What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Billy Time - 4.25 for me. I've no idea why except very lazy day yesterday. Fbg of 5.3 via Tee 2 after wild boar burgers and salad last evening watching the Cup Final. Uni friend elated and very emotional remembering his late father, himself and his sister going to previous finals. Sport can stir powerful feelings and passions, not all greed and division. Mulling over the Roy Taylor puff piece in yesterday's Guardian a couple of thoughts came to mind. I remember reading about the Newcastle diet in a doctor's surgery well before DX and LC - stuck in my mind. The 2.5 stones weight loss is uncannily like my first 3 or 4 months (25%) and sub T2 level retest. My personal fat/weight threshold seems to be 12st top end in old money but 11.5 is too low. I'm relearning/revisiting LC slowly. I'm not engineered for the HF which I suspected from the get go. My body obviously needs more protein than the basic RDA but easily protests with too much uric acid if I overdo things. I haven't the foggiest where food pleasure fits in - every Friday via salmon salad?. As the man says .

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One heck of a cat...:wideyed:

Now that's how to do NONCHALANT

"What ?....you never seen a cat jump before..perlease..outta my way.."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-57124736
That cat did well!

One cat I had, many many years ago @jjraak about 1972.
She was pregnant, got out of the top of a sash window 3 storeys up, got down to the window ledge, and fell before I could rescue her. My stomach sank. It still does at the thought of it. It was a concrete yard down below. I opened the door expecting splat, but she came in and ran upstairs with a "What took you so long?".
A week later she had her kittens full term, all 8 of them....8 new homes to find...

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick note

Just reading up on covid passports.
Not sure whether it will be acceptable world wide, but seems likely, imho

But the nhs app that is intended to be used is the one that offers you repeat meds and appointments

Mines named as AirmidUK.
Might be regional variations.

But my 2 jabs are on there.
If yours aren't I believe from Monday you can ask GP to put on

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That cat did well!

One cat I had, many many years ago @jjraak about 1972.
She was pregnant, got out of the top of a sash window 3 storeys up, got down to the window ledge, and fell before I could rescue her. My stomach sank. It still does at the thought of it. It was a concrete yard down below. I opened the door expecting splat, but she came in and ran upstairs with a "What took you so long?".
A week later she had her kittens full term, all 8 of them....8 new homes to find...

Amazingly well I thought.

Well done yours...that must have been a heart stopping moment .

Great she was ok

Had our belles do similar.
Had window open, didn't think it through

Noticed she was missing late in the day.
House cat, but liked to hide herself away under the bed etc at times.

After scouring the house, checked out the window praying not to see her limp body or worse..

Downstairs from us have a small balcony.

A few minutes fruitless scanning of lower building, and she pops her head out from some things stored on their balcony, with a meek little....

"Miaow, Miaow" which I think is cat for what tf happened, &/or Come and get me, please ...."

Felt like a naughty schoolboy knocking on their door asking "Can we have our cat back, please Mister ?"..:hilarious:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

I said a short while ago that the darn blackbirds have been taking my thatch off my thatched swing. The current female blackbird has made 4 nests from it this year. When I checked it is unrepairable.
The thatch I need to repair it would come from Germany. And costs too much.

So easier and cheaper solution is needed...

Various options...all too expensive.

Then thought of army camouflage netting. I have given up on a thatch repairer as such. So a tarpaulin, out of the garage, looks awful, but is now waterproof again.

Got a green army camouflage. But I knew I wouldn't like the colour. However, it was one piece with strengthened edges and ties etc. And I ordered a woodland camouflage as well, but they only came in smaller pieces.

The green camouflage I attached a few days ago. I knew I wouldn't like the green (but I could have got used to it). I tried the small piece of woodland coloured camouflage.

That was a definite yes for looks.

So ordered two more woodland ones, and they are easy to attach to the the green one.but it has been raining since.

However, the birds do not like the camouflage on the swing. They are all of them totally incapable of landing on it. The heffalump wood pigeon has made many abortive attempts to land, but fell on the ground. Then he/she ruffled their feathers and tried again and again...next time he fell in my bushes, and I ended up going out because he had difficulty extracting himself...but he got out himself in the end. Female blackbird is very very cross with me. She has done many flypasts to try and figure out how to land. And left many white 'messages' on the green army camouflage. Finally she came up to my window and gave me the death stare...

Here is my digital painting of the situation...

3B421381-B174-49F6-BD4D-B3959D35489F.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

I said a short while ago that the darn blackbirds have been taking my thatch off my thatched swing. The current female blackbird has made 4 nests from it this year. When I checked it is unrepairable.

Then thought of army camouflage netting. I have given up on a thatch repairer as such. So a tarpaulin, out of the garage, looks awful, but is now waterproof again.

Got a green army camouflage. But I knew I wouldn't like the colour. However, it was one piece with strengthened edges and ties etc. And I ordered a woodland camouflage as well, but they only came in smaller pieces.

The green camouflage I attached a few days ago. I knew I wouldn't like the green (but I could have got used to it). I tried the small piece of woodland coloured camouflage.

So ordered two more woodland ones, and they are easy to attach to the the green one.but it has been raining since.

However, the birds do not like the camouflage on the swing. They are all of them totally incapable of landing on it. The heffalump wood pigeon has made many abortive attempts to land, but fell on the ground. Then he/she ruffled their feathers and tried again and again...next time he fell in my bushes, and I ended up going out because he had difficulty extracting himself...but he got out himself in the end. Female blackbird is very very cross with me. She has done many flypasts to try and figure out how to land. And left many white 'messages' on the green army camouflage. Finally she came up to my window and gave me the death stare...

View attachment 49439
Gennwatch - easily worth a TV series. You are a legend Ma'am. Take care.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick note

Just reading up on covid passports.
Not sure whether it will be acceptable world wide, but seems likely, imho

But the nhs app that is intended to be used is the one that offers you repeat meds and appointments

Mines named as AirmidUK.
Might be regional variations.

But my 2 jabs are on there.
If yours aren't I believe from Monday you can ask GP to put on

Again @jjraak Wales is different.
The NHS app you speak of is only for England. It looks a useful app.
I cannot find something similar for Wales.
My surgery is doctorless which I have mentioned a few times. There are no GP's any more, I have to go through NHS eConsult to get repeat meds.

I haven't been offered the second jab yet. But there was a shortage of vaccine here for the second jab.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazingly well I thought.

Well done yours...that must have been a heart stopping moment .

Great she was ok

Had our belles do similar.
Had window open, didn't think it through

Noticed she was missing late in the day.
House cat, but liked to hide herself away under the bed etc at times.

After scouring the house, checked out the window praying not to see her limp body or worse..

Downstairs from us have a small balcony.

A few minutes fruitless scanning of lower building, and she pops her head out from some things stored on their balcony, with a meek little....

"Miaow, Miaow" which I think is cat for what tf happened, &/or Come and get me, please ...."

Felt like a naughty schoolboy knocking on their door asking "Can we have our cat back, please Mister ?"..:hilarious:
Glad you got your cat back @jjraak
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 49439

OUCH for the roofing costs :wideyed::arghh:

But lol for the "White Messages"
Very inventive :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A Whoops for the BG numbers. An Empathy for the messy creativity day in your art. However the Magnolia turned out pleasing enough and undoubtably some lessons learnt.

Tools hide and move about in our house and shed also. I'm convinced they misunderstand the meaning of Fo It Yourself. :)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for late response.

I used Quick pic for years on droid.
Some of the reviews slated it , but personally I only use it to resize.

Was a simple choice set resize list, but it changed.

This incarnation it's back with resize by personal choice, is, you pick size 800 X 1200 etc.
As in your own current app.

Works ok now, and usefully allows me to make folders that stop Google backing everything up to my cloud & reducing the space.

I used lit ..for the pics you mentioned.

( I do love a bargain.
Used to use Samsung, frustrated at slow droid updates.
Went Moto .quick updates very good
Got persuaded to try redmi (Xiaomi)
Regular updates..liked very much

treated myself to new one ( redmi) phone for birthday, 5G NFC 128GB 48 MP camera for a little over £100.
(Why anyone pays for apple...no idea..:hilarious::hilarious:
Sorry Brsbri, if still looking in.. Ur missed )

The LIT app
It too creates it's own separate folder like codenia.
I like that it display all the pics like so

View attachment 49424

Makes it easier to see which ones I HAVE reduced.
( Resized only used to post pic to forums.
Most requested 800 or under 1mgb )

I tried codenia as your suggestion
Looks ok, will keep for a bit..cheers.

Just as an add..on pc / laptops I've used irfanview since I started using computers.

Tried most others...find irfanview suits my needs best

Photoshop / Gimp all very good, but for me irfanview shines out
Simple to use, regularly updated, free.

I rate techradar reviews.
Here's their 2 bits on irfanview..

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/irfanview

No ads whatsoever.
Thank your all the info. I shall have a look at Quick Pic on my android phone. I used to use irfanview and Gimp when I had a laptop. Since retiring, my laptop only gets used to make and download routes onto my Garmin.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I wish I could find it on my phone and kindle fire.
On the IPad, I discovered that if I press the .?123 key to get numbers and symbols, then press and hold zero 0, the degree key appears above it and I just slide my finger up the screen to it - why do they make these so complicated? Maybe these things were designed by Daedalus when he got bored after designing the Labyrinth.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not engineered for the HF which I suspected from the get go
I don't think I am engineered for ultra HF either - although the low fat that I followed for years was more catastrophic and wrecked my health. The.P.E. Diet feels like a middle way between the two. I really like the way you eat the fat that comes with the food and don't shy away from it - but you don't add fat just for the sake of it. It just feels so right for me.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I really like the way you eat the fat that comes with the food and don't shy away from it - but you don't add fat just for the sake of it. It just feels so right for me.
Agree with that and accords with our shared preference for example of lamb shoulder v leg (and ribeye steak?). Do you prefer pork shoulder to leg/loin as well? Where's today's walk on @Krystyna23040 explores East Anglia? Don't forget the sausage roll for my hero;)