What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.2

We have sun here today.
Long may it continue....
I was messing with some old acrylic paints I unearthed yesterday. Not painting. Just trying them out. They were a bit thick, a bit bitty etc, but okay for freedom of expression.
BUT...
This is not what I "painted" yesterday, it was the bit at the side of the paper, on wallpaper lining paper protecting my table. Someone was clearing out their house a couple of years ago and said "do you want some paper to paint on?". I always say yes seeing as my garage is the Tardis...(it is getting a very full Tardis). But I didn't expect to be handed a dozen rolls of old wallpaper lining paper. I think I have enough for a lifetime now.
I think my garage is going to need a check this year on how many things I have said "yes" to. Although with Covid and lockdown that kind of supply has dwindled to nil...

So this is the overpaint on to the wallpaper lining...and I gave it a little black frame to make it feel important and proud of itself....

A35144F2-D210-4612-93CA-4F02E1D2A12E.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @dunelm
Yes, some personal news, sadness, my thoughts and feelings as I painted it, bound in with other stuff that came to mind.

I had no idea I could portray that kind of stuff in a digital painting. I have been an adequate painter most of my life, when I was asked to paint a building, a dog, a cat, a ferry boat, a tall ship.

But now something personal is creeping in.
I hope that today is a good one for you

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.2

We have sun here today.
Long may it continue....
I was messing with some old acrylic paints I unearthed yesterday. Not painting. Just trying them out. They were a bit thick, a bit bitty etc, but okay for freedom of expression.
BUT...
This is not what I "painted" yesterday, it was the bit at the side of the paper, on wallpaper lining paper protecting my table. Someone was clearing out their house a couple of years ago and said "do you want some paper to paint on?". I always say yes seeing as my garage is the Tardis...(it is getting a very full Tardis). But I didn't expect to be handed a dozen rolls of old wallpaper lining paper. I think I have enough for a lifetime now.
I think my garage is going to need a check this year on how many things I have said "yes" to. Although with Covid and lockdown that kind of supply has dwindled to nil...

So this is the overpaint...and I gave it a little black frame to make it feel important and proud of itself....

View attachment 48825
Lovely piece of abstract art and lucky you having cornered the market with liner paper, I am down to my last two :)

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 4.6 on Swipey - not wholly suboptimal but a known unknown re accuracy and whether that would be good or bad if accurate. Baffled by what help or harm striving to lower bg does overall. No snow here, clear and bright but cold. Winter has long overstayed any welcome I may have had. Congratulations on the hairdo and new glasses @Mrs T 123. Enjoy your day as far as humanly possible,

Reactions: karen8967

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who venture into the great outdoors today.
A belated happy birthday to @jjraak . I played happy birthday when practicing plinky plonky this morning, be grateful you didn't hear it, not hearing it can be your present.

A young wet behind the ears 6.2 this morning on that meter of deception.

I notice that voting for the moderators is now open, me and me's tend to think of moderators as a bunch of wrist slappers for naughty posters......like me and me's, but being a moderator is a thankless task, they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Well I am hoping to get out on my motorbike this morning for a shakedown ride, it will be cold, but hopefully fun. One of tricks is remember that every other road user is out to kill you.

Now I must depart and make Mrs J's tea, nod my head, make appropriate noises when she talks at me while all of my alternative minds are occupied on important projects to me and me's.
Have a great day remembering all the stay's.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a rapidly melting dusting of white, here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a fine slab of lamb breast and obligatory mint came in at 5.6 this am. Mrs Miggins, for some inexplicable reason, is not keen on lamb so I ended up making her something else.
Washergate went better than expected yesterday and planters now firmly secured in place. Gregory the Greattit is busy strutting his stuff - probably listening to Led Zeppelin.
There is probably something ‘going on’ somewhere but feel a bit lethargic about joining in and my lower back has decided to have a wee tantrum - a good walk with sort that out.

A bit more marbling this morning. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Koffy time.

upload_2021-4-11_9-20-30.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
I am using two protein powders. Have definitely felt more energetic since starting using them. One is Bulk Whey Protein Isolate which says 0.50g salt per 100g and the other is Pink Sun Organic Casein protein powder which says 0.5g per 100g.
Both are pure protein powder with nothing at all added. Hope that is helpful.

As well as adding protein powder I am trying to add more real food protein. This is a problem because I don't have a big appetite. Tonight I am having a lovely Ribeye Steak. I feel hungry already.
Thanks Krystyna,
I have a real problem with sodium, so I have to eat foods low in sodium or no sodium.
Many thanks
Derek

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
A choice between 6.5, 5.2 or 5.3. I think will choose

Sunny at the moment. Hopefully it will stay sunny for our walk around Oxburgh Hall later today.

Had a walk along the south coast early doors. Sunny but flipping cold in the wind.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who venture into the great outdoors today.
A belated happy birthday to @jjraak . I played happy birthday when practicing plinky plonky this morning, be grateful you didn't hear it, not hearing it can be your present.

A young wet behind the ears 6.2 this morning on that meter of deception.

I notice that voting for the moderators is now open, me and me's tend to think of moderators as a bunch of wrist slappers for naughty posters......like me and me's, but being a moderator is a thankless task, they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Well I am hoping to get out on my motorbike this morning for a shakedown ride, it will be cold, but hopefully fun. One of tricks is remember that every other road user is out to kill you.

Now I must depart and make Mrs J's tea, nod my head, make appropriate noises when she talks at me while all of my alternative minds are occupied on important projects to me and me's.
Have a great day remembering all the stay's.
Have fun @alf_Josiah
t4014.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a rapidly melting dusting of white, here in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of a fine slab of lamb breast and obligatory mint came in at 5.6 this am. Mrs Miggins, for some inexplicable reason, is not keen on lamb so I ended up making her something else.
Washergate went better than expected yesterday and planters now firmly secured in place. Gregory the Greattit is busy strutting his stuff - probably listening to Led Zeppelin.
There is probably something ‘going on’ somewhere but feel a bit lethargic about joining in and my lower back has decided to have a wee tantrum - a good walk with sort that out.

A bit more marbling this morning. Hope that everyone has a wonderful day. Koffy time.

View attachment 48826
Wonderful magpie @dunelm

Hope the walk sorts out the lethargy and back tantrums...
i22048.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks Alf, grateful to not gratefully receive you thoughtful present. ( I think :wacky:)

And the saying goes
Never ride faster, then your angel can fly.

upload_2021-4-11_10-55-33.png

I got two

Called Vigilance & PARANOIA.
Kept me safe so far :D

Travel well, dude
Enjoy the day

lindisfel

Expert
Hi @jjraak,
I think it has alway happened, its is just a lot worse, now.
One tends to worry less when one has been retired as long as I have.
However an on line presence could severely affect ones career, if younger.

I was surprised when I went with a group of guys to Shetland and Fair Isle birding about 12 years ago (two young, two retired) we were chatting to the owner of a b and b and the owner admitted he had checked us all out before we went there, after it was booked.
Suspicious me thought he may be retired police.

D.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone here had any experience of how a Libre sensor behaves when it becomes too wet? My first time ever in the shower with no film cover. Exceptionally high readings over the last 2 hrs. I know a shower gives high readings even covered but not for this long. TIA.