What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today.i will be fasting till Sunday now.

@PenguinMum why an eye injection?:nailbiting:... I get scared of needles around arm so eye is not an area I could even begin to imagine the horrors of. Anyway best of luck.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 today after another day of minimal carbs and pretty low calories. It’s getting tedious now!
Lots of luck for this mornings eye injection @PenguinMum
Hurrah for double vax status @ultradad great fbg too.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s getting tedious now!
It could be the vaccination effect. Did you get AZ or Pfizer? Or could also be the higher pollen count in your area...it puzzles me how our body is able to produce so much glucose even without much supply of the raw material.

Reactions: ultradad and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today.i will be fasting till Sunday now.

@PenguinMum why an eye injection?:nailbiting:... I get scared of needles around arm so eye is not an area I could even begin to imagine the horrors of. Anyway best of luck.
Its because of Retinal Vein Occlusion (tiny leaky blood vessels causing blurry vision). Thanks for your good wishes, also to @DJC3.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 from Swipey defo not carbs or cals - probably linked to the knee and ankle outage. As you say @DJC3 impact on bg is tedious but I love what the morning bathroom scales show. There has to be a positive somewhere. Hug for the broken night @PenguinMum and top, top gal for hanging in there. Best wishes for the eye treatment, obviously not ideal but so important. All I need to do is whack in Naproxen and drink mucho tea - doable IMHO.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It could be the vaccination effect. Did you get AZ or Pfizer? Or could also be the higher pollen count in your area...it puzzles me how our body is able to produce so much glucose even without much supply of the raw material.

Vaccination was weeks ago now (AZ). Hayfever is terrible this year though so you may have a point. I thought I’d grown out of it but it’s back with a vengeance.
Btw I got the NHS app up and running, took a while for my GP to give me full access but that’s sorted now - still no MRI or EEG results though. Thanks again for telling me about it.
(Ps sorry for going off topic a bit)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 today what goes up must come down though... right? Didn’t drop below 6 yesterday however. Sigh.

Have a good weekend all

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. So 4.6 is what one gets on waking up an OAP. Wild celebration of Sashimi, salad and a lorra, lorra tea planned - red meat and alkerroll can wait until ???. Double vaxxed so hugs from grandchildren are my legal highs. Enjoy whatever you are doing safely.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 at 6.30AM, nearly 36 hours into fasting which continues till tomorrow unless ofcourse my body tells me otherwise.

Have a lovely Saturday everyone. :)

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back after spending a relaxing week in the Lake District. I never take my BS tester with me on holiday but, after a more carbs than usual week, my FBS was 5.9 this morning.