What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@muddy cyclist very sorry to hear about Moet. And you too @Krystyna23040 on Archie.

Pets become part of family and daily life very quickly; we still miss our big grey tabby Marley who had to be put down due to throat cancer - and that was 10 years ago.

Virtual treats for them both from Arthur who's now back from vets...hopefully the vet survived!
Yes you are right that our pets are a very important part of our families and very much missed when they pass away.

Was so pleased to hear that we will no longer be required to 'stay at home ' after 29th March so we can take Archie out to all his favourite National Trust parks. He will so love walking around Sheringham Park, Blickling Hall, Oxburgh Hall and Felbrigg and of course Gooderstone Water Gardens.

Reactions: dunelm and BRSBRI

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1613998204601.jpg

lindisfel

Expert
I bet your too young to remember Hopalong Cassidy! :)

A long John silver day,
( quite appropriate considering the leg appointment )

Pieces of 8 indeed, me hearties.

8.1 fbg to give it it's full name of sugary Shame :rolleyes:.

Nice dinner, maybe a potato too many ?, the late night snifter, that became one of two. (ok, more then two.. :arghh: )

Late to bed, up early...
ho hum. Who really knows
( Kicks ground, hand in pockets)

X-ray day, ..no record of appointment...:sorry:
No WiFi.
Back outside to get signal, to fetch & screenshot appointment, like I should have BEFORE I get there...:banghead:
to show reception ..

Lady comes out all apologetic...bless.
Found me on system

Made me late for appointment, though
Can't be early anymore, covid, so timings more critical.

Did get seen, reasonably quickly
I struggle a little shoes/ socks off/ on.

Just my luck to get ready in one room, to find machine no good, so shoes back on to go to another room

Have to stand on plinth to x-ray ankles, today it was also up on two foam blocks .
Left me too high from hand rail to balance without clinging most ungracefully to back of plinth backboard, ala Norman wisdom.:hilarious:

All small whines on the day.

Been quite impressed with how normal the service seemed to be.

sure you got to time your run, wash hands, wear a mask, fewer in the A&E, etc.

But NHS have been great for me, thank you SO much you wonderful people. XXXX

And while radiologist can't say for definite,
When I mentioned the docs worried about ankle bones separating, due to fracture repair failing, she indicated all looked well and all bones in correct alignment ..:D

Let's hope Wednesday's meet with doc confirms that happy prognosis

Off to have a jolly little day today
Hope you all can do similar :)

Reactions: BRSBRI

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.9 today

I wish I could believe it was a touch of dp caused by eating no supper :sorry:

A lovely day today bright, mild and breezy instead of positively brisk and windy. Mr gee and I got in a walk and a bit of garden work so that's all to the good :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - striking tree silhouette with great depth of field, nicely balanced :)

@dunelm - Very accomplished 'quick' sketch and I also enjoy your 'messy' art, (mine are usually just messy :hilarious:)

@Muddy Cyclist and @Krystyna23040 hugs for both, Moet and Archie are both lucky members of caring families, those decisions are so hard but are literally the last act of love we can perform for them. Hope it's a long, comfortable time away for both.

@jjraak - good stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good confirmation from your doc ;)

@lindisfel - it's just a lonely remnant of an old hedge but I think 'laying' hedges is a bit of a dying art :(
though they are thankfully planting new ones on a couple of farms around here just now :) Lovely crocuses :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Nice to see daffodils :) ours are nowhere near as far on as that although we do have a few of the dwarf irises coming into flower just today :joyful:

Perhaps today's art is a study for the series then? ;) I do like the near shore and reflections very much :)

art bit -
when the snow started melting there was a whopping pool right across the field boundary which melted and refroze overnight, like a sheep skating rink :hilarious:
upload_2021-2-22_19-34-11.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.9 today

A lovely day today bright, mild and breezy instead of positively brisk and windy. Mr gee and I got in a walk and a bit of garden work so that's all to the good :)

@gennepher - striking tree silhouette with great depth of field, nicely balanced :)

@dunelm - Very accomplished 'quick' sketch and I also enjoy your 'messy' art, (mine are usually just messy :hilarious:)

@Muddy Cyclist and @Krystyna23040 hugs for both, Moet and Archie are both lucky members of caring families, those decisions are so hard but are literally the last act of love we can perform for them. Hope it's a long, comfortable time away for both.

@jjraak - good stuff, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good confirmation from your doc ;)

@lindisfel - it's just a lonely remnant of an old hedge but I think 'laying' hedges is a bit of a dying art :(
though they are thankfully planting new ones on a couple of farms around here just now :) Lovely crocuses :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Nice to see daffodils :) ours are nowhere near as far on as that although we do have a few of the dwarf irises coming into flower just today :joyful:

Perhaps today's art is a study for the series then? ;) I do like the near shore and reflections very much :)

art bit -
when the snow started melting there was a whopping pool right across the field boundary which melted and refroze overnight, like a sheep skating rink :hilarious:
View attachment 47655
Thank you @geefull for the tree compliment.

A beautiful landscape tonight. I love the distant snow covered hills. And the natural ice skating rink nestled in the field...

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Took the diesel out today and filled up, first time for ages.

Went to have a look see if Overwater and Skiddaw were still there and snapped off a few pics.
No police guarding the back roads to the fells and ok to have a walk along the hill by the lake. Just Buzzards, Kestrel,View attachment 47623 Tufties Goldeye and Teal in area.

View attachment 47624

Heres one of distant Western fells

View attachment 47625

Came back on Castle Inn/Ireby road and plenty of walkers parked up walking up Binsey from the watershed so they had an easy walk to the top with good views over the Solway Plain for a 1500 ft hill.
D.
Great photos, you live in a beautiful area.
Here a buzzard flew over one of the dual carriageway in the nearby town.
And there are tawny owls calling at night.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The reason I am not an abstract artist. :) This is a 2ft square canvas for the first of my Abstract stormy Sea and Sky Paintings, a complete mess. I will over paint it but I have run out of artistic enthusiasm so it will have to do as today's art.

View attachment 47653
Your best work so far, don't be so hard on yourself

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Found an unposted comment from a few days ago when i logged in. Clicked it.

22.02 2021
Forgot FBG three mornings in a row.
Today was rush to get the car to garage for some essential work, yesterday quick coffee and off to the shops, 8am and raining, very few others about.
MrSlim has been feeling somewhat better for a couple of days. We both thought this extended episide was ending. However today he is in some pain and looks awful, Worryingly he is off his food and actually went to bed early.
I really think he should at least talk to a doctor, but he is still insisting they cannot help him.

There has been some lovely artwork over the last few days. @dunelm love the heron?storm?
@gennepher cats do make excellent hot water bottles. Their natural body temperature is slighltly higher than ours, which explains it. Errant is more than welcome on my lap when I am feeling cold.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, @SlimLizzy , sorry to hear he's felt
so unwell.

What a worry that must be
Sure he wants to make light of it, bless him, and probably one of those reasons is so as not to worry you.

but such a run of I'll health, must now persuade even him, in most optomistic 'Me Man' mode ( you know how us guys can be...:rolleyes:) that perhaps a doctor's visit is in order.

Even if only to set your mind, at rest..

At worst it can offer the fact he needs s little more help , then just not eating and/or sleeping can offer..
And at best perhaps it's just an imbalance in some bloods/vitamins/etc levels that some simple remedies could alleviate, asap.

I'm awake because, a dream or some such disturbed me, but all is well.

I hate to think if you sat up alone, in the mobile home, worrying, so late/early in the morning.

Hope the dawn brings Mr Slim some respite, and you a little less worry and a more peaceful day.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

22.02 2021
Today was rush to get the car to garage for some essential work, yesterday quick coffee and off to the shops, 8am and raining, very few others about.
MrSlim has been feeling somewhat better for a couple of days. We both thought this extended episide was ending. However today he is in some pain and looks awful, Worryingly he is off his food and actually went to bed early.
I really think he should at least talk to a doctor, but he is still insisting they cannot help him.

There has been some lovely artwork over the last few days. @dunelm love the heron?storm?
@gennepher cats do make excellent hot water bottles. Their natural body temperature is slighltly higher than ours, which explains it. Errant is more than welcome on my lap when I am feeling cold.
Hugs for you @SlimLizzy and MrSlim
I hope you can persuade him to see a doctor, but I know what it is like to persuade a (stubborn, for whatever reason) person to see a doctor.

I didn't know a cat's body temperature is slightly higher than ours. Thanks for that.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your best work so far, don't be so hard on yourself
I am going to say it again @Muddy Cyclist
This painting is absolutely amazing. You have caught green wild sea, the stormy skies. And at the bottom half is the absolutely stunning rocks and reflections in the sand.

I would put this on my wall @Muddy Cyclist and look on it every morning, and get lost within it.

Sorry, but I had to say it again how good it is.

Reactions: BRSBRI and jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That England Dan and John Ford Coley day. Great to see you again, you're looking amazing. Love the new hair, it really suits you - shows off those gorgeous eyes . Those colours and that style - so current and such a statement - wow. Can I get you a coffee, speciality tea, kale and detoxifying smoothie or something? What, this old 5.4 - came from Swipey, nothing special. Let's not talk about me. Great place to meet, always new art by talented locals. We must meet up again soon. Do give my love to @SlimLizzy and @jjraak. Don't leave it so long next time. Too Swiss Tony, maybe?
My first watch was a Hop along Cassidy from Otto Whirl in Cambridge @lindisfel .

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

His Lordship has finally truly forgiven me for sleeping on my side the other night so he was unable to sleep under my chin.

So last night, was the entire night with a happy cat under my chin...

This digital painting he contributed to this morning...

It was inspired by oak trees, the dawn, and then the blinding white sun in the perfect blue sky yesterday.

Popeye was rejuvenated by the sun, just as we humans are. So much so, that despite being an elderly nearly 29 year old cat, he took a leap from his standing poised position on the floor, not just to on the bottom of the couch, but up and horizontal to the floor the whole length of the couch and landed on my chest. His eyes were wide in astonishment as he was doing it, and me with my arms wide open to grab him if he fell...

He looked proud of himself...

Now I need a nap...back later...

A3F44883-06B7-401B-9E12-3E718AD5918F.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The reason I am not an abstract artist. :) This is a 2ft square canvas for the first of my Abstract stormy Sea and Sky Paintings, a complete mess. I will over paint it but I have run out of artistic enthusiasm so it will have to do as today's art.

View attachment 47653
Looks fine to me - well captured, packed with interest

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

art bit -
View attachment 47655
Thank you @geefull - nice and unusual subject from you today and well captured - can’t see the skating sheep though.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

22.02 2021

Oh, not so good for Mr Slim - get thee to an apothecary. Stork - well, that was the intention.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

His Lordship has finally truly forgiven me for sleeping on my side the other night so he was unable to sleep under my chin.

So last night, was the entire night with a happy cat under my chin...

This digital painting he contributed to this morning...

It was inspired by oak trees, the dawn, and then the blinding white sun in the perfect blue sky yesterday.

Popeye was rejuvenated by the sun, just as we humans are. So much so, that despite being an elderly nearly 29 year old cat, he took a leap from his standing poised position on the floor, not just to on the bottom of the couch, but up and horizontal to the floor the whole length of the couch and landed on my chest. His eyes were wide in astonishment as he was doing it, and me with my arms wide open to grab him if he fell...

He looked proud of himself...

Now I need a nap...back later...

View attachment 47658
Well done Popeye - smashing it in the digital world - wonderful reflections.