Westland Black Petrels come in from the sea to go into the rain forest where they laid eggs and incubated their young in winter in excavated burrows.

Punakaiki is a place that has pancake rocks like the Gaints Causeway and the cave on Staffa.

Also beautiful but hardly usuable beaches are on North Uist and rest of the area made from coral reefs and are white sand.... from when that area was in warmer seas before Plate Tecktonics moved it north.
I would think a wet suite would be needed for non winter swimmers.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It seems Waron The Woke is reprogramming/building back better his sat nav. It is world leading you know - if looked at in a certain light with magic specs. Hopefully it will avoid Cheltenham Festival, random football matches with the Spanish, last minute pub crawls, shaking hands with all and sundry, shopping at PPE emporiums run by Trotter Bros, porous borders, pooh-poohing wearing masks, paying people to eat out to spread about just to name a few hazards. You don't think Dido is a secret coding genius do you?

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
It seems Waron The Woke is reprogramming/building back better his sat nav. It is world leading you know - if looked at in a certain light with magic specs. Hopefully it will avoid Cheltenham Festival, random football matches with the Spanish, last minute pub crawls, shaking hands with all and sundry, shopping at PPE emporiums run by Trotter Bros, porous borders, pooh-poohing wearing masks, paying people to eat out to spread about just to name a few hazards. You don't think Dido is a secret coding genius do you?
Is he a relative of Hereward the Woke? :)

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a day the does not know what it’s going to do here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of fish and chips on the beach yesterday came in at 6.2 this am - ouch - but yummy.

New tax code notice arrived in the post yesterday from the excise people - I know - it’s exciting stuff - fair takes your breath away. I need to go online, check and possibly amend what info they have - tax for smuggling rum and port sounds a bit harsh.

An owl today - A4 on rice paper - hope that everyone has a fabulous Friday, koffy time.

View attachment 47575
What a hoot your art is today. A wonderfully seen and drawn Owl from a wise old master.

My Tax code appeared also, they adjust my tax code every year to cover shortfalls, I'm a pensioner, no other income, howcan they get it so wrong? Maybe one year I will get a nice fat cheque for overpayment if tax.

Reactions: gennepher