1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.3 for me have a good day everyone

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Hug Hug x 1
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you for kind words re Moet and art, yes a study and trial piece of abstract, learnt a lot.

Nice to see Spring on the way, we have some miniature iris all over the garden they are so lovely to see.

That's a well painted skating pond from yourself, where's the sheep? Again lots of depth and the fence line carrying the eye through the painting. My favourite part though is the distant mountains, so well painted.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  3. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Good morning everyone from another mithery moany start here in the dark and dangerous north - hopefully brightening later.
    The wonder wheel of a fine chicken salad dinner came in at 4.8 this am

Son has asked me to make him a family tree to go on the wall of his gym (he build one next to their house during lockdown) - so, Ogham or Chinese calligraphy? - Ogham will be easiest so might go that way - hope they don’t want full names - Thai does not easily translate into Gaelic and Chinese calligraphy is bad enough for names. Good grief - I may need to take up the art of “thinking”. Other son want’s a fish - dear me. Youngest granddaughter again today - the bubbled child. Mrs Miggins hunter gathered a celeriac root yesterday so perhaps a Yotam Ottolenghi style roasted celeriac with some sweet chilli dressing for dinner - I can roast it in my Ninja which is proving very useful and so far the oven is redundant with there being only two to cook for. Has everyone booked their hairdressing session?

Bird art today - hope that everyone has Terrific Tuesday, bin day tomorrow but right now, koffy.

upload_2021-2-23_8-2-55.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 9
  4. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.
    not easy for either of you, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and I hope Mr Slim quickly improves or seeks some help.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Muddy Cyclist

Another magical and imaginative piece of art from you, I can feel that sun white sun that is so difficult to capture. Like Popeye a very attentive cat.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  7. Muddy Cyclist

You do manage to get some fine movement in your birds even though they are sitting on branches or standing in lakes. Nice feather lines and brilliant blossoms.

Family tree, could be a long roll of wallpaper job or a small A4 depends on how many ancestors you found. Great idea of you sons though.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning a 6 for me today. That was unexpected after being very good with Salmon poached in lemon juice and a few low carb stir fry Veg for a meal last night, just goes to show how fickle our internal workings can be just when you think you are doing OK, I suppose it keeps me on my toes.

VW Golf into garage today, lots of clunking, pinging and creaking when turning corners, suspect broken coil but as it's a sports model it's too low for me to get underneath to investigate even though I'm now a skinny fellow. :)

So work in garden today as Mrs MCs got plans, I have no idea what.

Keep safe enjoy the wonders of the harbingers Spring.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. BRSBRI

BRSBRI Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning everyone from a spring like Bath.

My overnight FBG was 6.2 - dinner was poached trout, a whole pot pourri of Mediterranean veg and grilled asparagus. Followed by berries, yoghurt and peanut butter mixed in...

Blood pressure monitor arrived via Amazon as per the wish of my GP...

Car dealer phoned - some unnamed employee has reversed into the Stinger and taken a gouge out the front as it awaited its delivery inspection for next week.

The choice - get it fixed or they've offered me a new one in electric blue delivered at the end of next month with a car temporarily till then on their dime which I thought was very decent.

What would you guys do?

AHH, the joys.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    #40109 BRSBRI, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:04 AM
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  10. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. That includes posters, painters and gamers, but not.......

A 6.2 this morning, nothing to be ashamed of, or proud of.

Who knows where today will take us, a truly magical mystery tour, best let it be and it can become another day.

Stay well, stay safe and whatever.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I agree that he should at least talk to a doctor as this is going on and on. He sounds just as stubborn as Mr K - which makes it almost impossible to get him to do the sensible thing. Good luck.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

6.8 this morning. Was struggling with low 4s and some 3s yesterday afternoon and evening. Was 3.8 at bedtime. During the night felt like I had dropped lower and didn't feel that good. This morning DP kicked in to give me a 6.8. 2 hours after breakfast was 6.0.

Sometimes this T2D is really hard to figure out. At least the headache I woke up with is improving.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. BRSBRI

@slimlizzy if you're connected on NHS e-consult, you could persuade him to digitally hook up to your practice. If you're French residents, have you temporarily registered with a surgery here?

Also NHS 111 - gets a bad rap from some, but my experience has always been good.

It's worth a shot and may help peace of mind for you both.

Sending my best!

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. BRSBRI

T2D I've found with me anyway is an unpredictable beast and can affect many health parameters... it's like being a constant anatomy and physiology alchemist to tune it!

I hope you're feeling better. Arthur sends a big woof and tail wag too.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. BRSBRI

Thanks MrJ. The magical mystery tour as each day dawns for us all I hope is healthy and fun no matter where or what we're all up to:)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist.
    Family tree - only from us to them so just 3 generations - thank goodness - probably A4 - need to practice.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  17. Muddy Cyclist

Which ever option I would take would be the wrong one. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

23 02.2021
    7.35am FBG 5 1
    Lovely sunny morning but a vicious cold wind. Ideal for drying washing. Except when the wind blows the temporary line down. The van is swaying in the wind, reminding me of living on the narrow boat.
    Thank you for all the kind, thoughtful and supportive comments. MrSlim appears much improved this morning. Apparently he " expects his body to heal itself" so no point in phoning doctor....

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thank you @dunelm
    I think he is very good at reflections....

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  20. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Wonderfully springlike and hopeful @dunelm

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook