Introduce Yourself: Answer Some Personal Questions

azariy

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you male or female?
- Which country are you from?
- Which city/area do you live in?
- Are you religious?
- Pick three words to describe your personality.
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
- Do you get angry easily?
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
- What is your favourite flag?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Which countries have you visited?
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes.
- List your five favourite films.
- A employee monitoring re you wealthy?
- Do you work? If so, as what?
- List the subjects you study/have studied.
- What do you like most about yourself?
- What do you like least about yourself?

Have fun!
My name is Azariy, I am almoust 21 yo. Male. From UK, London. No, I'm not. Creative and open-minded. I have 2 rats. I am IOS user. Don't play any sports, I am overweight. I get furious easily. Don't have. Jungle. RAP. NONE. Unfortunatelly, no. Luckily, no. No. I was only on Malta. London. Not a TV-user. Cruella. Yes, I am wealthy. No, I have father, he works. I wasn't really studying at school. I like my openess and dislike my body :(

Reactions: HurricaneHippo

geoffrey20520

Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
Geoff
- How old are you?
Male
England
Somerset
- Are you religious?
Kind of, i dip in and out of a number of faiths
Introspective, searching, creative
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Both
None currently
The opposite really, quite placid
None
John Renbourn, any British folk revival guitar player and most alt-American bands
Traditional
?? Dont study flags
- Ever gone camping?
Often
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
India, Morocco, Nepal, most of western Europe
- Favourite city?
Varanasi
Only watch most tv passively, no favourites, a bit like I have no favourite supermarkets
Too many to prioritise, directors I like include most Spanish film directors ( Amoldevar, Amenabar, Bunuel etc )
- Are you wealthy?
No
Retired psychiatric nurse
Nursing, photography, some religions
Enquiring when functioning out in the world
Passivity when I am not

I have joined the forum to regain control over my type 2 diabetes. During lockdown sugar levels have increased ( a1c 90 4 months ago, now down to 60 ), neuropathy worsening in my feet. I need to revisit all areas of my treatment and attitude to my diabetes. Hoping this forum can help.

Last edited:

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
Geoff
- How old are you?
Male
England
Somerset
- Are you religious?
Kind of, i dip in and out of a number of faiths
Introspective, searching, creative
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Both
None currently
The opposite really, quite placid
None
John Renbourn, any British folk revival guitar player and most alt-American bands
Traditional
?? Dont study flags
- Ever gone camping?
Often
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
No
India, Morocco, Nepal, most of western Europe
- Favourite city?
Varanasi
Only watch most tv passively, no favourites, a bit like I have no favourite supermarkets
Too many to prioritise, directors I like include most Spanish film directors ( Amoldevar, Amenabar, Bunuel etc )
- Are you wealthy?
No
Retired psychiatric nurse
Nursing, photography, some religions
Enquiring when functioning out in the world
Passivity when I am not

I have joined the forum to regain control over my type 2 diabetes. During lockdown sugar levels have increased ( a1c 90 4 months ago, now down to 60 ), neuropathy worsening in my feet. I need to revisit all areas of my treatment and attitude to my diabetes. Hoping this forum can help.
A big welcome from one of the converted (even though I'm only a month into it) You will find so many friendly and helpful people at your fingertips with this great Forum :)

Mandyque

- What is your name? Mandy
- How old are you? 49
- Are you male or female? female
- Which country are you from? England
- Which city/area do you live in? Teesside
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Music, festivals, collecting records
- Do you have any pets? no
- Microsoft or Apple? Currently chromebook, so Google!
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Don't like sports
- Do you get angry easily? I get angry at injustic all the time, but I lose my temper rarely
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Piercings - nose and ears, tattoos on back, legs, arms
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Queens of the Stone Age, Prodigy, Belle and Sebastian, Portishead, New Order
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? I like lots of genres, I can't pick one favourite
- What is your favourite flag? the LGBTQI+ rainbow flag! I'm straight but I try hard to be an ally.
- Ever gone camping? Yes, at festivals mostly
- Ever been in love? I thought I was once. Been divorced and single a looooong time now!
- Ever used fake tan? Nope
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales, France
- Favourite city? Manchester
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Handmaid's Tale, Parks and Recreation, Casualty, The Last Leg, The Day Today
- List your five favourite films. Rocky Horror Picture Show, Trainspotting, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Glastonbury the movie
- Are you wealthy? I wish!
- Do you work? If so, as what? I'm an unpaid parent carer
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Since leaving school I've done a photography course but I haven't really got any qualifications
- What do you like most about yourself? My taste in music!
- What do you like least about yourself? My body.

Reactions: Antje77

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
- What is your name? Mandy
- How old are you? 49
- Are you male or female? female
- Which city/area do you live in? Teesside
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Music, festivals, collecting records
- Do you have any pets? no
- Microsoft or Apple? Currently chromebook, so Google!
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Don't like sports
- Do you get angry easily? I get angry at injustic all the time, but I lose my temper rarely
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? Piercings - nose and ears, tattoos on back, legs, arms
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Queens of the Stone Age, Prodigy, Belle and Sebastian, Portishead, New Order
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? I like lots of genres, I can't pick one favourite
- What is your favourite flag? the LGBTQI+ rainbow flag! I'm straight but I try hard to be an ally.
- Ever gone camping? Yes, at festivals mostly
- Ever been in love? I thought I was once. Been divorced and single a looooong time now!
- Ever used fake tan? Nope
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales, France
- Favourite city? Manchester
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Handmaid's Tale, Parks and Recreation, Casualty, The Last Leg, The Day Today
- List your five favourite films. Rocky Horror Picture Show, Trainspotting, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Glastonbury the movie
- Are you wealthy? I wish!
- Do you work? If so, as what? I'm an unpaid parent carer
- List the subjects you study/have studied. Since leaving school I've done a photography course but I haven't really got any qualifications
- What do you like most about yourself? My taste in music!
- What do you like least about yourself? My body.
Hello and Welcome Mandy! I hope you soon feel at home here with us all. :)

Last edited:

Mandyque

Hello and Welcome Mandy! I hoe you soon feel at home here with us all. :)
Thanks Coby, this is all new to me so I'm just trying to absorb a little bit of information at a time. I've had hypoglycaemia since I was in my 20s, it's just recently tipped over into type 2 and now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and have a long journey to go I think.

geoffrey20520

A big welcome from one of the converted (even though I'm only a month into it) You will find so many friendly and helpful people at your fingertips with this great Forum :)
Thanks Coby. I think its a great place to start every morning to focus and think about the day, planning how to get the BG down again. A lot of resources here, not least the friendliness of the members!

Reactions: coby

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Coby, this is all new to me so I'm just trying to absorb a little bit of information at a time. I've had hypoglycaemia since I was in my 20s, it's just recently tipped over into type 2 and now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and have a long journey to go I think.
Everyone perfectly understands that feeling. We all feel overwhelmed and a bit scared initially, but it's 'the unknown' that scares us. When we start to make sense of al the advise we feel so much more confident, believe me! x

Minny9

Hello all. I stumbled upon this site today and felt compelled to join the community! I am 53, diagnosed as a Type-1 in February, 1991, and live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC, Canada (that said, my father was born near Exeter in 1938 before moving to Canada as a 10-year-old, and my late wife's father emigrated to Canada from Scotland at a young age, too, so I don't feel it too inappropriate to be posting to diabetes.co.uk). LOL!

Rather than listing off a series of answers to the "introduce yourself" questionnaire, I prefer to give a few more relevant and telling facts about me and my experiences. I hope that's okay!

As noted, I am a widower, having lost my wife to cancer in December, 2016, when we were both 49. She passed away just 8 months after her diagnosis, and after 23 years together (19 years married), her loss has easily become the single biggest sudden & unexpected change to my life, supplanting even my diabetes diagnosis when I was 23 and less than a year out of University. It's amusing to me how much more resilient and adaptable we are in our formative years, a time when you are always looking forward, and know -- or more accurately, assume -- you have more years ahead of you than you have behind you...

This applies to my life as a diabetic, too. I have been a Type-1 for 30 years, having been diagnosed at age 23. I don't remember what it's like not to be living with diabetes. The challenge for me now is living alone, and without my "safety net" (for that is what my wife often was during some low blood sugar episodes, both minor and severe). I have always respected my condition, and thankfully have not developed any directly relatable health complications from my diabetes. I still play competitive ice hockey (remember, I'm Canadian), cycle, and play a lot of tennis recreationally. These activities have served me very well for many years, and I attribute my relative good health to being active.

Unfortunately, keeping really tight control has led to several severe lows over the years, including a few nighttime events that required my wife to call an ambulance. As I'm sure some of you have experienced, there is nothing more humiliating than waking from a seizure to a room full of paramedics and firemen! Anyway, despite all the emotional upheaval that I continue to work through after losing my wife, and adjusting to a life on my own that I never wanted or imagined, my diabetes just doesn't care about any of that. It is always there, and will still on occasion remind me in a rude and uncaring way that it is not going away. Which leads me to the real reason I came upon this site -- I was curious to know if there are any others who have lived numerous years (decades?) as a Type-1 who face similar challenges while living alone. I am in the process of having my GP submit my application for a continuous blood sugar monitor. For many years, I hated the thought of having some device affixed to me like a prosthetic. However, with age (and a new respect for the fragility of life) I have an appreciation for how this would assist me at those times when I slip dangerously low, especially now and for the years to come without my beloved "safety net" (love and miss you, babe). ❤❤

Thanks for welcoming me!

Steve

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello. I’m a 65 year old man. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes 2 (HbA1c 51) and I will be retested in a few weeks. I have also made modifications to my diet (Mediterranean). In addition to this my feet, toes and tips of my fingers tingle. This is unrelenting, particularly in my feet. I’m finding this difficult to contend with. Hence, any advise on how I can manage and/or make this more comfortable would be greatly appreciated …. Thank you, Nic
Hello. I’m a 65 year old man. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes 2 (HbA1c 51) and I will be retested in a few weeks. I have also made modifications to my diet (Mediterranean). In addition to this my feet, toes and tips of my fingers tingle. This is unrelenting, particularly in my feet. I’m finding this difficult to contend with. Hence, any advise on how I can manage and/or make this more comfortable would be greatly appreciated …. Thank you, Nic
Hi Nic! I'm sure you will have lots of response to welcome you, as well as people who know all about your present symptoms. When I was diagnosed the only symptom (apart from suddenly perfect vision!) was that, for a few months before diagnosis I had experienced 'fizzy fingertips' as I called them and had no idea what it was. You are actually the only other person I've spoken to with experience of this as a first symptom. Well mine went away within three or four months but I don't know if it was being placed on Metformin or lowering carbs in my diet. Maybe both? But I still had a higher than desirable carb intake at that time as I hadn't yet learned about the low carb/high fat diet and it's highway to success! I'm afraid I don't know about your feet issue as I only had it in the tips of my fingers. I wish you well and hope things start to improve now that you have found us!!!

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hello all. I stumbled upon this site today and felt compelled to join the community! I am 53, diagnosed as a Type-1 in February, 1991, and live in a suburb of Vancouver, BC, Canada (that said, my father was born near Exeter in 1938 before moving to Canada as a 10-year-old, and my late wife's father emigrated to Canada from Scotland at a young age, too, so I don't feel it too inappropriate to be posting to diabetes.co.uk). LOL!

Rather than listing off a series of answers to the "introduce yourself" questionnaire, I prefer to give a few more relevant and telling facts about me and my experiences. I hope that's okay!

As noted, I am a widower, having lost my wife to cancer in December, 2016, when we were both 49. She passed away just 8 months after her diagnosis, and after 23 years together (19 years married), her loss has easily become the single biggest sudden & unexpected change to my life, supplanting even my diabetes diagnosis when I was 23 and less than a year out of University. It's amusing to me how much more resilient and adaptable we are in our formative years, a time when you are always looking forward, and know -- or more accurately, assume -- you have more years ahead of you than you have behind you...

This applies to my life as a diabetic, too. I have been a Type-1 for 30 years, having been diagnosed at age 23. I don't remember what it's like not to be living with diabetes. The challenge for me now is living alone, and without my "safety net" (for that is what my wife often was during some low blood sugar episodes, both minor and severe). I have always respected my condition, and thankfully have not developed any directly relatable health complications from my diabetes. I still play competitive ice hockey (remember, I'm Canadian), cycle, and play a lot of tennis recreationally. These activities have served me very well for many years, and I attribute my relative good health to being active.

Unfortunately, keeping really tight control has led to several severe lows over the years, including a few nighttime events that required my wife to call an ambulance. As I'm sure some of you have experienced, there is nothing more humiliating than waking from a seizure to a room full of paramedics and firemen! Anyway, despite all the emotional upheaval that I continue to work through after losing my wife, and adjusting to a life on my own that I never wanted or imagined, my diabetes just doesn't care about any of that. It is always there, and will still on occasion remind me in a rude and uncaring way that it is not going away. Which leads me to the real reason I came upon this site -- I was curious to know if there are any others who have lived numerous years (decades?) as a Type-1 who face similar challenges while living alone. I am in the process of having my GP submit my application for a continuous blood sugar monitor. For many years, I hated the thought of having some device affixed to me like a prosthetic. However, with age (and a new respect for the fragility of life) I have an appreciation for how this would assist me at those times when I slip dangerously low, especially now and for the years to come without my beloved "safety net" (love and miss you, babe). ❤❤

Thanks for welcoming me!

Steve
Hi Steve. You live in a beautiful country! I have stayed there once with relatives from near to Montreal. I do hope you find someone with type 1 to compare notes (as they say) with. I am a type 2. However I do know the pain of losing your soulmate and partner in marriage so can relate wholeheartedly. I also went through the devastation of losing my only son two years ago, and one looks at life in a different way with these tragic losses. Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and I hope you enjoy being a member of this lovely and very informative site :)

FlatBunny

My hubby's just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, so he's obvs overwhelmed at the mo. My name is Emma, I'm female, 40 & we have 2 kids & a cat. We live in Devon in the UK . Microsoft & I'm pretty comp savvy. Spiritual. Both hubby & I also have Fibromyalgia. I have 1 tattoo. We're not wealthy but get by ok. I'm very eclectic with my music & love classical & heavy metal equally. I'm self employed as a face & body painter & hubby's a civil servant. I'm passionate - with that & PTSD it's gotten me into trouble more than once. I've been in love just over 20 years with hubby. I've studied photography, textiles & art. My fave actors are Mila Jojovich, Antony Hopkins & Benedict Cumberbatch. My fave kinds of films are horror, sci fi & fantasy. I've visited France, Germany, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Guernsey, Herm & Sark, Isle of Wight, Scotland - All b4 severe fibro. Been camping loads as been in Girl Guiding since Brownies & a Leader since I was 18. I love dance & enjoy cricket & basketball to play but can't anymore. Never used fake tan & never will. I'm a typical Pisces. My name means nurse in German. Oh, & when I tried to post a photo of me it won't, the only pic it would upload was a hot air balloon I took a picci of the other day!

Reactions: Antje77

Minshull

What is your name? Karl
- How old are you? 34
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which city/area do you live in? Lincolnshire
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Joker, laid back, friendly
- Do you have any pets? 4 cats, 1 dog
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Football. YNWA!
- Do you get angry easily? From time to time
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 8 tattoos. 3 on legs, 3 on arms 1 on my chest, 1 on my back.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Oasis, artic monkeys, Little man tate, Jamie Webster
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? Indie
- Ever gone camping? Being drunk with the lads, sleeping in a cemetery Chapel count?
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? Belgium, France, Spain, USA and Turkey
- Favourite city? Liverpool
- favourite TV programme. Only fools and horses
- List your five favourite films. To many to choose from. Can't beat a good Rocky film
- Do you work? If so, as what? Factory Manager

Reactions: LaoDan

emmalis

What is your name? Emma
- How old are you? 42
- Are you male or female? Female
- Which city/area do you live in? Norfolk
- Are you religious? No
Crafty, loving, moody
- Do you have any pets? 2 fish, 2 parrots
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Watching rugby, watching world sports like Olympics/Paralympics
- Do you get angry easily? From time to time
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? 3 ear piercings. Dolphin tattoo on my back right shoulder, and heart tattoo with kids names on my left forearm
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Oasis, Whitney, the wknd, fallout boy, wet wet wet
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? 90's or anything I can sing along too
- Ever gone camping? Yes
- Ever been in love? Yes
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? Scotland, Wales, Spain, Greece, Holland
- Favourite city? Norwich
- favourite TV programme. Line of Duty
- List your five favourite films. To many to choose from but classics like Dirty Dancing, Pretty Woman, Top Gun & I guess Marvel films too
- Do you work? No I'm a stay home parent to 3 girls.

FreddyHoops

HI!

I'm Freddy, nice to meet you all!

I am 26 from London and training to become a teacher.

I have 2 cats and play D&D as a hobby.

Exited to be on the form, it was suggested by a friend as a good source of information.

See ya around!

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
HI!

I'm Freddy, nice to meet you all!

I am 26 from London and training to become a teacher.

I have 2 cats and play D&D as a hobby.

Exited to be on the form, it was suggested by a friend as a good source of information.

See ya around!
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you will ask lots of questions ... however silly you may think they are .. as there's always someone who has experienced whatever it is. :)

wagshow

This thread will hopefully let us to get to know one another better and allow us to see which users we might share similarities with. I've listed a set of questions below that you can answer to tell us more about yourself. By no means do you have to answer all of them, and if you feel like adding further information, feel free.

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name?
- How old are you?
- Are you religious?
- Do you have any pets?
- Microsoft or Apple?
- Ever gone camping?
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan?
- Favourite city?
- Are you wealthy?

Have fun!

Is it necessary to answer these questions?

Last edited: