What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a dull and garden already watered morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something vaguely Italian with chicken, tomatoes and parmesan (the vaguely bit) came in at 4.8 this am

Thursday this week - nul points. Dull, like a mild curry for infants. Bike collected by the bike collection bloke - anyone want to rent half a garage? Girl in the bubble in the afternoon spiced things up - how many brightly coloured plastic balls can you keep moving in the garden? It was like being at a Harry Kane fitness workout at the Babbacombe Model Village.

Another tree this morning - I am enjoying trees at the moment. Hope that everyone has a pain free day, koffy time.

upload_2021-8-20_6-18-12.jpeg

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still alive. Last few weeks of BBC contract coming up but no news on the contract rolling on so hoping for the best but preparing for lean times as contract, tenants leaving late mother's bungalow and govt help for the self-employed all coming to an end in September.

Giving Libre one last chance (to use up ones I have paid for) from September but have found them to flatline within the first week and I just cannot justify spending £50 a pop on it anymore. Especially if I am going to be unemployed again.
Hamsterwheel of feast or famine is getting too exhausting.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Welcome back @RFSMarch good luck in your search for gainful employment.

A 5.8 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery.

Update on Mrs J her operation went well yesterday and hopefully I can bring her home later today, hopefully you may well ask, the washing basket is full and I don't intend learning how to use it. Unfortunately I now have spend most of this morning clearing up the mess I made in the kitchen, yes I am nearly domesticated.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay well and stay safe.
Now I must go and look up how to clear up a kitchen on YouTube.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. We are off to Oxburgh Hall this morning and then have booked lunch at the 20 Church Wardens. A really old fashioned pub that does good home cooked food.

Am looking forward to our walk around Oxburgh and then our meal out. A really relaxing day. The dogs will enjoy it also.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

we decided we would still go out to dine in the usual cafe even though we hadn't been volunteering ;)
very tasty as usual :D

followed it up with a village walk and then spent the earlier part of the evening on the next trial of LCish chutney. Mum had 4 or 5 plums she had bought which she found rather firm and sour (she likes her fruit very soft and sweet :hilarious: ) so instead of binning them as she suggested I brought them home.

By reading various chutney recipes it seems to me you can make chutney out of most fruit.

As per my experience last time (the rhubarb chutney, a light, tart chutney), I used shallots instead of onion, finely sliced and caramelised them with the spices first (I used a couple of slices of ginger and some cinnamon), then added the plums and a small amount of sweetener and ACV and cooked the resulting gloop down gently, took out the spices then I tasted and added a little bit more ACV and sweetener until I was happy with the taste balance, left it for a couple more minutes to amalgamate and then left it to cool. Mr gee likes it ;) it's 'darker and fuller' tasting and would go well with something fairly robust flavour wise I think. Good thing about making your own is you can make quite a small quantity at a time.

@lindisfel - Neptune? perhaps, but he'd have to hold pretty still :D

@Krystyna23040 - sounds like an good day :)

@dunelm - glad the test came back negative, it looks as though we're going to be hearing that *ping noise for some time to come :sorry:

Lovely stately trees in today's painting and looks a relaxing place to read, almost idyllic :)

@ianpspurs - that's a shapely hunk of brisket :)

@gennepher - Popeye is looking handsome today and he does indeed have fine whiskers :)

art bit - best rainbow I've managed so far I think :joyful:
painted on Bockingford paper, I do like this paper so I've ordered some more ;)

View attachment 50858
I love your painting. I could just imagine a peaceful and relaxing walk around the coastline.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still alive. Last few weeks of BBC contract coming up but no news on the contract rolling on so hoping for the best but preparing for lean times as contract, tenants leaving late mother's bungalow and govt help for the self-employed all coming to an end in September.

Giving Libre one last chance (to use up ones I have paid for) from September but have found them to flatline within the first week and I just cannot justify spending £50 a pop on it anymore. Especially if I am going to be unemployed again.
Good to see you back. Hopefully your BBC contract will be renewed and you get new tenants for the bungalow.

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a dull and garden already watered morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of something vaguely Italian with chicken, tomatoes and parmesan (the vaguely bit) came in at 4.8 this am

Thursday this week - nul points. Dull, like a mild curry for infants. Bike collected by the bike collection bloke - anyone want to rent half a garage? Girl in the bubble in the afternoon spiced things up - how many brightly coloured plastic balls can you keep moving in the garden? It was like being at a Harry Kane fitness workout at the Babbacombe Model Village.

Another tree this morning - I am enjoying trees at the moment. Hope that everyone has a pain free day, koffy time.

View attachment 50863
I am glad you are enjoying and continuing doing trees @dunelm
Brilliant!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi! Great to see you @RFSMarch
I will hope the best for you that feast continues!

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Welcome back @RFSMarch good luck in your search for gainful employment.

A 5.8 this morning on that scheming meter of mystery.

Update on Mrs J her operation went well yesterday and hopefully I can bring her home later today, hopefully you may well ask, the washing basket is full and I don't intend learning how to use it. Unfortunately I now have spend most of this morning clearing up the mess I made in the kitchen, yes I am nearly domesticated.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers stay well and stay safe.
Now I must go and look up how to clear up a kitchen on YouTube.
I am glad all is well with Mrs J @alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I gave the cat a reprieve last night. No photos!
It was dull cloud early this morning, and so I took a photo through the glass door to outside. The silhouette J bought me, maybe 20 years ago...

FD152542-9000-470E-8B8E-F290F97F10FF.jpeg

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning everyone I haven't been on here for ages never seen to have the time to read all the posts :). Decided to come back on here because it's so much more interesting and at least you don't get put on the "naughty step " for having a discussion:angelic:. Blood sugars have been much better controlled over the last months now average out in the 6's with some ( if rare 5's) and a few ( wish they were rarer ) 7's . This morning had a 6.5 . Yesterday morning had a 4.7 which was very weird though did test twice .

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late welcome to Friday better known as SuperSalmonSaladDay. To avo or not to avo? An unwelcome 5.8 from Swipey for my fbg. Swipey just being Swipey, similar but lesser version of Julie's virus, fairly typical red meat and red wine reaction or just the random workings of T2? All other markers I watch really good. I'm becoming more convinced that bg isn't especially well associated with my wellbeing. Jury's out on red meat and red wine. Having an A1c which keeps Drs sweet is probably all I can do but a very hard "weening" process mentally. Good to hear from you @RFSMarch but hugs for uncertain times. What a competitor you are. Great piece of art @geefull and fantastic news on #chutneygate and the cafe and meal being just as you wanted. @Krystyna23040 enjoy your day at Oxburgh and the splendidly named eaterie. @dunelm your time with the GITB sounds magical yet again. @alf_Josiah good news on Mrs AJ and no one falls for that farrago about your domestic incompetence. Mrs A J wouldn't tolerate that for a second never mind all these years. Muddy cyclist is well, celebrated 49th wedding anniversary yesterday, still cycling, painting and music making - an upcoming gig. We have an extra childcare day and visit to an indoor playcentre. Stay as safe as possible but one just can't see things coming these days.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morning everyone I haven't been on here for ages never seen to have the time to read all the posts :). Decided to come back on here because it's so much more interesting and at least you don't get put on the "naughty step " for having a discussion:angelic:. Blood sugars have been much better controlled over the last months now average out in the 6's with some ( if rare 5's) and a few ( wish they were rarer ) 7's . This morning had a 6.5 . Yesterday morning had a 4.7 which was very weird though did test twice .

Oh the naughty step, you can get put on it here also, but in my case for using perceived naughty words, interesting game at times. Enjoy the banter.

@ianpspurs and all
Mrs J is now home drinking tea and issuing instructions and thanks you all for all your kind thoughts.
Now I have been instructed to get off my posterior and make her lunch.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
20.08 FBG 5.2
Has anyone in the UK come across this type of wine bottle stopper?
20210819_214913.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Nice to see you back. Hope that your contract rolls on or something else pops up. Getting other tenants should not be a problem - I hope.