What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving these photo montages. Popeye looks very spry.
Thanks very much @ianpspurs
Considering he was taken bad after the heatstroke a few weeks back, and wouldn't eat for a couple of weeks, he has made a miraculous healing recovery.
My painting during that period with Popeye on mountains etc and Popeye getting smaller was me sort of saying goodbye to him then, obviously I was unable to say in words what was going on with him...then suddenly he begins eating again. And is recovering.
So, a few photos for the next few days...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Vile people using social media to racially abuse the three penalty takers who missed, deface murals and probably worse. Just a bit rich for those politicians who slammed "taking the knee" to now "swap sides". This seems to be a good credo:
There’s a line in Pirkei Avot, the Ethics of the Fathers, attributed to Rabbi Tarphon and that’s worth bearing in mind here: “You are not expected to complete the task, but nor are you free to exempt yourself from it.” Quoted in The Guardian.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm quick to lay into the Blue Team but there are some diamonds in there which obviously includes some on here and my own family. BJ is an embarrassment to some True Blues and definitely not "one of our own." Held their noses and voted anti Corbyn. I do see their point.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-12 14.20.29.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-12 14.20.29.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hope this is not out of order but forgot to mention had phone call from doctor's surgery last Friday seems they realized that I was way overdue several reviews so asked me to go in tomorrow and do them all including bloods what is the point of a diabetic review prior to blood test?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope this is not out of order but forgot to mention had phone call from doctor's surgery last Friday seems they realized that I was way overdue several reviews so asked me to go in tomorrow and do them all including bloods what is the point of a diabetic review prior to blood test?
My thoughts are that it is absolutely bonkers.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, pretty pointless - will you then get a review of the review?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, pretty pointless - will you then get a review of the review?
I've had bloods taken, some results verbally from an admin member but no full results, no contact from any trained HCP or prospect of such. My guess is that is not uncommon. Still, @JohnEGreen's tale does seem a total farce.

lindisfel

Expert
I thought the reviews were in two part, John.
They do your bloods and blood pressure and send a sheet with a plebs version of the results and then ring you to see what your going to do about it!
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another damp yet quiet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages with eggs and a couple of my home made crackers cracked in at 5.6 this am

What a palaver - drowned rats day yesterday - never mind, ducks, swans, geese and bottle nosed dolphins were amongst those enjoying the day (for we have a pod of these squeaking mammals hereabouts). You can view them whilst scoffing your chish and fips on the beach. Oh, and that newly hatched beaver on Exmoor - first in 400 years - locals are sceptical. Yorkshire Show at Harrogate - everything farming - rain, cold, crazy hours and a shortage of labour. Is a strawberry farmer supposed to be red all year round? Girl in the bubble day - always a joy - her latest toy - a small empty sanatiser bottle - everyone has to hold their hands out. How damaged are we getting? Psych warfare on children.

Art today - well we were at Whitby so here is what the Abbey looks like when viewed from China. Have a wonderful day. Koffy.

upload_2021-7-13_6-50-58.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Feeling really lazy this morning. Probably not surprising as yesterday was a really busy day.

It looks like summer is on the way - it will be lovely to have some warmer weather, but hopefully not too hot.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another damp yet quiet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Heck sausages with eggs and a couple of my home made crackers cracked in at 5.6 this am

What a palaver - drowned rats day yesterday - never mind, ducks, swans, geese and bottle nosed dolphins were amongst those enjoying the day (for we have a pod of these squeaking mammals hereabouts). You can view them whilst scoffing your chish and fips on the beach. Oh, and that newly hatched beaver on Exmoor - first in 400 years - locals are sceptical. Yorkshire Show at Harrogate - everything farming - rain, cold, crazy hours and a shortage of labour. Is a strawberry farmer supposed to be red all year round? Girl in the bubble day - always a joy - her latest toy - a small empty sanatiser bottle - everyone has to hold their hands out. How damaged are we getting? Psych warfare on children.

Art today - well we were at Whitby so here is what the Abbey looks like when viewed from China. Have a wonderful day. Koffy.

View attachment 50415
I love this version of Whitby Abbey!
It made me smile @dunelm "...viewed from China."!!!!
The photos I took decades ago have water in the front of the photograph....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That used to happen to me @JohnEGreen

But now, we don't have any reviews at all, or blood tests...my GP surgery is a doctorless one. And I have no idea how to get any reviews or blood tests now after last year's farce...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings from a sullen skied, calm and almost but not quite crossing over the finishing line into summer Tuesday in Forest Heath. I continue to inhabit a fully Cronometered but not Swiped interim twixt sensor and sporting events. Ho, ho, ho lympics incoming. I set some goals during the last games none of which included how/why I arrived in FH but the D related ones have been achieved. Set the bar low enough is a very good idea which some prominent figures have now copied. @Krystyna23040 interesting concept, in theory, you being lazy. I'd request a refund on that dictionary. @dunelm pertinent observation on the sanitiser and very young children. Whitby Abbey from China, how very droll. @lindisfel even the plebs version on a printed sheet is like hens teeth here. May need to wrench one from the cold, dead hands of officialdom. There was me thinking it was my blood and health. Guys, it is the little things that count - said so in the evil, lying, blackhearted, agenda driven, wall to wall sport meedja;)
Lyrics: Sorry, Kitty this version is better. Pip, Pip Old Toots.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love this version of Whitby Abbey!
It made me smile @dunelm "...viewed from China."!!!!
The photos I took decades ago have water in the front of the photograph....
Thank you @gennepher and yes, there is water in front but you can’t see it from China as the rocks and trees get in the way.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

I am trying to aim for more sleep in the night. For years I only had 4 hours sleep a night. The last thing I want is Alzheimer's. My birth mother had Alzheimer's. What was very poignant was she actually recognised me on my last visit to her in the care home, after the staff had told me she wouldn't recognise me.

I did manage more sleep last night. And I had planned an action filled day today. Then I thought hang on, what am I doing? So, changed it to a chilled out day, after a chilled out night's sleep.

I realised with doing nothing but painting for the last couple of years, I have neglected my photography, and I am not taking the best of photographs now. So, like I said a couple of days ago, I am going to concentrate on the art of photography for a wee while. The iPad is much kinder and takes much softer photos of Popeye which makes him look younger, but the Pixel phone takes much sharper images of Popeye and make him look the age he is.

And I think it is maybe time (since he made that amazing recovery from the heat stroke, and he is 29 years old, and he does have dementia controlled quite well with the tablets I found for him) that I document him for a bit while he is well and able bodied. Sorry if you don't like cats, but I will do a collage of plants and objects in my garden as well!

So, my art today is a collage of photos...

A24C20DF-200A-4DBE-81AF-8B842378EB72.jpeg

Last edited: