1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

With a wonderful view for inspirational landscapes. I do like the colours and grandeur ofthis art.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Morning all looks to be an half decent day for Fathers.

I may have a look out at c.1430 from a nearby hill when the Red Arrows are due to pass over flying eastwards on their way back from Scotland to Scampton.
    D.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Muddy Cyclist

Pine Cone watching does work, both our closed tight at 7pm last night and we had some extremely heavy rain through the night.

Good landscape from you today lots of depth and some inviting mountains to explore.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Muddy Cyclist

@ianpspurs being away meant I missed your birthday, so happy belated birthday.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  6. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning and a 7.2 for me today. I have had a week of such high fasting bloods, disappointing.

We here last night but our Pine Cones are showing signs of opening so maybe a good day in store.

We have a in the garden Quire Rehersal after lunch so fingers crossed for a dry few hours.

Keep safe be amazing.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
    :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  8. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I do hope you find your reader. It is so annoying when things disappear.
    Weather in Norfolk is also dull, wet and cool. We were going to Gooderstone water gardens today but have decided to dog walk around our village instead.

The posts about spikes were very interesting. I must admit that I have never been really sure just how high a rise after a meal had to go to be labelled a spike.

My liver and pancreas work in mysterious ways. If I am in the 3s before a meal I would get a rise of 3 to take me into the 6s even with almost zero carbs. If I was in the 6s the identical meal wouldn't raise blood sugars and might actually lower them into the 5s. Very puzzling.

• Informative Informative x 7
  9. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

4.9 this morning. Am very happy with fbs at the moment.

A relaxing day today - which is actually what I need. We have been gifted a free Zoom Pilates class by our Professional Body to cheer us up as all our businesses have been hit by the pandemic. I have chosen a class this evening run by my two favourite US teachers and am really looking forward to it.

Mr K 's computer has supersonic broadband but mine hasn't. I had booked an engineer's visit with the IT company that looks after our computers but when the engineer rang me he diagnosed that the problem was just that the cable from my computer to the router needed replacing and I don't need an engineer's visit. So am now just waiting for the cable to be delivered.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  10. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who try to remember not to use frofanities, but........

A 5.8 this morning.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers some interesting art work to ponder over, Mrs J appears to have forsaken her art work, but in her defence, Mrs J has had her work defined, pots and planters to populate also keeping a watchful eye or several on her current husband of 40 + years.

Today me and me's will repairing a shelf that fell down, it seems I don't put them as securely as I used to, I'm not saying anything about overloading, perhaps I should.

Time to go to other areas of my life, remember the stays, avoid the media and blow raspberries at the word in general.... ( other ranks available ).

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @gennepher

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  12. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Thank you @Muddy Cyclist - the issue with watching pine cones is that they are only concerned about looking at their own - and they are probably located in Mordor.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Thanks @Muddy Cyclist. It occurs to me that your run of higher fbgs may well be your body letting you know that you may be a tad highly geared lately so it will be applying some quantitative easing hence the inflationary pressure. However, I know zip about bg control but I do like fish, salad, avocado and tea. I hope the Quire event goes off well.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #46013 ianpspurs, Jun 20, 2021 at 10:25 AM
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  14. Muddy Cyclist

Thanks. A tad chilly here so outside Quire rehearsal is going to see me searching out my cord trousers and woolen waistcoats. :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Muddy Cyclist

Yep, I am away with the Fairies of Lorien rather than the Beats of Mordor. :)

• Funny Funny x 8
  16. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

7.35am FBG 5.8
    A brighter morning than expected with the sun trying to keep through.
    Visited our opinionated neighbour and did a very civilised exchange of plants surplus to requirements. BUT, she also, and AGAIN, reminded me about the rules on noise. She so brings out the rebellious teenager in me.
    If it wasn't so wet I might have got the mower out, or the chop saw, or the hedge trimmer. Tout est interdit aprés le midi en Samedi et interdit absolutement en Dimanche.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  17. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Very civilised the French;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Lol this neighbour is an English ex head teacher... maybe thats why she thinks its neccessary to remind me of the rules so frequently.

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. lindisfel

Drew a blank, the route from Cockermouth to Armathwaite must have been over Keswick or down a quantum tunnel.

Got to talk to a farmer friend from the farm on top of the nearby drumlin with his spiffing Morgan four wheeler. Red and very well kept like all his classic fleet.

He reckoned Caldbeck was absolutely mobbed with visitors at the Muddy Duck when he came through.
    They must be raking the money in, in the Lakes now and going to the banks with wheel barrows.
    D.

Ps Asked him if he remembered the Morgan three wheelers? He gave me a hard look but he asked for it cos he pulls my leg. ;)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #46019 lindisfel, Jun 20, 2021 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  20. lindisfel

They always told us they didnt like water?
    But I am sure I was brought up in a very politically incorrect time.
    D.
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook