What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, may all who are struggling this morning find their troubles ease.

A 6.5 this morning on the meter of misbehaving and naughtiness.

Here in Tilehurst Towers the morning was a mystery and this afternoon planned down to minute, but being a mere males and not party to the masignations of Mrs J's mind all is reversed, never mind perhaps me and me's will be able to lick our wounds in my shed / workshop while working on one of my many projects, this particular one is a step into the unknown for me involving carving a large rose bush root, pictures may or may not follow.

Stay well, stay safe and as usual avoid the media.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the positive comment @dunelm, and yes, am trying to get something for the skylight during the extra, unplanned venture to the shops. Returning some rotten veg purchased yesterday.
Blackout paint, that is an idea for the rear window/headboard. We plan to block it up anyway as it is completely impractical.
Perhaps stick some velcro round the frame if it will look tidy and then stick a piece of blackout material on when you need to.

Reactions: BRSBRI

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh, one last thing; I've got Friday and Saturday off this week, so I've planned a Taiwan tour now that I'm no longer persona non Grata - happy to take you all with me and share photos - but if that's boredom personified let me know and I'll desist...

Night everyone! Have a splendiferous rest of Monday...
Oh great just what we need :rolleyes:

;)

DUDE...it's your sworn thread duty, when anywhere that's not home

And I quote.
TO: inform, educate & generally entertain us
:D

Go wear that camera button OUT. :happy:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.00am FBG 5,2
Errant is waking up at about 6.30am, most mornings now and insisting it's breakfast time.
This is ok by me, but MrSlim needs more sleep and is not happy. Errant in full flow is loud and persistent, it does not help the FBG if I try to ignore him, which is almost impossible as he is only about 2 metres away.
For some reason the skylight above the bed has no blind, that end of the motorhome is now almost full daylight, while the drivers cab and dining area are still dimly lit.
For some reason we have no internet this morning. That won't please MrSlim either.
I had better make him a second cup of tea.
Time for the marathon task that is a morning shower.

Win for the FBG.
Hugs for the morning chores

A vivid mental pic of the moment

Possible stuff largish pillow into skylight ?
Nice n temporary.

Though my first thought was the velcro route

Hope the day goes well.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bag of mixed messages here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bangers and a colcannon of cauliflower mash and cauliflower greens came in at 4.9 this am

OK - who mentioned slow running? So, started slow jogging and yesterday (called niko niko) - did an online course from some nice folk in Japan and they even gave me a certificate of completion for my CPD - that will be handy for when I go for that interview!

Soy milk batch number one on the go - I want to try it as a resist on rice paper but could end up drinking some of it and see what expression my face makes - you never know until you try.
So, art, I found this bit of rice paper with gold flecks in (about 6 x 3 inches) - some blossom seen in the park. Hope that everyone has as good a day as you can make it. Koffy time.

View attachment 48285

Well much as I appreciate all the art..
( wonderful skills/ talent all, bravo)

I am at a loss just when it went from
Thread "Artists' to 'Artists & Alchemists'

The mixing of paints I understood, but now the potions you need for resist this or that...

Awesome the things you all do to turn paper, water, oil into visual GOLD....:happy:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bag of mixed messages here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bangers and a colcannon of cauliflower mash and cauliflower greens came in at 4.9 this am

OK - who mentioned slow running? So, started slow jogging and yesterday (called niko niko) - did an online course from some nice folk in Japan and they even gave me a certificate of completion for my CPD - that will be handy for when I go for that interview!

Soy milk batch number one on the go - I want to try it as a resist on rice paper but could end up drinking some of it and see what expression my face makes - you never know until you try.
So, art, I found this bit of rice paper with gold flecks in (about 6 x 3 inches) - some blossom seen in the park. Hope that everyone has as good a day as you can make it. Koffy time.

View attachment 48285
It was I who mentioned the slow jogging of the Japanese kind lol

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Evening one and all.

Heading back to my hotel with dinner procured by Hamish (real name Wan) the driver at the spot pictured below. Wan is also T2 diabetic so understands - everything in my takeaway is what he eats, so no deep fried haggis in black bean sauce then! :)

Business going very well; my isolation in prepping and lining up all the moving parts helped...

Even longer day tomorrow and hoping to solve the last night contractual schtuff and shake over dinner...

