What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.9 this morning, perhaps not unexpected as I’ve been eating fairly normally while big son is with us this week.

Back to disciplined eating as of Sunday !

Knee survived a 4.5k yesterday, albeit much slower than usual. I am missing the exercise I usually do each week while it’s not happy, but feels like slowly recovering. I am still hopeful of being able to run the 10k I entered on bank holiday Monday.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Something seems to be working - Painting and decorating finished so not so much physical exertion to inflame my stenosis or is it that I have been eating much less protein over the last couple of days - definitely seeing levels I'm more comfortable with during the day. Happy with that.

Was going through an old 1948 cookery book (26th Edition) and came across a "Diet for diabetics" , makes very interesting reading: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/1948-cookery-book-26th-edition-diet-for-diabetics.182180/

Message edited by moderator: Removal of picture and text - Moved to new post

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ert

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 so it seems I’m stuck up here for a bit. I shouldn’t waste my money on test strips at the moment I don’t think. Libre had to be removed before MRI scan too.
@Estragon brilliant reduction going on there. Well done.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning everyone on this sunny Somerset morning - I’ve not posted for a while and my BS took a while to settle after my second jab with some high 5s and a couple of low 6s but seem to be back on an even keel with a 4.9 yesterday and 5.3 this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. Something seems to be working - Painting and decorating finished so not so much physical exertion to inflame my stenosis or is it that I have been eating much less protein over the last couple of days - definitely seeing levels I'm more comfortable with during the day. Happy with that.

Was going through an old 1948 cookery book (26th Edition) and came across a "Diet for diabetics" , makes very interesting reading. Its out of copyright so ok to post.
Stay away from the plasmon;)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 today.
Going to have to rethink this , have increased protein, reduced fat, and only carbs from vegetables last few weeks. Probably got it wrong. Going back to a cheese and bacon with butter on veg sort of diet, and doing more research before making changes again. Of course, another variable is the seasonal allergies. There could be other factors I am not even aware of. Life with T2 is a perplexing conundrum at times. :banghead:

Reactions: annabell1

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Life with T2 is a perplexing conundrum at times. :banghead:
You have my sympathy. As the song goes, the more I find out the less I know. Hope you find the right way for yourself. Yours, bewildered of Suffolk;)

Last edited:
Reactions: annabell1