What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.8 today

definitely feel less limp today :D

sunday lunch at mum's with roast chicken wrapped in thick smoked bacon ;) followed by LC chocolate pudding with homemade custard. I might try making the custard with added whey protein just to see how it works out :)

We managed to get some grass cut at mum's after lunch since it hasn't rained for a couple of days so we're feeling positively angelic :D

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@gennepher - descriptive narrative art today :) sounds like a win for the waterproofing ;)
those 'white messages' are a pain though.

@Krystyna23040 - hope the bluebells were spectacular. they are lovely 'en masse' we have a few in our garden just coming out :)

@dunelm - interesting idea doing a group of small doodles and a good way of testing out ideas :)

I had no idea you could get waterproof fabric in so many designs :)

@lindisfel - my dad's friend had a saying suitable for such occasions 'Oh man, ah must've weed on a fairy!' :D

art bit -
didn't do any art yesterday, just went to bed early :sorry:

In this painting I was trying out blending some colours in the sky to see how they behaved on this paper, interestingly the blue sank into the paper more leaving my sky a bit pinkish :)

View attachment 49448
Thanks @geefull
Lunch sounds delicious...

Most of my watercolour skies end up as happy accidents, that I think initially 'oh no', but then which I wish I could create again.
I like your painting, good sense of distance. Uplifting.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh blast - now I have to go through the keyboard on my Samsung phone - and I can’t even see the keys or work them with my sausage fingers
I have enough of a job @dunelm pressing the correct key on my Pixel phone, let alone find the hidden symbols....
Is there a way of verbally doing this......

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh blast - now I have to go through the keyboard on my Samsung phone - and I can’t even see the keys or work them with my sausage fingers

Little sympathy, for those who force others to open Pandora's box......:bag:

Reap what ya sow, my friend. :hilarious:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have enough of a job @dunelm pressing the correct key on my Pixel phone, let alone find the hidden symbols....
I know Google does touch to type

Where you speak & the text appears on screen
You do need to pronounce punctuation, as in "comma" " full stop"

Not sure it would understand "degree" as a symbol, though

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And now you got me looking at my mobile.

android if that makes a difference.

while i knew some letter keys added alternatives
NEVER realised holding down the numbers offered the fractions..

in fact i then found the top row of letters actually swaps to the corresponding number.

i rarely have the numbers displayed, as an option in setting,
so switch between letter numbers which can be irritating.

in fact i have now discovered..(only been using android sine it began..:rolleyes:)
that IF you press the Comma icon ( , ) next to ?1234, you get to setting and from there can press advanced.

this option allows for preferences.
low down on page is 'Long press for symbols hint'

and all the alternative choices appear by the letter screen most people start with.

AND if you do as you & @dunelm suggest (=\< )you can get the copyright, registered trademark & a TICK.
ones i have often wanted to use in quirky posts but struggled finding.:banghead:

And in amongst that lot, a little button pressing got me to discover the • icon, IF long pressed offers up the card suits.♣♠♥♦

( How strange.
On Mobile it's in the appropriate colours.)

Still, maybe useful for the missing heart in the emoji choice.❤

also offers a music note ♪ )

a link for more info
https://www.howtogeek.com/210824/ho...racters-on-any-computer-smartphone-or-tablet/

DCUK, where every days a school day..:D
I have enough to do today @jjraak without disappearing down this rabbit hole...
:pompous:
It is all stuff I have wanted to find...
So, thank you...
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know Google does touch to type

Where you speak & the text appears on screen
You do need to pronounce punctuation, as in "comma" " full stop"

Not sure it would understand "degree" as a symbol, though
I am just testing this out @jjraak speaking in one of my notepad apps. And it does do the degree symbol, at least on the app but not on here. I am dictating this on here. Today the temperature is 20°. Oh yes it does when you say 20°. Now that's cool. I've definitely gone down this rabbit hole for the day...

EDIT : I think I need to find out the correct name for each of the symbols, and then when I use them they should come up, when I verbally say the command. Off to Google....

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
And now you got me looking at my mobile.

android if that makes a difference.

while i knew some letter keys added alternatives
NEVER realised holding down the numbers offered the fractions..

in fact i then found the top row of letters actually swaps to the corresponding number.

i rarely have the numbers displayed, as an option in setting,
so switch between letter numbers which can be irritating.

in fact i have now discovered..(only been using android sine it began..:rolleyes:)
that IF you press the Comma icon ( , ) next to ?1234, you get to setting and from there can press advanced.

this option allows for preferences.
low down on page is 'Long press for symbols hint'

and all the alternative choices appear by the letter screen most people start with.

AND if you do as you & @dunelm suggest (=\< )you can get the copyright, registered trademark & a TICK.
ones i have often wanted to use in quirky posts but struggled finding.:banghead:

And in amongst that lot, a little button pressing got me to discover the • icon, IF long pressed offers up the card suits.♣♠♥♦

( How strange.
On Mobile it's in the appropriate colours.)

Still, maybe useful for the missing heart in the emoji choice.❤

also offers a music note ♪ )

a link for more info
https://www.howtogeek.com/210824/ho...racters-on-any-computer-smartphone-or-tablet/

DCUK, where every days a school day..:D
My phone is an Android also. Thank you for this info. Really helpful. Have bookmarked the link as I am sure I won't remember it all.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from a damp and dreary looking start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of spiced chicken with some green stuff and some of those zero noodles clocked in at 5.2 this am.

“More paint” was the cry so I expect a trip to the paint emporium this morning to gaze in wonder at the colour wall. Handles - no not handles for forks or even four candles - door handles - one fitted and six awaiting to door fitting bloke (whenever that is - must ask the project manager).
Not much art today - four little doodles, each just over an inch high - playing with ideas for some landscapes. Have a smashing day, time for some koffy.

View attachment 49441
Wow, so tiny!
They are brilliant, @dunelm
I love them.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So I stumbled into a thread with a crowd of folk pressing keys on various devices and intoning: Ho, ho young masters, what have we here? How very strange. Meanwhile, in Suffolk we have a more traditional event. Checking my fbg via Tee 2 was a logistical nightmare - it'll never catch on. Anyhow, one way or another - quiet Debs - 6.1 showed up. Hefty protein yesterday, 120 gms (chunky chicken breast (skinless), whey protein isolate, 0% Greek yogurt, skinny bread all starred) much longer and higher score on the sleepometer, resting pulse substantially lower, far more satiated. Unhappy with fbg but the process skewed that and those markers are fine. Great art and meal @geefull. Spiffing art, meal and fbg @dunelm. Shall you be taking the role of Mr Llewellyn-Bowen? I think you would soo look the part - may have spelled that wrongly. Enjoy your voyage of discovery around various keypads, cautious freedom and whatever else the day has in store - or online - for you. Tea sounds a viable option but is my kitchen on the green list today? If'n I took this stuff seriously I'd have been crushed years ago. Laters, taters.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have enough to do today @jjraak without disappearing down this rabbit hole...
:pompous:
It is all stuff I have wanted to find...
So, thank you...
:)

I know you use apple,
So this may not be useful as it's for Google.

Not a powerdesk worker in an office, so found Google docs really simple to use and fulfilled my needs adequately

Here's a link to how that speak to text works.

https://www.howtogeek.com/399757/how-to-use-voice-typing-in-google-docs/

Edit.
Sorry @gennepher , posted as you were it seems

Not one to hang about, are ya..:wideyed::D

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I stumbled into a thread with a crowd of folk pressing keys on various devices and intoning: Ho, ho young masters, what have we here? How very strange. Meanwhile in Suffolk we have a more traditional event.

Nice song choice

Be humming that all day :):singing:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have shouted at my phone many times but it ignores me - probably something like Google assistant but I don’t know.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know you use apple,
So this may not be useful as it's for Google.

Not a powerdesk worker in an office, so found Google docs really simple to use and fulfilled my needs adequately

Here's a link to how that speak to text works.

https://www.howtogeek.com/399757/how-to-use-voice-typing-in-google-docs/

Edit.
Sorry @gennepher , posted as you were it seems

Not one to hang about, are ya..:wideyed::D
@jjraak
I use both Apple...iPad
And
Android...Pixel phone

I never hang about...
Thanks for that link...
I am now stuck down the rabbit hole for today now...it is a useful rabbit hole...I might meet Alice...
Today's stuff can wait until tomorrow now...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have shouted at my phone many times but it ignores me - probably something like Google assistant but I don’t know.
I have shouted at Apple's Siri before now, and Siri actually remonstrates with me saying there is no need for that kind of language because Siri is only trying to help me. And I ended up in a discussion with Siri.... The Android's voice assistant thingy @dunelm doesn't do this kind of interaction...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isn't it great how we swap information on this thread.
The strength of the forum, I think
Empowerment.

And agree, that on here it just adds that little bit more "je ne sais quoi " to an already most amenable & friendly part of my day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Today have got a lovely long break between my morning class and the evening classes. Hopefully will tackle the growing pile of stuff to deal with on my dining room table and other admin stuff upstairs in the office. Admin/paperwork is never ending.

Reactions: karen8967