Type 1'stars R Us

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Had to wait to snorkel as my BG levels were being hard to control after I got the J&J vaccine last Saturday. My levels would shoot up higher and insulin was taking a lot longer to work. Too screwy to want to snorkel. They finally started to act mostly normal yesterday, so I finally went snorkeling again. Some fatigue involved too, but no sore arm or fever.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone. Had a great FaceTime with younger daughter this morning, feeling all today’s smiles arrived in one big surge. Saw older daughter on the weekend too before she and son-outlaw went away for a short ‘allowed’ stay in a holiday cabin in the New Forest. Older daughter’s dog slipped effortlessly through the cat flap to continue an energetic game that Briancat had found too bouncy for his now ageing bones: I know how he felt.
I’ve been reading a good article on what marks out people who live with T1 for 50+ years and am now feeling a bit worried by all the cheese and treats I bought at Lidl’s Iberian Week yesterday. Small bites I think.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
We handle needles everyday so stabbing yourself with the freshly used needle occasionally is like an occupational hazard - isn't it?

I guess I've done it several times over the past few years without consequence, but it happened Wednesday lunchtime and now my thumb is red and swollen from the knuckle joint upwards. What fun we have.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ooh I bought Iberian treats at Lidl too @Fairygodmother They are going in our food boxes for tomorrow’s holiday to the Lakes. Yippee!
I love the way Lidl gives our taste buds a chance to travel further than we can right now. Which ones did you get? I’ve put a few slices of the moraie cheese on a veg concoction this evening, currently in the oven, but mustn’t forget to take the statin and the ace inhibitor. The nougat desert was declared very good in this house last night and the dinky glass pots will be reused for small flowers.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yikes, @urbanracer !
Happens to me regularly, but so far without ill effects (knocks wood).
now my thumb is red and swollen from the knuckle joint upwards
I think this is because it's friday night, so no easy access to health care should you need it.
I'll have my fingers crossed for it looking better tomorrow!

Reactions: urbanracer

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Woke up on 12.7 which is decent given how much of a terrible week I've had with illnesses etc. Badly sprained my ankle last week, got a cold this week as well as pink eye + dry eyes. All in all feeling pretty terrible! :(

Reactions: Clivethedrive

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, had a busy week with errands, gardening, helping a neighbour just out of hospital, and a second Covid vaccination. No reaction again apart from an achy arm, though I did ask about the fact that I still have pain in my arm from the first one. Told to see my GP if it hasn't gone in another 4 weeks. There's even still a residual bruise so I don't know what that's all about, but I'm definitely not sorry to have had it.

Beautiful weather here today, hope yours is too.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning all, hope it’s a beautiful one everywhere. The sun’s shining brightly here @hh1 so cheerfulness is the order of the day. Second jabs are good. Still waiting for mine, another two and half weeks unless there are vial dregs to use and I get called. Husband’s got the vial dregs call twice now and each time he was out and had left his phone in the car. I’m not going to change my behaviour much at all after the second dose though, not when there are variants around that may or may not bust through the protection of the AZ vaccine.
On a happier note, back garden life has been enhanced by the annual nest building flurries, the carpets of forget me nots and violets, the blossoms on trees and leaves breaking. Frosts still so my slow prep of veg beds is ok, which is fine.
The new Lidl garden chairs have been christened by older daughter’s and son-outlaw’s bums. Cherry almond cake was eaten (lots of insulin), their dog gave next door’s dog a mix of growl and Shiba scream, the solar fountain played and magpies swooped. Happy day. Back gardens aren’t always haven of peace and quiet.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just logged in to order strips, (cassettes actually.)

Doo dah, doo dah........... :singing:

I spy an amendment to my list.............. Doo dah dooodah day.. :singing::singing:
Got the Libre two's, funded by the NHS.
Was gonna wave my letter at my GP next week.
looks like he caught up anyway...

Sing along now.? I got Libres on my script. Doo Daaahhh... :happy:

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1617724363858.jpg

Reactions: Clivethedrive