Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone

Weekend wishes for all
The tarragon and mustard haddock yesterday was great. I didn't have hot cross buns but fancy making some today but no recipe, anyone?
Tried changing to Fiasp but no better than Novoslug so changing back because of the half units.
Hope you all have your thermals on for the lovely Easter weather
I use Fiasp, with half units, in a Novopen Echo. Admittedly, the wait for the drop before I eat isn’t always 10 - 15 minutes, but so many different things affect needs and uptakes that I’m not surprised it varies. I prefer it to Novoslow though.

Happy Easter Cumbs, good to ‘see’ you.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy Easter everyone. Was a beautiful day here yesterday, still nice today, but cooler. Hope we don't get the forecasted snow Monday as it will destroy so many lovely plants/buds in all our gardens. Have a good day whatever you're doing.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Have A Blessed and Happy Easter!

unique-happy-easter-clipart-6.png

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
We had two beautiful days that were great days and went snorkeling. The water was warm and the sun was mostly out. Now it looks like another 10 days of cloudy skies and some rain. Sun! I want sun!!!

Reactions: oldgreymare

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, been trying to catch up with myself with stuff in the garden while the weather allowed, and had an outing on Saturday to a farm shop and a nursery. Life felt almost normal again! Had a lot of sun here but some spiteful winds to go with it on occasion, and today's a bit unpredictable altogether - just had a shower of something, sleet or rain, I didn't see it, only the wet conservatory roof.

@SueJB I agree with @Fairygodmother. I've just been trialling Fiasp in pre-filled pens and for me it works faster than Humalog. Had a phone call this morning from my brilliant nurse at the surgery as I'd sent in a prescription asking for a permanent change to vials and half-unit pens as I knew they were available - someone on here told me, might have been Karen. My nurse was sorting it out because my GP couldn't find them, not realising you have to look by insulin manufacturer rather than insulin.

And speaking of @karen8967, i really appreciate a lot of the images you put on here, and today's is a real cracker! Don't we all know that feeling, it's brilliant :hilarious: Might have to print that and put it somewhere to cheer me up on days when I feel that way...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, been trying to catch up with myself with stuff in the garden while the weather allowed, and had an outing on Saturday to a farm shop and a nursery. Life felt almost normal again! Had a lot of sun here but some spiteful winds to go with it on occasion, and today's a bit unpredictable altogether - just had a shower of something, sleet or rain, I didn't see it, only the wet conservatory roof.

@SueJB I agree with @Fairygodmother. I've just been trialling Fiasp in pre-filled pens and for me it works faster than Humalog. Had a phone call this morning from my brilliant nurse at the surgery as I'd sent in a prescription asking for a permanent change to vials and half-unit pens as I knew they were available - someone on here told me, might have been Karen. My nurse was sorting it out because my GP couldn't find them, not realising you have to look by insulin manufacturer rather than insulin.

And speaking of @karen8967, i really appreciate a lot of the images you put on here, and today's is a real cracker! Don't we all know that feeling, it's brilliant :hilarious: Might have to print that and put it somewhere to cheer me up on days when I feel that way...
I am glad it cheered you up hh1,i use fiasp vials in half unit pens its the novopen echo i have blue for bolus and red for basal i like that you can also check when and how much your last dose was ,i changed from apidra to fiasp and to tresiba from lantus best move ive made dont get me wrong not perfect but better control than i had my 90 day average in range is 90%so not too bad

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So,

The Libre saga continues..
Some of you remember my last appointment with my endo a a number of weeks back & he granted me Libre on prescription.
A couple of weeks later I had a medication review with my GP. I had brought this up. The endo stated I was not eligible,though I enquired about them. I had suggested to the GP we wouldn't be having this conversation if the endo had turned me down. (Again.)

Now I've just had a letter from the endo CC'ing me into correspondence with my GP, dated the 15th of March 2021...
The conversation I had with the GP in the recent med review didn't sound like the latest consultation I had with the endo.

The letter I received is closer to that meeting & clearly states I qualify, it also asks the GP if he "would be good enough to swap me over to an NHS prescription.."

I think my GP was reading a letter from the endo dated around the same time from 2020 last year..
He clearly hadn't got the latest news...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think my GP was reading a letter from the endo dated around the same time from 2020 last year..
:banghead:
Would be nice of your GP to hand you the money for the missing weeks because he failed to read the right email...

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So,

The Libre saga continues..
Some of you remember my last appointment with my endo a a number of weeks back & he granted me Libre on prescription.
A couple of weeks later I had a medication review with my GP. I had brought this up. The endo stated I was not eligible,though I enquired about them. I had suggested to the GP we wouldn't be having this conversation if the endo had turned me down. (Again.)

Now I've just had a letter from the endo CC'ing me into correspondence with my GP, dated the 15th of March 2021...
The conversation I had with the GP in the recent med review didn't sound like the latest consultation I had with the endo.

The letter I received is closer to that meeting & clearly states I qualify, it also asks the GP if he "would be good enough to swap me over to an NHS prescription.."

I'll be very interested to hear your GP's reaction to this latest letter Jaylee. Looking forward to hearing you've got your Libre on prescription.

I forgot to say in my earlier post that my brilliant nurse told me she could change my prescription to Libre 2 - so that should be what I get this time! If so, I'll let you know how it goes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:banghead:
Would be nice of your GP to hand you the money for the missing weeks because he failed to read the right email...

Yeah, without going into detail. I don't see it "that way?"

The endo states in the closing paragraph "he's proving the benefits of the freestyle Libre several times over."
So it looks like the guy come good. Though we still dissagree on certain eliments of "my" condition..

There has been a miscommunication the date stamp on the letter seem later than the review I had with the GP, so the GP was referencing the endo from 12/13 months back.. (Which makes sense why none of it stacked up?)

Lol, I'm still awaiting news of my second COVID jab.. Actually, I sidestepped the surgery. Put my NHS number into a program at Bath racecourse. Online, & got a date in May..

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My local swimming pool has reopened! It's a heated pool, so what do I care about the ridiculous weather? During my 45 minutes time slot I've had blue skies, snow and two hailstorms, and Libre decided I was out of my mind :hilarious:
It was great fun, and the gletscher on the slide looked wonderful, too bad we weren't allowed to use it. You couldn't see the layer of snow moving, but every time I swam past it had moved a little :)

169531943_10223243252183945_1043922083632386630_n.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There has been a miscommunication the date stamp on the letter seem later than the review I had with the GP
In that case, yeah, stupid run of circumstances I'd say. Let's hope your GP will pick up on it quickly!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My local swimming pool has reopened! It's a heated pool, so what do I care about the ridiculous weather? During my 45 minutes time slot I've had blue skies, snow and two hailstorms, and Libre decided I was out of my mind :hilarious:
It was great fun, and the gletscher on the slide looked wonderful, too bad we weren't allowed to use it. You couldn't see the layer of snow moving, but every time I swam past it had moved a little :)

169531943_10223243252183945_1043922083632386630_n.jpg

Oddly, I've experienced the same sort of weird weather here..?

I've been working outside landscaping.. Long story the owner has had his cataracts done & hired me in as he cant do anything heavy for a while..?

Lovely sonshine, biting wind whipping up, a little snow.. Wind drops, more sun. Rinse repeat..

Lol, I got his truck with a couple of tones of sand parked outside.

Good to go in the morning..

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We also had the same sort of weather too. Brilliant sunshine with heavy snow falling, then changed tack to heavy skies and hailstones. Biting cold wind too. Glad you're finally getting Libre on prescription Jaylee. :)

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can understand that, but do hope it's sorted out quickly.
Ridiculous the amount of time we have to spend sorting diabetes related things out at times, that really should only take 5 minutes at the most, if things only went smoothly.
We can dream.