What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

I wish I could believe it was a touch of dp caused by eating no supper :sorry:

A lovely day today bright, mild and breezy instead of positively brisk and windy. Mr gee and I got in a walk and a bit of garden work so that's all to the good :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - striking tree silhouette with great depth of field, nicely balanced :)

@dunelm - Very accomplished 'quick' sketch and I also enjoy your 'messy' art, (mine are usually just messy :hilarious:)

@Muddy Cyclist and @Krystyna23040 hugs for both, Moet and Archie are both lucky members of caring families, those decisions are so hard but are literally the last act of love we can perform for them. Hope it's a long, comfortable time away for both.

@jjraak - good stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good confirmation from your doc ;)

@lindisfel - it's just a lonely remnant of an old hedge but I think 'laying' hedges is a bit of a dying art :(
though they are thankfully planting new ones on a couple of farms around here just now :) Lovely crocuses :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Nice to see daffodils :) ours are nowhere near as far on as that although we do have a few of the dwarf irises coming into flower just today :joyful:

Perhaps today's art is a study for the series then? ;) I do like the near shore and reflections very much :)

art bit -
when the snow started melting there was a whopping pool right across the field boundary which melted and refroze overnight, like a sheep skating rink :hilarious:
View attachment 47655
Thank you for kind words re Moet and art, yes a study and trial piece of abstract, learnt a lot.

Nice to see Spring on the way, we have some miniature iris all over the garden they are so lovely to see.

That's a well painted skating pond from yourself, where's the sheep? Again lots of depth and the fence line carrying the eye through the painting. My favourite part though is the distant mountains, so well painted.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another mithery moany start here in the dark and dangerous north - hopefully brightening later.
The wonder wheel of a fine chicken salad dinner came in at 4.8 this am

Son has asked me to make him a family tree to go on the wall of his gym (he build one next to their house during lockdown) - so, Ogham or Chinese calligraphy? - Ogham will be easiest so might go that way - hope they don’t want full names - Thai does not easily translate into Gaelic and Chinese calligraphy is bad enough for names. Good grief - I may need to take up the art of “thinking”. Other son want’s a fish - dear me. Youngest granddaughter again today - the bubbled child. Mrs Miggins hunter gathered a celeriac root yesterday so perhaps a Yotam Ottolenghi style roasted celeriac with some sweet chilli dressing for dinner - I can roast it in my Ninja which is proving very useful and so far the oven is redundant with there being only two to cook for. Has everyone booked their hairdressing session?

Bird art today - hope that everyone has Terrific Tuesday, bin day tomorrow but right now, koffy.

upload_2021-2-23_8-2-55.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your best work so far, don't be so hard on yourself
Thank you.
Found an unposted comment from a few days ago when i logged in. Clicked it.

22.02 2021
Forgot FBG three mornings in a row.
Today was rush to get the car to garage for some essential work, yesterday quick coffee and off to the shops, 8am and raining, very few others about.
MrSlim has been feeling somewhat better for a couple of days. We both thought this extended episide was ending. However today he is in some pain and looks awful, Worryingly he is off his food and actually went to bed early.
I really think he should at least talk to a doctor, but he is still insisting they cannot help him.

There has been some lovely artwork over the last few days. @dunelm love the heron?storm?
@gennepher cats do make excellent hot water bottles. Their natural body temperature is slighltly higher than ours, which explains it. Errant is more than welcome on my lap when I am feeling cold.
not easy for either of you, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and I hope Mr Slim quickly improves or seeks some help.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

His Lordship has finally truly forgiven me for sleeping on my side the other night so he was unable to sleep under my chin.

So last night, was the entire night with a happy cat under my chin...

This digital painting he contributed to this morning...

It was inspired by oak trees, the dawn, and then the blinding white sun in the perfect blue sky yesterday.

Popeye was rejuvenated by the sun, just as we humans are. So much so, that despite being an elderly nearly 29 year old cat, he took a leap from his standing poised position on the floor, not just to on the bottom of the couch, but up and horizontal to the floor the whole length of the couch and landed on my chest. His eyes were wide in astonishment as he was doing it, and me with my arms wide open to grab him if he fell...

He looked proud of himself...

Now I need a nap...back later...

View attachment 47658
Another magical and imaginative piece of art from you, I can feel that sun white sun that is so difficult to capture. Like Popeye a very attentive cat.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another mithery moany start here in the dark and dangerous north - hopefully brightening later.

Son has asked me to make him a family tree to go on the wall of his gym (he build one next to their house during lockdown) - so, Ogham or Chinese calligraphy? - Ogham will be easiest so might go that way - hope they don’t want full names - Thai does not easily translate into Gaelic and Chinese calligraphy is bad enough for names. Good grief - I may need to take up the art of “thinking”. Other son want’s a fish - dear me. Youngest granddaughter again today - the bubbled child. Mrs Miggins hunter gathered a celeriac root yesterday so perhaps a Yotam Ottolenghi style roasted celeriac with some sweet chilli dressing for dinner - I can roast it in my Ninja which is proving very useful and so far the oven is redundant with there being only two to cook for. Has everyone booked their hairdressing session?

