What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Who stole June, replaced it with October and thought we wouldn't notice? Obviously you all know who I strongly suspect - could be part of this week's Q and A revelations from The Domster. Thank you for the riot of colour, superb story of apple jousting, word of the year - youngling- and birthday wishes, @geefull. Wonderfully detailed art today @gennepher and on another day that driving story would win the medal. Enjoy your rest periods and that cake cum pancake @Krystyna23040 - (I must not google and order chia protein powder) . Unfortunately I'm with Bono and the lads (The Edge :woot:) over the reader and our passports and an expensive pair of curtains and, and, and ..... Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.
Lyrics
Edit: Too late:arghh:

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6,7 for me today. Another high but definitely caused by a lazy meal after returning from Quire Rehearsal. We had some frozen Five Bean Soup, Consisting of a tin of Five Bean Salad, Tomotoes, grated Courgette and Carrots, seasoned. I usually don't partake of this soup but it was an easy option so I succumbed.:banghead:
A day of sorting and tidying up garden ready for a small tool and potting shed for Mrs MC. Just to clarify it's For her garden tools, not for Mrs MC to be kept in. :)

Daughter arriving for a meal this evening with youngest grandaughter so early meal as it's a school night.

Keep safe and boldly face the day.
Hope that the Quire rehearsal went well - I do like those beans but they certainly don’t like me. Enjoy your day.

lindisfel

Expert
A cold and cloudy morning in Cumbria this am, they predict it will stay down at 12 deg C until lunch time.

Must get the grass cut today but I have not felt very bright eyed and bushy tailed of late.

Have a great day and stay safe.
Derek

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.4 today

much running around trying to make sure the visit goes well, they are off home again in the morning so there is peace on the horizon :D not that the are onerous visitors but we're not used to the disruption anymore ;)

Roast chicken dinner today with a baked vanilla custard and fresh strawberries for afters (LC choc cake and yoghurt for me), LC 'notella' works fine for adding a touch of lux to my choc cake :D ( 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp cocoa powder and a little truvia mixed together with a touch of vanilla and almond milk to get the texture right - stored in the fridge in a small pot, very quick to make :) might try using LC hazelnut coffee syrup instead of vanilla next time)

We had absolute torrential rain yesterday evening with a river running down the centre of the road outside then a cool, cloudy day today until about an hour ago, now the sky is a lovely blue :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Not on the forum yesterday so may I wish you a Happy belated Birthday @ianpspurs :)
I hope your reader turns up, I usually find searching high and low for something else entirely works best :hilarious:

@SlimLizzy - Mum can be quite funny about what she considers is 'ok' to do in the garden on a Sunday too

@gennepher - lovely bee picture, so full of vibrancy and light :joyful: and your dream studio looks peaceful and remote alright poised over the valley :)

@dunelm - lovely grove of trees, very ethereal and I like the subtle colours in today's landscape and a fine sense of space :)

@Muddy Cyclist - two lovely sketches today thank you :) looks like mrs MC and yourself have made good use of the available weather and a picnic is a fine idea :) Hope the quire practice stays dry ;)

@lindisfel - wow a Morgan, haven't seen one of those for a while :)
When I was a youngling my father had a friend who made spare parts for the three wheelers, Dad used to help him out if he was very busy, (engine or gearbox 'dogs' I think they were called, which used to wear - were they chain drive?), we went along to a meet at Keddleston Hall with dad's friend and I had the honour of riding about in one for a game which involved spearing apples as you raced round a course against the clock. I was the (rather inexpert) speargirl, great fun :D did they used to adorn the v engines with champagne corks for some reason? :sorry:

art bit - I'm afraid I can't find my note of the inspiration for this experiment in colour, painted on Hahnemuhle Britannia :) I'll edit it in if I find it.

View attachment 50095
Thank you for your kind comments @geefull and your baked vanilla custard sounds yummy. Beautiful colour study - wet on wet?? I like the blending and those loose reflections.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Digital painting in Procreate with inspiration from Zhang Daqian.
I had intended doing a very colourful one, but this black and white one took my attention, and the dawn and sunrise I am watching here from my bedroom is liquid gold. So beautiful...

View attachment 50102
Beautifully done and I do like how you have placed the artist with his human into the painting.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Feel.rested and relaxed this morning. Today, although it is my long day at work, has some nice long breaks so I I will be able to relax and read between classes and 1:1s.

Have got all my food packed up for the day. I have made a lovely cross between a cake and a pancake, with chia seed protein powder, 2:eggs, sweetened with Erythritol and flavoured with the mild Ceylon cinnimon. It is delicious.
Your pancakes sound delicious

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.00am FBG 5.9
My shoulder is painful this morning, am really annoyed with myself, letting a moments carelessness destroy all the months of work to rehabilitate it.

On a lighter note there is a female chaffinch busy collecting nesting material from outside my kitchen door. Ironic that she is lining her nest with cat hair.
Oh dear - take it easy with that shoulder. Cat hair birds nest - sounds like a recipe for soup.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a miserable start to a Monday stolen from the middle of November here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s not working Frank, you are just not summer material.
The wonder wheel of mince and dumplings (I had cauliflower instead of the dumplings) came in at 5.4 this am.

Longest day so 16hrs and about 38min to get loads done - mind you, I missed the kick off, just before 5, so am sitting on the bench trying to look peeved.
Cards - who got cards yesterday? Well done. I also got some wine and a t-shirt - nice. Best bit was a visit from youngest grandchild who wanted to play ‘kick the ball’ and show off her improving balancing acts.
Looks like the Chancellor has his beady eyes on your pension in order to pay for Brexit, oops, The Pandemic. Best get your £1 million pension lifetime allowance cashed in now and buy a speedboat.

Art bit - cliffs - a la fu baoshi. Have as wonderful a day as you can. I must make koffy and then wake Mrs Miggins.

upload_2021-6-21_8-58-24.jpeg

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are donning their winter gear.

A 6.6 this morning, 30 minutes plinky plonky practice and a good old fashioned swear at that meter.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers it seems Reading is vying to be the Covid capital of our fair Isle, best avoid the place.

This morning we have a video call arranged,click and collect shopping to organise and watching the grass grow. I just don't know how I cope with all the excitement, probably like watching foot the ball........Please wake me up when it's Tuesday this excitement is to zzzzzzzzz

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a miserable start to a Monday stolen from the middle of November here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s not working Frank, you are just not summer material.
The wonder wheel of mince and dumplings (I had cauliflower instead of the dumplings) came in at 5.4 this am.

Longest day so 16hrs and about 38min to get loads done - mind you, I missed the kick off, just before 5, so am sitting on the bench trying to look peeved.
Cards - who got cards yesterday? Well done. I also got some wine and a t-shirt - nice. Best bit was a visit from youngest grandchild who wanted to play ‘kick the ball’ and show off her improving balancing acts.
Looks like the Chancellor has his beady eyes on your pension in order to pay for Brexit, oops, The Pandemic. Best get your £1 million pension lifetime allowance cashed in now and buy a speedboat.

Art bit - cliffs - a la fu baoshi. Have as wonderful a day as you can. I must make koffy and then wake Mrs Miggins.

View attachment 50104
Great precipices... @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
(I must not google and order chia protein powder)
Actually I agree that you shouldn't.. I only like it because I used to make pancakes with buckwheat flour and this tastes similar to me. Not everyone likes buckwheat flour - especially if they like the taste of wheat flour.

lindisfel

Expert
Oh I remember the Morgan 3wheeler @lindisfel
When I was 17 and my brother was 15 years old, in the 1960's, we had a bit of a business going. He wasn't allowed to drive, he wasn't old enough, But I had my full licence. I used to test drive cars, vans, motorcycles for him, and I would give him my opinion whether it was worth buying. My brother was capable of repairing just about anything. One day he asked me to go to a garage to test drive this car. But he didn't warn me what it was.

The garage gave me the keys and led me to a racing green coloured 3 wheeler Morgan. I am looking at horror at this thing. Two wheels at the front and one at the back.I had never seen anything like it before. I take it for a test drive, and just about everything was shot, including the steering. I was lucky to get back to the garage in one piece, and told them my brother would be in contact.

When I got home I gave my brother a very honest opinion on this Morgan, and refused ever to drive it again....
Hi Gennepher, you and geeful of the 'spearing of apples fame' must have been girls who didnt mind taking on a challenge when you were young?

I just hope my grandson doesn't take the risks I did.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually I agree that you shouldn't.. I only like it because I used to make pancakes with buckwheat flour and this tastes similar to me. Not everyone likes buckwheat flour - especially if they like the taste of wheat flour.
Too late:arghh: In mitigation it appears to offer plenty of fibre:woot::woot: and protein:woot::woot: with an impressive array of nutes and vits:woot::woot: - may save me buying expensive vit and nute pils and whey protein powder. My, just to keep things regular, dockey - (11 zeeeees? for non East Anglians) Porridge (flaxseed (3.5 tblsp), inulin (2 tsps) , 170 gms Fage 0% and 30 gms raspberries, with 150 gms hot water) may be strengthened with that . You need to relax @alf_Josiah a world leading plan - version 954380000000, is on the way from Trotters Plans Plc. Good day for gifts and cards for you as well yesterday @dunelm. I have an experience, Pike fishing on the Norfolk Broads with all 3 sons later this summer.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like the Chancellor has his beady eyes on your pension in order to pay for Brexit, oops,
Sounds like the promised, meeting cancelled today, Social Care Plan. Starve the oldies, we got yer vote now clear orf. With their track record expect a massive overload of frail, malnourished pensioners for the NHS (in selected areas we can predict right now), Boomers panic buying tins of almost everything and Disgusted of Chesham and Amersham spitting Gin all over the Jag. Oh, and property prices to rise for large detached houses in the countryside along with poll ratings for Dufus Maximus.

Last edited: