What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It was said on world service that the reaction is due to the immune system over reacting.
Perhaps happens more in younger peoole.
D.

Does make me come down to two choices.

Either the young UN's with a fresher engine and less fubared internally, rev up faster and higher, more readily
OR
The older ones have harder shells having been battered by a (longer) lifetime of viruses & bugs.

Kind of like one of those hare & tortoise style Disney movies.

The road runner fast young uns spinning up the immune response to avoid the incoming flak
V
While the slow lumbering tortoise, in it's more hardened casing letting the flak bounce off its shell.

Yay, for tortoises .:D

Reactions: BRSBRI

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Had a really good day yesterday. Did the sort of admin I love doing (writing exercise sheets and lesson plans for 1:1 clients). Everything just flowed and I got loads done. Classes went well also.

Today I will make sure I do take a break to catch up with the daily paper and Suduko.

Really cold this morning on the dog walk. It will be lovely when the warmer weather eventually arrives.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
So, here we go again. MrsBRS has suggested - another Fiat 595 Abarth, a Mini Cooper S, a Hyundai i30N or an Audi A1.

She was told the Abarth is one of the most stealable cars in the UK which is interesting as I think it looks like a pram.

Told her, I'll be back in 12-15 days and could it wait? Apparently no...Sigh.

Anyone out there got a view? I had enough with Sid the Stinger...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. High again but this time I know why, self inflicted as I ignored the advice of Mrs MC and had too much Carrot and Parsnip Mash with some locally made Pork sausages that did have 3 grams of Carbs per sausage. Felt I deserved the risk after all the fence painting, regret it this morning, such is life. :)

Misty start here but promises to remain dry so with a bit of luck and a fair wind I shall finish the fences and put a second coat of paint on the shed.and bin store. Might even paint the wood store as I seem to have a can of paint left over.

Keep safe and seek something memorial from the day.
Actually not bad fbs after such a tasty meal.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10cc - what you do for love? ;) I love lasagna...it unfortunately doesn't love me...Sigh. I'd starve in Italia...
Can I join in please? I don't like cricket - I love it ! Celagne (strips of celeriac) is one of maybe 3 "swaps" that work for me. The Italian element - Sicilian so best not to upset - of our son's family don't eat pasta or pizza much.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very quiet, anticipatory morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of sausages with mushrooms and eggs came in at 4.9 this am

Another sunny, breezy day yesterday on the coast. Great for walking and for blowing out the cobwebs. Watched Bill Bailey’s new Limboland on the beeb last night - chuckled all the way through. The girl in the bubble has arrived already so I expect we will be off round the park to feed the ducks in a while (other birds get involved also - as do squirrels). Govt briefing last night was interesting, Mzzzzzz von de Looney got a mention (no rosette). I wonder what medical decisions will pop up today (veiled speech for shenanegans). Anyhow, life is a roller coaster - death though, is a cold Lasagne suspended in deep freeze - I heard it on the radio in 1975.

Art today - still fiddling about with mountains. Hope everyone has a great day - we are having Finnish pea day here with Sisu (ultimate determination, fortitude and persistence - carried to an unfathomable level). First though, koffy.

View attachment 48172
That's about my limit on Mountain Walking these days, can get up em but struggle getting down again. I Look with longing at the rock views from the safety of the approach hills and their wild flower meadows. Good perspective, well fiddled with mountains.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
A conversation just now with the Epidemic Control Centre - "Yes Mister. You negative before travel 3 days and travel day too and 7 days here. You have also been 1 vaccine touched. You release Monday 1 minute midnight past provide you keep show negativity please at that point but please to call in 2 times day and we track movement please".

FREE! Actually, it's been not that bad AT all.

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Does make me come down to two choices.

Either the young UN's with a fresher engine and less fubared internally, rev up faster and higher, more readily
OR
The older ones have harder shells having been battered by a (longer) lifetime of viruses & bugs.

Kind of like one of those hare & tortoise style Disney movies.

The road runner fast young uns spinning up the immune response to avoid the incoming flak
V
While the slow lumbering tortoise, in it's more hardened casing letting the flak bounce off its shell.

Yay, for tortoises .:D

There we go...a perfect combo....
62d9a4587581cccf9885f8081a363eb5.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A conversation just now with the Epidemic Control Centre - "Yes Mister. You negative before travel 3 days and travel day too and 7 days here. You have also been 1 vaccine touched. You release Monday 1 minute midnight past provide you keep show negativity please at that point but please to call in 2 times day and we track movement please".

FREE! Actually, it's been not that bad AT all.
So Bojo texted you. How thoughtful, which is not a trait with which one associates him. Must re-evaluate my opinion.:angelic:

Reactions: BRSBRI

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
So Bojo texted you. How thoughtful, which is not a trait with which one associates him. Must re-evaluate my opinion.:angelic:
Don't worry, I agree ;) So does Der Spiegel!

der-spiegel-2-310x415.jpg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all got up late this morning 8:35am here and already my day is in tatters, never mind, waking up every day is good result.

A 5.5 this morning on the meter of mystery and misbehaving.

Now me and me's must depart and get into yet more trouble elsewhere.

10cc, only one night in Paris and as for car recommendations, sorry I can't help, but if it were motorcycles.....

Remember the stay's, stay well, stay safe and stay away from the evil twisting media.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry, I agree ;) So does Der Spiegel!

View attachment 48175
Which prescient soul publicly observed one can't polish a whatsit?. A desperate, costly Canute like effort is underway. Same result but interesting to watch if well insulated from the fallout. Hilarious to read the intellectual knots in which the commentators above and BTL in The Telegraph need to tie themselves. Not only is black white, there is no white and has never been any white. My grandchildren also enjoy The Emperor's new clothes. Blue on Blue is fun.

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I am going to miss the commute from sofa to desk. The traffic has always been appalling

But all mine till Monday, before I mask up and head out to do what I'm here for And still Covid tests each and every day till I depart...

commute.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all got up late this morning 8:35am here and already my day is in tatters, never mind, waking up every day is good result.

A 5.5 this morning on the meter of mystery and misbehaving.

Now me and me's must depart and get into yet more trouble elsewhere.

10cc, only one night in Paris and as for car recommendations, sorry I can't help, but if it were motorcycles.....

Remember the stay's, stay well, stay safe and stay away from the evil twisting media.

One night in Paris...not one I knew. Cheers.

Did bring back a time we got stranded in Paris coming back from India ( long story )

Made most if it, Best mistake ever .
Made a nice rromantic break for me n lauren..loved Paris

Cheers for brightening an already ok day :D

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Dinner this evening is a spicy salad (chillis and the like), a roasted whole seabass and Chinese greens, other veggies (hold the rice puhlease chaps). I feel like splurging, dancing with yon carb devil and enjoy an ice cold Long Chuan beer whilst sitting outside for a teeny wee moment...it's humid, getting foggy...

And time before dinner is left outside for conference calls to all points west ...

Catch you later chums! Have a fabidozzi day...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Which prescient soul publicly observed one can't polish a @@@@? A desperate, costly Canute like effort is underway. Same result but interesting to watch if well insulated from the fallout. Hilarious to read the intellectual knots in which the commentators above and BTL in The Telegraph need to tie themselves. Not only is black white, there is no white and has never been any white. My grandchildren also enjoy The Emperor's new clothes. Blue on Blue is fun.

See Comical Dummings is already taking aim at everyone & anyone
Blame portioning going on at a furious pace

Buses ready,
Just lining up
HCP
SAGE
GBP*

All ready to throw under it,
as they hope to walk away Scot free :banghead:

*Great British public
No sacrifice too great,
If it's serves our beloved leader

It seems :rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
See Comical Dummings is already taking aim at everyone & anyone
Blame portioning going on at a furious pace

Buses ready,
Just lining up
HCP
SAGE
GBP*

All ready to throw under it,
as they hope to walk away Scot free :banghead:

*Great British public
No sacrifice too great,
If it's serves our beloved leader

It seems :rolleyes:
Like Shameless but with a cast of Posh Boys who never made the 1st XI or XV- and it is boys. Avoidable death and destruction make it a show I'd rather avoid but there was only the Corbyn show on the other channel.:bigtears: Poor scheduling all round.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and BRSBRI

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So, here we go again. MrsBRS has suggested - another Fiat 595 Abarth, a Mini Cooper S, a Hyundai i30N or an Audi A1.

She was told the Abarth is one of the most stealable cars in the UK which is interesting as I think it looks like a pram.

Told her, I'll be back in 12-15 days and could it wait? Apparently no...Sigh.

Anyone out there got a view? I had enough with Sid the Stinger...

My two penny worth @BRSBRI
When I lived in Liverpool, in the 1990's, I had a friend whose stepson wasn't exactly an angel...
I went to hers with car brochures. I needed a new car. My favourite one was on the top.
You won't have that one two minutes, stepson said, it will be stolen before you get home...
Not much help am I?