What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Your magpies are stunning @dunelm
They are in the sun on my cherry trees at the mo, but no blossoms on mine yet...

I have never ever been abroad! So no!
I think Popeye is fine, he is not worried :)
Thank you @gennepher - it may be, if we are unlucky, that traveling to Scotland may soon be classed as “abroad”.

lindisfel

Expert
We had a Mistle Thrush in the garden all the time in the first half of the winter. Its now out singing, holding wider territory hoping it will be a daddy Mistle Thrush.
When it was here it spent most of the time in a large holly tree keeping other birds off his berries or on the back bedroom downstairs windowsill keeping the blackbirds off the fallen apples. He wasn't successfull, we got up to 20 blackbirds at one point.
Here are a couple of pics.

RSCN3563_compress79.jpg
DSCN3532_compress2.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Once upon a time I'd have lunged at the sandwiches, chocolate pots or a piece of carrot cake dripping in icing.

Now I search the salads on the low shelves ...

My Accu-Chek mobile allows a discrete BG look-see so after the meeting and nothing to eat since breakfast I was at 5.0mmol.

Friday afternoon in Paddington just before 3pm when we departed - quiet...normally packed to the rafters. 4 of us in a carriage - 3 got off at Reading and now me, Johnny no-friends the only one left sitting ...

The new normal isn't that normal really...
prodotti-esposti.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
@Krystyna23040 Now, what was that about naughty dogs?

Been a day - but a quiet London. The City where I was ... you could hear a pin drop just about ..

And actually my first business trip away from home base since I was T2D diagnosed...I found I was looking at everything on offer from Prets, Itsu, Yo! etc with a very different set of eyes...I'll be taking my own in future I think...

And it's still sunny back west!

Happy Friday one and all...
boy.jpg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 Now, what was that about naughty dogs?

Been a day - but a quiet London. The City where I was ... you could hear a pin drop just about ..

And actually my first business trip away from home base since I was T2D diagnosed...I found I was looking at everything on offer from Prets, Itsu, Yo! etc with a very different set of eyes...I'll be taking my own in future I think...

And it's still sunny back west!

Happy Friday one and all...View attachment 47713
London seems to have had an odd effect on your countenance, not being retired is a dog's life.:)

Reactions: BRSBRI

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been a good 10 mile walk today and am now contemplating my next series of watercolour paintings having been inspired on the walk, that's if I can remember what my ideas are by tomorrow.

Added the finishing touches to yesterday's watercolour, Wave breakers and darker sand and started the last one of Sea paintings which I will finish Saturday.

Yesterday's....
IMG_4537.JPG
IMG_4538.JPG

Today's....? Need to darken Sea or rather make it less turquoise and finish sand dunes and grass.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But we are paying the price for others not treating the planets creatures with respect.
I wish I could see complete normality coming back to us in all our futures.

I think you have just expressed the wishes of the planets' creatures ever since humans "took over" (or thought they had).

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
How does this sound for a diabetic friendly Chinese meal?

Crispy aromatic duck, with no pancakes, but lashings of spring onions, cucumber and a half teaspoonful of that sauce, chicken poached in ginger broth with pak choy, chinese broccoli with toasted almonds... She is of course having the max - crabmeat and sweetcorn soup, the whole crispy duck experience, special fried rice, beef in black bean sauce and a sweet treat...Sometimes T2D is quite the mill stone - and I've just started out on the journey!

Glass of wine I think..... :)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Well, I live 'abroad' in Wales....
Imagine the carnage on the Severn Bridge if it all came to pass out west...
Daffodils and cawl soon - with St Davids Day around the corner :)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
London seems to have had an odd effect on your countenance, not being retired is a dog's life.:)
London always has an effect on me (!) - lived in North West London for years - miss 'Appy 'Ampstead sometimes still...
I now find the Big Smoke is best enjoyed from a distance - and it's less than 90 minutes away up those metal tracks...

lindisfel

Expert
Have you tried Gabapentin for the nerve pain?
D.
I was fortunate, when I got shingles my daughter told me what antiviral I should take and what would stop the burning pain in my upper left arm, so I was fully versed with what I needed when I went to the doctor and as a result the shingles stopped going down or up the nerve.

Initially a bag of peas from the freezer stopped the nerve pain for a few minutes, but 100mg of Gabapentin every 8 hours did the trick, but I had to take it for a few weeks.
Must be horrid if its not controlled but you can't leave it to get worse.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.8 today

a bit more normal today (well normal for me that is :D ) and only an itchy, red patch on my arm now.

A lovely mild day here today so we managed to get a bit of garden work done, we've been meaning to give a short length of hedge at mum's a good chop so that it is reachable for regular trimming. We had a look at it today and the -14'C and vicious wind have done it no good at all, it's all wind burnt. We've started to give it a good cut back and we'll have to see if it recovers :sorry:
Katy helped by playing with the offcuts (which she enjoyed), and then needed a good brush afterwards (which she was not as pleased by :hilarious:).

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - lovely painting, I especially like the texture on the tree, very effective :joyful: those lights in the sky remind me of 'Close Encounters' ;)

@dunelm - beautiful and delicate plum blossom and a handsome pair of magpies you've given us. 'Two for joy' :joyful:

@SlimLizzy - at least mr slim is on their radar now, I hope that they can institute good symptom management for him in the meantime :)

@BRSBRI - Is that Alfie? Very dignified ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - Yes that really leads the eye in, it's very effective and dynamic :joyful: and a good strong start to the next painting, I look forward to seeing it evolve , I'm enjoying this series thank you :)

art bit - my study on a work by an artist named Anna Dillon, I like the way she has of using strong colour in a very sculptural way :)
upload_2021-2-26_19-57-33.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.8 today

a bit more normal today (well normal for me that is :D ) and only an itchy, red patch on my arm now.

A lovely mild day here today so we managed to get a bit of garden work done, we've been meaning to give a short length of hedge at mum's a good chop so that it is reachable for regular trimming. We had a look at it today and the -14'C and vicious wind have done it no good at all, it's all wind burnt. We've started to give it a good cut back and we'll have to see if it recovers :sorry:
Katy helped by playing with the offcuts (which she enjoyed), and then needed a good brush afterwards (which she was not as pleased by :hilarious:).

@gennepher - lovely painting, I especially like the texture on the tree, very effective :joyful: those lights in the sky remind me of 'Close Encounters' ;)

@dunelm - beautiful and delicate plum blossom and a handsome pair of magpies you've given us. 'Two for joy' :joyful:

@SlimLizzy - at least mr slim is on their radar now, I hope that they can institute good symptom management for him in the meantime :)

@Muddy Cyclist - Yes that really leads the eye in, it's very effective and dynamic :joyful: and a good strong start to the next painting, I look forward to seeing it evolve , I'm enjoying this series thank you :)

art bit - my study on a work by an artist named Anna Dillon, I like the way she has of using strong colour in a very sculptural way :)
View attachment 47719
Thank you for liking my seascape series. Good to hear you are over the worst of your Vaccine reaction.

I see why you like the sculptured effect of the landscape paintings and enjoyed seeing your rendition of this style. I may consider this for my next painting series of manicured landscapes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.8 today

View attachment 47719

Thank you for my painting compliment @geefull

Glad your arm is recovering.

I like this sculptural painting. You have made it into your style as well.
It flows beautifully...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been a good 10 mile walk today and am now contemplating my next series of watercolour paintings having been inspired on the walk, that's if I can remember what my ideas are by tomorrow.

Added the finishing touches to yesterday's watercolour, Wave breakers and darker sand and started the last one of Sea paintings which I will finish Saturday.

Yesterday's....
View attachment 47714 View attachment 47715
Today's....? Need to darken Sea or rather make it less turquoise and finish sand dunes and grass.

That finishing touch you said you were going to do, the posts, leads the eye into the painting @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to see how you work with the next one.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That cat woke me at 2:30 and wouldn't take no for an answer. So I was cleaning cats dishes and giving him fresh wet food.

So Fbg when I remembered it at 3am was 6.7

I am wide awake by now, so go outside and look at this Snow moon. You don't need a torch outside, everything is brightly lit up. So, I did a digital painting of it, but it was just a painting, it didn't portray anything special about that moon.

So, I decided to write some postcards and letters instead. Finished them, and go to get my car keys, to go and post them...

No car keys. They have disappeared. Searched everywhere. I recall putting them down on the table when I came in a few days ago, because I had something in my other hand, and I needed to deal with that first.

I gave up looking, and got my spare car key and spare door key. Went out, car was frozen up. Got that cleared and started. Looked at the Snow moon again. Posted mail. Looked at moon again. Came home. It is now the golden hour for photography. So I enjoy watching the sky for a bit. I just take photos in my mind for a further date.

Come in, cat is sitting on my bed looking at me, "You went out?"
I search my bed. No car keys.

I am frozen by now, very wide awake, make another coffee and get back to bed to get warm.

I still don't like my moon painting. So I try a few effects with it. And this one I liked. I did try another moon on my painting, I altered it so that it was going supernova, which was my mood by now.

But this more delicate effect won.

9618D896-92C6-482E-92EE-5AC51C06D2CA.jpeg

Now to interrogate that cat...

Last edited: