What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a gorillas in the mist beginning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted breast of lamb coaxed onto a plate with mint sauce and scant veg came in at 5.0 this am

Not a lot in the calendar for today - that’s very unusual. Vaccines booked at one of those vaccine-warehouse places. I have also been called to help out with a mass vaccination at our GP surgery on Saturday so if I get called to have my jab there, then I will cancel the one at vaccine-warehouse.

@Muddy Cyclist - great bit of book binding and interesting that the binder, like a stonemason, has left a mark.
@gennepher - teasing out the teasels in the moonlight - very effective.

A fish for today - yes, I know it’s not Friday and all. Enjoy your day everyone, it’s a late koffy for me.

upload_2021-3-1_9-27-45.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30 FBG 5.8 Too much chocolate :greedy:
There is a potential date for return to France. 17.05 that is few days after my second jab, so good from that point of view. But that's about ten weekday earliest.
MrSlim is Welsh so plans on baking Welsh cakes today. Think we have all or similar of the ingredients.
No washing today, it's dull and misty as well as cold.
I need putting in a bag and shaking as my grandmother would have said.:bag:
Yesterday managed to hit the wrong thing on Wordscapes which has cost me £22.99. Apparently there is a two hour window or refunds but since I didn't know I had done it, that was long gone by the time I found the email confirmation of purchase.
Google refused my refund request.
Have tried three times to contact 02 but can only get through to a robot who tells me how to get help with my bill and then says goodbye and hung up. :arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Woke in the very early dark hours. Went out to look at that snow moon. Took Android and old iPhone out. Took photos. Wasn't impressed. The old iPhone's last update must've done something different to the camera, because instead of just taking a straight photo (so to speak), it now has all the different preset edit settings on the camera screen.

Hang on, just looked at it now, and it is back to normal camera screen...and those preset edit settings are back in edit where they belong. It must have been because I was taking a night time shots which my iPhone isn't geared for, but when there is a super bright moon combined with leaves and branches in my garden, I can take photos which I find interesting. But I couldn't do it in the dark early hours this morning with the old iPhone.

So tried the Android phone which does take night time photography. It didn't do quite what I wanted, and takes good detailed photos of a dark scene which my naked eye can't see, but it wasn't what I wanted from my back garden. I want to create some reference photos for an idea I have.

Went out in the garden for a few minutes with a cuppa just after dawn, it was quite light. And Mrs Blackbird was doing dangerous fly pasts in front of my face. Having a female blackbird doing stunts worthy of the Red Arrows within inches of my face is not my idea of fun. The cheeky so and so is looking at me through my bedroom windows and giving me a good taking to, well at least her beak is opening and shutting. I don't have my cochlear speech processor on yet. So, I have no idea what she is saying. But the gist of her body language is saying 'You're back in that cage where you belong'.

Great! I am not only under house arrest lockdown by the government (like the rest of us in Wales), I am also under blackbird house arrest lockdown until she has finished building her nest (and brought up her future babies) which by the way started exactly at 9 am yesterday morning.

I was in the garden yesterday, sitting on my chair enjoying the sun, when Mrs Blackbird spied me. She was not pleased, and wouldn't resume her nest building while I could see where she was going into the clematis. And her Mr Blackbird was doing those flying through the trees distraction techniques they use to keep predators away from their babies when they are learning to fly. But this pair have only got as far as beginning to build a nest!!!

Many years ago I actually cat proofed that clematis, against my cats when Lynx was about to get the baby blackbirds at that time. I managed to shut Lynx in the bathroom while I covered the clematis with plastic covered wire netting that allowed mum and dad blackbirds to enter and leave to take care of their babies. (Or Lynx would have got them). Mum and dad blackbird, at that time watched me from the roof, and I was hoping by me removing my cat from harming their babies and me messing for an hour with this netting, that they would understand I was only trying to help. I wasn't sure I succeeded, but that next morning mum and dad blackbird were back with loads of worms feeding their babies and all was well again. And mum and dad blackbird at that time regarded me as a friend.

So, somehow I am going to have a discussion with the current Mrs Blackbird....it is a nice day and I will be out there...

Today's painting in Procreate was the old seedheads of the Teasel in my back garden, against the full blazing sun I was viewing out my front window yesterday afternoon, against the blue cloudless sky. It just didn't work...

So, I had a look at my photos of the moon against the dark night sky and changed it to Teasels in Moonlight!!!

Now, I need to have a discussion with Mrs Blackbird. She is dive bombing all the tiny birds in my garden. She sent Jenny Wren packing just now, and was trying to separate the two robins, but they just scatter and come back immediately. Mrs Blackbird is wasting her precious energies...there is enough room and food for at least 3 pairs of birds and their nests in my back garden. Mrs Blackbird has also commandeered the front garden for her exclusive use. She was there at dusk last night and looking at me through the window, giving me another talking to. She went on and on. She thinks she knows where I belong, in my zoo cage.

View attachment 47752

Jail break time...

That pic is gorgeous!

Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, been a little busy this morning. A least it wasn’t a big busy, that would be a problem.

A manageable 6.1 this morning, insulin dosage calculated, now all me and me's have to do is not overdo the exercise this morning when doing stuff, like chemically unblocking drains and making planters.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers my day is planned is yours? Does it really matter if your day is not planned?

Now I must get doing stuff, have a great day, ignore nagging blackbirds and bark at the postman, you know it makes sense. Happy whatever day it is and yes I missed the rugby, the score suggests an entertaining game.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Well. An hour early I'm now officially a boy racer with the low loader just arriving.

I was hoping this'd be delivered instead.
Tasteful and understated.

The-Poser-Mobile-e1410824402802.jpg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
There is a potential date for return to France. 17.05 that is few days after my second jab, so good from that point of view. But that's about ten weekday earliest.
MrSlim is Welsh so plans on baking Welsh cakes today. Think we have all or similar of the ingredients.
Yesterday managed to hit the wrong thing on Wordscapes which has cost me £22.99. Apparently there is a two hour window or refunds but since I didn't know I had done it, that was long gone by the time I found the email confirmation of purchase.
Have tried three times to contact 02 but can only get through to a robot who tells me how to get help with my bill and then says goodbye and hung up. :arghh:
Yay! bienvenue en france!

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy St David's day. Swipey's initial effort was 4.9 - hardly one for the fridge door. Far from an harmonious entity, the devolved parts of my body are causing some friction. Sleep seems to be led by a feisty gel called Nicola and is having "a good war". Weight is living behind the red wall so struggling to compensate for its purblind get LC done fetish. Far too close to a BMI of 23 - SAGE are on alert. I'd rather look "gaunt and ill" at 73 kgs than fine at almost 76.* Border and transit issues are upsetting Arlene - she who could start a fight in a phone box. Gareth Bale scored twice yesterday and Wales won on Saturday - couldn't work Wales in otherwise - Mark D is almost an invisible man. Rozzington Bear it is then @RFSMarch. Toodle pip
*Unless the 73 kgs was down to bladder cancer and 76 is normal. I'd settle for the return of the usul 74.5 (BMI 22.4)

St Davids day reminds of that very small Cathedral in St. Davids and the local coloured stone from the seam in the nearby part of St Brides bay with purple stone.
I can see Ramsay in my view and a very distant view of Grassholm with a load of it white from its massive Gannet colony painting it with bird lime.
In spring the cliffs are covered in pinks and white campion, I expected the outer Hebrides to match Pembrokeshire, but I was disappointed.
It was great walking the cliff paths on the Pembrokeshire path when the family were young, seeing Choughs and Peregrines and seabirds aplenty over the water.
D.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning I haven't been here for such a long time...lots of issues to deal with that seemed never ending...first my niece got covid & ended up in hospital she has been home for a few weeks & is slowly recovering...second poor Charlie got so terribly ill & there were two questions 1)can he recover 2) kinder to put him to sleep... this went on for a month & he was an inpatient at our vets for just over three weeks...finally after horrendous surgery & many other invasive treatments he is home we got him back a little over five days ago he can now go out & is enjoying his freedom again...we still need to keep an eye on him but so far he is doing well...the vets bills have gone up to another level insurance did cover some of it but there was still a sizable sum to cover...so no luxuries or treats the rest of this year but we'd rather have him...FBG hasn't been the first thing on my mind understandably normal service will resume when I feel ready...

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning I haven't been here for such a long time...lots of issues to deal with that seemed never ending...first my niece got covid & ended up in hospital she has been home for a few weeks & is slowly recovering...second poor Charlie got so terribly ill & there were two questions 1)can he recover 2) kinder to put him to sleep... this went on for a month & he was an inpatient at our vets for just over three weeks...finally after horrendous surgery & many other invasive treatments he is home we got him back a little over five days ago he can now go out & is enjoying his freedom again...we still need to keep an eye on him but so far he is doing well...the vets bills have gone up to another level insurance did cover some of it but there was still a sizable sum to cover...so no luxuries or treats the rest of this year but we'd rather have him...FBG hasn't been the first thing on my mind understandably normal service will resume when I feel ready...
Hi @HarryBeau
Hugs for all the recent trauma.
I hope you manage to get some relaxing chill out time.
Take care
From me and >^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a gorillas in the mist beginning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of roasted breast of lamb coaxed onto a plate with mint sauce and scant veg came in at 5.0 this am

Not a lot in the calendar for today - that’s very unusual. Vaccines booked at one of those vaccine-warehouse places. I have also been called to help out with a mass vaccination at our GP surgery on Saturday so if I get called to have my jab there, then I will cancel the one at vaccine-warehouse.

@Muddy Cyclist - great bit of book binding and interesting that the binder, like a stonemason, has left a mark.
@gennepher - teasing out the teasels in the moonlight - very effective.

A fish for today - yes, I know it’s not Friday and all. Enjoy your day everyone, it’s a late koffy for me.

View attachment 47758
Thanks for the compliment @dunelm
:)
Nice fish! Very effective.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear @SlimLizzy
For the Wordscapes unexpected bill.
And technology....

It is good you have a potential date for return to France. I hope that all goes the way you want it to happen.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

So pleased that Charlie is recovering and enjoying his freedom again and that your niece is slowly recovering from Covid-19.
Hope you also begin to recover after all that stress.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope you also begin to recover after all that stress.
i
Thanks Krystyna it got worse when the insurance company tired to avoid paying claiming it was a behavioural problem...they soon backed down I had read the insurance schedule was familar with all the terms of the contract they did retract that & pay up to his limit eventually.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Krystyna it got worse when the insurance company tired to avoid paying claiming it was a behavioural problem...they soon backed down I had read the insurance schedule was familar with all the terms of the contract they did retract that & pay up to his limit eventually.
That was really bad of the insurance company. Thank goodness you were really 'on the ball ' and didn't let them get away with it.

Reactions: HarryBeau