Weight loss +30kg - Problem with allergies

VeikkoK

Has anyone else found any good diet or a way to drop weight to about 30kg in less than a year? I would love to hear about them. I’ve gone really well for a year now and dropped almost that much. My problem with those diets has been that they often contain foods to which I am allergic or are but hardly available. I am allergic to, for example, carrots, avocado, mango, dragon fruit, passion fruit, etc... and in the spring I then suffer from dust allergies. It should be possible to eat fruit during the diet, but when fresh it is not possible for me. For example, have such been made as a dietary supplement? My apologies for the grammatical errors because I am from Finland.

optimist1

In very general terms. Being overweight can be cause by insulin resistance. Insulin is a fat storing hormone. Your body is fat enough to overcome this insulin resistance and burn fat between meals. To reduce this insulin resistance, you can reduce the carbs and increase the protein a bit. google LCHF or KETO.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/health/insulin-resistance

Last edited:

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good news, sounds like low carb is for you.
I lost 28kg in 6 months eating this way & have maintained since.
Fruits can be high in carbs so normally are not eaten on a low carb diet.

Reactions: oldgreymare

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone else found any good diet or a way to drop weight to about 30kg in less than a year? I would love to hear about them. I’ve gone really well for a year now and dropped almost that much. My problem with those diets has been that they often contain foods to which I am allergic or are but hardly available. I am allergic to, for example, carrots, avocado, mango, dragon fruit, passion fruit, etc... and in the spring I then suffer from dust allergies. It should be possible to eat fruit during the diet, but when fresh it is not possible for me. For example, have such been made as a dietary supplement? My apologies for the grammatical errors because I am from Finland.
Seeing as you're allergic to things that all impact blood sugars in a rather bad way, yay, no fruit, no problem! You could try a ketogenic diet or a carnivore diet, or just low carb high fat. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help a little. Good luck!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi and Welcome @VeikkoK

You could also look up the Newcastle diet. It is a very low calorie diet and is an intervention rather than a long term diet lifestyle. Usually for eight weeks at 800 calories a day people who are overweight or obese usually lose around 15kg and in many cases also return their Blood Sugar levels to normal. It is a hard slog but worked for me. You will find plenty of information online and in the low calorie forum here. I think you could undertake it without it impacting your allergies.
Whichever way you chose to go don't hesitate to ask questions here as it is a great resource and has helped me enormously in my journey.

PS excuse my grammar as I am an Australian

VeikkoK

I noticed I didn’t even tell you what my starting weight was...~175kg, now it's around 140kg and my target is 110kg. I Used to be very athlete at my twenties and even when I weight 112kg, I was able to to a back flip and other acrobatic stuff and I was very well fit. Now, just couple of years ago they found that I have type 2 diabetes. Now I'm struggling at that same weight because there is so many vegetables and fruits I can't eat, so I should take some supplements or something. I have tried KETO and that was basicly my success so far, but maybe that LCHF is worth checking out. Thank you optimist1 about that :) And thank you muzza for suggesting Newcastle diet, that is new for me as well!
So far I have followed 20 golden rules to success so far (crazyoffers.store)