What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
John Campbell has received an interesting video from a friend in Chile. They have had about the same number vaccinated as here per capita and did the same stupid trick as here but they let the Brazillian variant in whereas we thought the delta would would give us a great trade deal with India.

He thinks if Boris Johnsons strategy goes belly up we shall be looking for a new pm by Christmas. :)
With the deaths around 50 the last two days I hate to think what it will be like by mid September. One could work this one out with GCE maths, their putting their heads in the sand.
Oh and b.t.w. it doesnt sound as if some vaccines are up to the new variants in the same way the alpha was neutralised.

I think Israel is having to increase restrictions again.
D.

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thought some of you might be interested in my snake. Well not really mine, but lives in my hedge. Apparently it's an uncommon one - the Aesculapian Snake. ( Hope that's the correct spelling) very similar in appearance and habits to a grass snake, except this one has round pupils and likes to climb. It's over a metre long. Sadly I wasn't able to post the video. Photos are nowhere near as good.
20210714_172902.jpg

Reactions: dogslife

lindisfel

Expert
From Cumbria stats.
Cases jumped to 562 per 100,000 up 300+ in a week in my area.

Vaccines: 90 % single jab, 77% double jabbed in Cumbria, at this rate I am doubtful that herd immunity can be reached and is an elusive goal, rather like the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Now we have the tin eared pied piper taken us down a road to tragedy for some.

I hope the Oxford trial finds ivermectin is a therapy that can be used to save many.
D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got local MP saying we're top in London, oh joy.
And only at 35‰ fully vaxxed.

Start prepping for yet another too late lockdown, once they get back off their jollies, sadly.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought some of you might be interested in my snake. Well not really mine, but lives in my hedge. Apparently it's an uncommon one - the Aesculapian Snake. ( Hope that's the correct spelling) very similar in appearance and habits to a grass snake, except this one has round pupils and likes to climb. It's over a metre long. Sadly I wasn't able to post the video. Photos are nowhere near as good. View attachment 50453

cant say i'm a lover of snakes, @SlimLizzy

but i did google to find out more..

seems it is endangered in Germany, and protected status in France.

i do like you seem ok with it, so it has a chance to be at rest around you.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought some of you might be interested in my snake. Well not really mine, but lives in my hedge. Apparently it's an uncommon one - the Aesculapian Snake. ( Hope that's the correct spelling) very similar in appearance and habits to a grass snake, except this one has round pupils and likes to climb. It's over a metre long. Sadly I wasn't able to post the video. Photos are nowhere near as good. View attachment 50453
That is a good photo @SlimLizzy
I cannot post videos either...

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a somewhat undecided start there in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of who crossed the plate first, chicken and eggs, came in at 5.2 this am
A day of pottering yesterday, washing bike, a bit of chain lube, will my helmet fit into a pannier - yes it will. Parasols a weigh in the afternoon - you dance for the sun and then when it arrives, hide in the shade. Bin men were late yesterday and only took the recycling. Message on the council website saying that garden waste will have to wait because of crews isolating.

Art bit, ink on rice paper. Hope that your Thursday is a good one, unless of course your day is late, or early. Koffy.

upload_2021-7-15_6-48-55.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
A beautiful day of azure skies out side the window and I am just waiting for the duchess to make a cuppa so we can face the day.
Just got a small section of garden to mow this am then it can last for a couple of weeks until I get over the cataract op.

This new mower is impressive but I dont think much to fixed speed mowers with no throttle control, one goes round the garden like a blue rumped fly!
D.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A beautiful day of azure skies out side the window and I am just waiting for the duchess to make a cuppa so we can face the day.
Just got a small section of garden to mow this am then it can last for a couple of weeks until I get over the cataract op.

This new mower is impressive but I dont think much to fixed speed mowers with no throttle control, one goes round the garden like a blue rumped fly!
D.
Mower doubling up as gym equipment?

lindisfel

Expert
Got local MP saying we're top in London, oh joy.
And only at 35‰ fully vaxxed.

Start prepping for yet another too late lockdown, once they get back off their jollies, sadly.

I think they must know, as I am beginning to think, they cannot stop it with the delta.

However, any lock down would be so painful they think we may as well let it rip and pretend we are back to normal.

The question is how many deaths will be tolerated by government and how for us, the responsible vulnerable, can we protect ourselves during this coming peak.

D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this lovely sunny morning. Summer is here at last.

Was just reading about the chaos at Heathrow caused by the NHS Covid app. Apparently so many security staff are off work because they have been pinged and are having to self isolate. A nightmare for anyone going on holiday at the moment.

A staycation, relaxing in our garden or conservatory with trips out to our favourite National Trust properties has never been so appealing.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. I'm still testy but having a glucose testy resty. Summer appears to have been burglarised but could be reclaimed by tomorrow. Charming painter and decorator splashing it all over today. I'm not tackling landings and stairs even if the supervet works on human backs. Next move will - God willing- be a bungalow in my homeland. Hugs for those in areas with rising numbers of the Wooster variant - that really isn't meedja doom and gloom btw. A second grandson will arrive August 2nd by the Grace of God. Take it easy with that grass cutting at @lindisfel. Thank you for the art @dunelm. My body definitely misses the 3-4 hrs lawn mowing and strimming per week. Hauling a petrol mower back up a steep ditch side or using the monster hedge trimmer raised HR somewhat. Great fbg lately @Krystyna23040. Ah, Thursday. Bin day and I don't wear makeup on Thursday. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fbg lately
You are right - my fbg is better now than it has ever been since diagnosis. I am cautiously optimistic that prioritising protein will, over time, repair the damage that years of eating starchy sugary carbs has caused.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a somewhat undecided start there in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of who crossed the plate first, chicken and eggs, came in at 5.2 this am
A day of pottering yesterday, washing bike, a bit of chain lube, will my helmet fit into a pannier - yes it will. Parasols a weigh in the afternoon - you dance for the sun and then when it arrives, hide in the shade. Bin men were late yesterday and only took the recycling. Message on the council website saying that garden waste will have to wait because of crews isolating.

Art bit, ink on rice paper. Hope that your Thursday is a good one, unless of course your day is late, or early. Koffy.

View attachment 50463
A great painting @dunelm
Oh dear for the garden waste waiting another week or two...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

D.
How the heck do you turn corners on a fixed speed mower @lindisfel
I would want a throttle....
t0245.gif

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Just been to my village philately postmaster for some new stamps. But I was early, so went in the church graveyard at the back, Had a few conversations with some of the residents walking through...

Back to the post office. Got some nice stamps. Had a few more conversations. Apart from the postmaster who I know, all the other people were friendly strangers. I think this is the most conversations I have had in the space of an hour and a half since lockdowns began a year and a half ago.

Back home now. Cat wants his morning walk and I want a sleep! I will be back in a bit when I have sorted cat out and taken some photos of him...