What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone from a spring like Bath.

My overnight FBG was 6.2 - dinner was poached trout, a whole pot pourri of Mediterranean veg and grilled asparagus. Followed by berries, yoghurt and peanut butter mixed in...

Blood pressure monitor arrived via Amazon as per the wish of my GP...

Car dealer phoned - some unnamed employee has reversed into the Stinger and taken a gouge out the front as it awaited its delivery inspection for next week.

The choice - get it fixed or they've offered me a new one in electric blue delivered at the end of next month with a car temporarily till then on their dime which I thought was very decent.

What would you guys do?

AHH, the joys.

I have an opinion on this @BRSBRI
Why?
Because the same happened to me. Only some idiot had backed into the driver door.

Oh, it will be fine they said. You won't see the repair they said. It will be as good as new. Reluctantly I let them repair it.

It looked okay to start off with, then there were troubles with the driver door...

I hated that d@mn car every day the next 3 years I had it...

I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I would go for the electric blue one...and a temporary car in the meantime.

But the choice is yours...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Which ever option I would take would be the wrong one. :)
Lol! Well, they've found at the distribution centre an exact replacement, so panic over. It's apparently on a low loader heading in this general direction as we speak. Great service and I'm very surprised they admitted it in the first place.

A lunch of artichoke soup and a slab of brie with celery at 1230 has led to a reading of 5.9 2 hours later.

Was showing Mrs BRS the brilliant art work of all the guys on here - she's super impressed too

Seeing the diabetic nurse tomorrow for a quick once over, so trying to be super good tonight ;)

Thought for the day:

386568a6909d679836ca156521987b84.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
I have an opinion on this @BRSBRI
Why?
Because the same happened to me. Only some idiot had backed into the driver door.

Oh, it will be fine they said. You won't see the repair they said. It will be as good as new. Reluctantly I let them repair it.

It looked okay to start off with, then there were troubles with the driver door...

I hated that d@mn car every day the next 3 years I had it...

I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

I would go for the electric blue one...and a temporary car in the meantime.

But the choice is yours...
Thanks! Agreed - and they found an exact replacement in the meantime, so it's worked out well!

Sorry to hear about your own trials - it happened to me years ago too. I was just going to pick up a new Peugeot 406 Coupé not far from Staples Corner in London. When I got there, the sales guy was beside himself. I let them repair it too - and it was a lemon - you name it, it went wrong...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks! Agreed - and they found an exact replacement in the meantime, so it's worked out well!

Sorry to hear about your own trials - it happened to me years ago too. I was just going to pick up a new Peugeot 406 Coupé not far from Staples Corner in London. When I got there, the sales guy was beside himself. I let them repair it too - and it was a lemon - you name it, it went wrong...
I am pleased you are getting another new one. It's working out well...

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 today

a mild day but with a very brisk wind from the sea here so mr gee and I got our walk in early then did some garden tidying.

Tomorrow we go over to collect mum to take her to get her pension so I hope it stays dry ;)
Mum says Katy isn't keen to go out in the garden today when it's really windy, she's fine with the soggy snowy ground but less so with the wind flapping her ears about :hilarious:

Phone call just before 5pm today from our Health Centre, I'm booked in for my jab next Tuesday morning :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@jjraak - great progress all round :joyful:

@gennepher - selfie? very nice ;) Popeye looks properly appreciative :)

@dunelm - A fine kingfisher and your always excellent bamboo, I do appreciate how you've managed that minimal but effective background :joyful:

@BRSBRI - I suspect Katy would find Arthur a bit of a puzzle, kind of familiar but bigger... much bigger! :hilarious: (Katy is mum's little dog ).

View attachment 47565

@Muddy Cyclist - Splendid heathland painting. I especially love the way you have handled the colour through the landscape :joyful: and I look forward to the next A3 tree ;)
I enjoyed your Purcell rendition thank you, there is something very satisfying about his measured cadence :)

art bit - have a windswept tree ;) - based on a photo found online

View attachment 47566
What a cutie the dog that is :)

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's art unfinished, will finish Wednesday.

Back to safe ground, Watercolour...rough sea in a less abstract method....

A4 watercolour.... still lots to do.

IMG_4524.JPG

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
T2D I've found with me anyway is an unpredictable beast and can affect many health parameters... it's like being a constant anatomy and physiology alchemist to tune it!

I hope you're feeling better. Arthur sends a big woof and tail wag too.
!
Do let Arthur know that I am feeling a lot better this evening. Blood sugars have settled down and have been really steady in the low 5s for most of the day.

I won't even try to work out why my BS kept dropping so low yesterday nor why it was impossible to correct.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.1

I started this yesterday.
I felt very 'flat' yesterday. I wasn't ill or coming down with anything, just like a vacuum cleaner had sucked out all my get up and go. And I was cold. I had been out to deal with paperwork and it had taken me longer than I thought, and I was somewhere where I am not usually, and so I took the opportunity to get some adds and ends at different shops. I probably pushed it too much.

I feel I should be able to shrug this off, but I cannot when it happens.

So yesterday afternoon I started this digital painting. I was sitting by the window which had rain running down it. It was stormy outside, and those were the silk flowers on my window ledge. I had no thought as I did this. My head was empty. It was daylight when I started. It was dark when I put it down. I finished it off this morning.

Popeye's contribution was the dark behind the rain. The rain I achieved was by making a new painting brush tool with rain. Then I was trying to work out how to change/do it as a night time scene. And I had a dark colour on the colour circle. Popeye put his paw on the iPad (meaning put iPad down and stroke me, I don't fight him any more for possession of the iPad, I just let what happens happen when he touches the screen), and his paw swiped across the digital painting. In doing so he swiped the colour circle on to the rain, and it worked like the colour fill tool on other apps. So I tried it myself to the other areas of rain, and it made the dark just where I wanted it. I will be trying that again in future and experimenting with it. It definitely has potential. He was also the hot water bottle contribution.

I learnt a lot with this painting. It wasn't meant as a finished work, just as a playing tool to try and put me n a better place. And it does help. This took more than four hours to do...

I am back to 'normal' this morning. It's only 6 am and cat is watered, fed, groomed, has his tablets. And I am the same...except coffee with cream and a cup of tea for me. Washing is on, and as soon as daylight arrives, there is some junk from the garage that needs to go in wheelie for tomorrow's collection. Oh dear, app says rain all day...

I don't think the 'to do' list ever stops. Usually it piles up and up, and I cannot keep up with the things that need doing.

Anyway, seize the day, have fun, do what tickles your fancy today.

Time for my morning nap.

FD70B24C-4FB5-42C3-B6F5-F74437364F73.jpeg

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.1

I started this yesterday.
I felt very 'flat' yesterday. I wasn't ill or coming down with anything, just like a vacuum cleaner had sucked out all my get up and go. And I was cold. I had been out to deal with paperwork and it had taken me longer than I thought, and I was somewhere where I am not usually, and so I took the opportunity to get some adds and ends at different shops. I probably pushed it too much.

I feel I should be able to shrug this off, but I cannot when it happens.

So yesterday afternoon I started this digital painting. I was sitting by the window which had rain running down it. It was stormy outside, and those were the silk flowers on my window ledge. I had no thought as I did this. My head was empty. It was daylight when I started. It was dark when I put it down. I finished it off this morning.

Popeye's contribution was the dark behind the rain. The rain I achieved was by making a new painting brush tool with rain. Then I was trying to work out how to change/do it as a night time scene. And I had a dark colour on the colour circle. Popeye put his paw on the iPad (meaning put iPad down and stroke me, I don't fight him any more for possession of the iPad, I just let what happens happen when he touches the screen), and his paw swiped across the digital painting. In doing so he swiped the colour circle on to the rain, and it worked like the colour fill tool on other apps. So I tried it myself to the other areas of rain, and it made the dark just where I wanted it. I will be trying that again in future and experimenting with it. It definitely has potential. He was also the hot water bottle contribution.

I learnt a lot with this painting. It wasn't meant as a finished work, just as a playing tool to try and put me n a better place. And it does help. This took more than four hours to do...

I am back to 'normal' this morning. It's only 6 am and cat is watered, fed, groomed, has his tablets. And I am the same...except coffee with cream and a cup of tea for me. Washing is on, and as soon as daylight arrives, there is some junk from the garage that needs to go in wheelie for tomorrow's collection. Oh dear, app says rain all day...

I don't think the 'to do' list ever stops. Usually it piles up and up, and I cannot keep up with the things that need doing.

Anyway, seize the day, have fun, do what tickles your fancy today.

Time for my morning nap.

View attachment 47669
Our painting duo wins again. The rain on the glass is very effective, good colour choice also. The strong colours on the plants give lots of depth to the darkness, I do like the way they have taken on that melting effect that rain through glass seems to give objects. Well done.

Hope your day allows you to catch up on some things.

I don't do To do lists as they frustrate me,I have Done Lists. I start with a blank piece of paper and write things I have done on it, I feel like I have achieved something this way.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today. Surprised as I had Leek, Mushroom and Cheese Pie with green Veg and more pastry than I should have last night, goes to show I still don't understand the workings of my body on Type 2 diabetes. :banghead:

Wet here and so no Muddy Cycle rides. Later Moet will be visiting the Vet. He needs a repeat prescription for some medication but they won't issue it until they have done an examination of him, they only saw him last year, still needs must.

Keep safe make time to smell the roses along the way.