Will check what I've missed here in a mo!

tte.jpg

Reactions: karen8967

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Oh great just what we need :rolleyes:

;)

DUDE...it's your sworn thread duty, when anywhere that's not home

And I quote.
TO: inform, educate & generally entertain us
:D

Go wear that camera button OUT. :happy:
Nae problem big man as Hamish - Wan - my Taiwanese driver says in a perfect Glasgow accent....

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Thank you had better last night a whole 7 hours though it does appear to have improved my bg much that came in at 9 this morning :rolleyes: still sleep makes you feel better :)
Sleep always helps ..and glad you're a wee bit brighter...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
I find that also. It is so annoying.
:( even later tonight but it's chicken poached in broth with lots of Chinese greens...looks good and smells yummy...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good morning everyone from a clear, still but chilly Breckland with one extra 91 yo inhabitant. I'm not satisfied with the 5.3 for an fbg but I'm pretty sure it can't be carbs so, despite 2 types of antihistamine, I'm blaming hay fever. Hug for the FM @gennepher but winner for attitude and art. Amazing stamina @BRSBRI and yes, Hamish would crosswaffle one. We once had a taxi driver in Cyprus who knew Cambridge very well. Everyone else have a great day I need to restrict my time here as much as possible for a while.
Turns out Wan , or Hamish as he likes to be known, knows Paphos. This boy is a well travelled Toyota driver...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

View attachment 48285
I like this a lot. Oriental and would not be out of place in a Kyoto tearoom...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
7.00am FBG 5,2
Errant is waking up at about 6.30am, most mornings now and insisting it's breakfast time.
This is ok by me, but MrSlim needs more sleep and is not happy. Errant in full flow is loud and persistent, it does not help the FBG if I try to ignore him, which is almost impossible as he is only about 2 metres away.
For some reason the skylight above the bed has no blind, that end of the motorhome is now almost full daylight, while the drivers cab and dining area are still dimly lit.
For some reason we have no internet this morning. That won't please MrSlim either.
I had better make him a second cup of tea.
Time for the marathon task that is a morning shower.
Hope you're having a relaxing day and connectivity is restored...

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Freedom! And a driver from the cast of Braveheart - cool.
He played the Proclaimers for me today and it's dubbed in Mandarin! He loved it, I was confused ;)

Reactions: gennepher

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Busy day, just got in from garden, lots done, good feeling. Now need to cook dinner Cod Loin and a robust salad.

Great 3 hour bike ride heathland still not showing any real signs of Spring.

So no painting so I offer you this very quick playing about with Mrs MCs watercolour dye paints. Will finish my Spring pic Tuesday.

View attachment 48282

And because I have not been artistically creative today here is the Bach trio our Recorder Quartet have virtually recorded. mrs MC on Soprano Recorder, me on Bass, the other two members on Treble and Tenor and the guy playing Treble is also on keyboard. Three pieces one after another, please don't Feel you need to listen, not everyone's taste.....I hope you enjoy.

Bach Trio for 4 Recorders.

I will catch up on posts later with a nice glass of red wine or two.
I'm a big baroque fan - especially the Brandenburg featuring those much maligned instruments...your link is sublime...

Reactions: dunelm

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Fbg 6.7

My fibromyalgia has gone into flare up sensitivity mode. I cannot stand anything touching me, even the cat stayed out of my way all night and slept in the front room.
I have things to do, so I need to attend to these first. All I want to do is hibernate and sleep. Will play catch up later today.

My digital painting in Procreate.
What is it? Who knows...
It started as one thing, a beautiful silhouette tree lined sunrise, but it morphed into this as I painted with my fingers...

View attachment 48284
Oh no. Very sorry to hear this. Wan aka Hamish my driver out here will ask his wife about a traditional therapy she uses for her FM and I can pass it on, if that is of any help or interest?

I pass on too the lightest touch hug possible and hope you get some rest today as well.

Fab digi-drawings as always

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well much as I appreciate all the art..
( wonderful skills/ talent all, bravo)

I am at a loss just when it went from
Thread "Artists' to 'Artists & Alchemists'

The mixing of paints I understood, but now the potions you need for resist this or that...

Awesome the things you all do to turn paper, water, oil into visual GOLD....:happy:
That’s really funny - I must get some eye of newt and give that a go