Bird art today - hope that everyone has Terrific Tuesday, bin day tomorrow but right now, koffy.

View attachment 47659
You do manage to get some fine movement in your birds even though they are sitting on branches or standing in lakes. Nice feather lines and brilliant blossoms.

Family tree, could be a long roll of wallpaper job or a small A4 depends on how many ancestors you found. Great idea of you sons though.

Reactions: geefull and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning a 6 for me today. That was unexpected after being very good with Salmon poached in lemon juice and a few low carb stir fry Veg for a meal last night, just goes to show how fickle our internal workings can be just when you think you are doing OK, I suppose it keeps me on my toes.

VW Golf into garage today, lots of clunking, pinging and creaking when turning corners, suspect broken coil but as it's a sports model it's too low for me to get underneath to investigate even though I'm now a skinny fellow. :)

So work in garden today as Mrs MCs got plans, I have no idea what.

Keep safe enjoy the wonders of the harbingers Spring.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Morning everyone from a spring like Bath.

My overnight FBG was 6.2 - dinner was poached trout, a whole pot pourri of Mediterranean veg and grilled asparagus. Followed by berries, yoghurt and peanut butter mixed in...

Blood pressure monitor arrived via Amazon as per the wish of my GP...

Car dealer phoned - some unnamed employee has reversed into the Stinger and taken a gouge out the front as it awaited its delivery inspection for next week.

The choice - get it fixed or they've offered me a new one in electric blue delivered at the end of next month with a car temporarily till then on their dime which I thought was very decent.

What would you guys do?

AHH, the joys.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. That includes posters, painters and gamers, but not.......

A 6.2 this morning, nothing to be ashamed of, or proud of.

Who knows where today will take us, a truly magical mystery tour, best let it be and it can become another day.

Stay well, stay safe and whatever.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really think he should at least talk to a doctor, but he is still insisting they cannot help him.
I agree that he should at least talk to a doctor as this is going on and on. He sounds just as stubborn as Mr K - which makes it almost impossible to get him to do the sensible thing. Good luck.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning. Was struggling with low 4s and some 3s yesterday afternoon and evening. Was 3.8 at bedtime. During the night felt like I had dropped lower and didn't feel that good. This morning DP kicked in to give me a 6.8. 2 hours after breakfast was 6.0.

Sometimes this T2D is really hard to figure out. At least the headache I woke up with is improving.

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I agree that he should at least talk to a doctor as this is going on and on. He sounds just as stubborn as Mr K - which makes it almost impossible to get him to do the sensible thing. Good luck.
@slimlizzy if you're connected on NHS e-consult, you could persuade him to digitally hook up to your practice. If you're French residents, have you temporarily registered with a surgery here?

Also NHS 111 - gets a bad rap from some, but my experience has always been good.

It's worth a shot and may help peace of mind for you both.

Sending my best!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
6.8 this morning. Was struggling with low 4s and some 3s yesterday afternoon and evening. Was 3.8 at bedtime. During the night felt like I had dropped lower and didn't feel that good. This morning DP kicked in to give me a 6.8. 2 hours after breakfast was 6.0.

Sometimes this T2D is really hard to figure out. At least the headache I woke up with is improving.
T2D I've found with me anyway is an unpredictable beast and can affect many health parameters... it's like being a constant anatomy and physiology alchemist to tune it!

I hope you're feeling better. Arthur sends a big woof and tail wag too.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. That includes posters, painters and gamers, but not.......

A 6.2 this morning, nothing to be ashamed of, or proud of.

Who knows where today will take us, a truly magical mystery tour, best let it be and it can become another day.

Stay well, stay safe and whatever.
Thanks MrJ. The magical mystery tour as each day dawns for us all I hope is healthy and fun no matter where or what we're all up to:)

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You do manage to get some fine movement in your birds even though they are sitting on branches or standing in lakes. Nice feather lines and brilliant blossoms.

Family tree, could be a long roll of wallpaper job or a small A4 depends on how many ancestors you found. Great idea of you sons though.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist.
Family tree - only from us to them so just 3 generations - thank goodness - probably A4 - need to practice.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone from a spring like Bath.

My overnight FBG was 6.2 - dinner was poached trout, a whole pot pourri of Mediterranean veg and grilled asparagus. Followed by berries, yoghurt and peanut butter mixed in...

Blood pressure monitor arrived via Amazon as per the wish of my GP...

Car dealer phoned - some unnamed employee has reversed into the Stinger and taken a gouge out the front as it awaited its delivery inspection for next week.

The choice - get it fixed or they've offered me a new one in electric blue delivered at the end of next month with a car temporarily till then on their dime which I thought was very decent.

What would you guys do?

AHH, the joys.
Which ever option I would take would be the wrong one. :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
23 02.2021
7.35am FBG 5 1
Lovely sunny morning but a vicious cold wind. Ideal for drying washing. Except when the wind blows the temporary line down. The van is swaying in the wind, reminding me of living on the narrow boat.
Thank you for all the kind, thoughtful and supportive comments. MrSlim appears much improved this morning. Apparently he " expects his body to heal itself" so no point in phoning doctor....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 47659
Wonderfully springlike and hopeful @dunelm