What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You'll be fine. This may be slightly better than @dunelm's Guessing Grannie. I liked the part attached as an image but probably only because I have 0 idea what the bleep is going on with the Pbod. As for her meal ideas, the Starbucks breve latte and salmon are about all I would (willingly) inflict on my taste buds - some would need gunpoint. The alleged scientific basis may appeal to some here. Hopefully some of it will be helpful to you or someone else.
Yeh, but all those graphs left over from the Bill and Ben daily briefing on the Beeb.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.1 for me
FB_IMG_1526014679071.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado and ham salad came in at 5.3 this am

Girl in the bubble yesterday - picked her up from nursery, she now has two sessions a week and quite likes it. Zoom call with PPG and the flue clinic is all go - 700 this Saturday and 1300 the following Saturday. Boosters are going ahead, one session a month, taking over space at the local PCN Hub - they have the freezers.
Wedding this weekend so we are off at about lunchtime, returning Sunday - what fun. We have been told that it’s a cash bar only on Saturday night - must remember to forget my wallet.
More experimenting with the soapy paper and inks - have a fabulous Friday, time for a koffy.

upload_2021-9-24_6-33-15.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado and ham salad came in at 5.3 this am

Girl in the bubble yesterday - picked her up from nursery, she now has two sessions a week and quite likes it. Zoom call with PPG and the flue clinic is all go - 700 this Saturday and 1300 the following Saturday. Boosters are going ahead, one session a month, taking over space at the local PCN Hub - they have the freezers.
Wedding this weekend so we are off at about lunchtime, returning Sunday - what fun. We have been told that it’s a cash bar only on Saturday night - must remember to forget my wallet.
More experimenting with the soapy paper and inks - have a fabulous Friday, time for a koffy.

View attachment 51288
Wonderful, the soapy paper and inks @dunelm
Have a great weekend!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning. Weather was glorious yesterday - hopefully another sunny day today.

Still reading my salt book. Apparently a low carb diet, drinking coffee and being active causes you to excrete a lot of salt. Since upping salt resting heart rate is normal, no cramps, no more dizziness when I bend over and no cold hands and feet - which I usually have even in the summer. I never realised that going low on salt caused all these things.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.0 this morning. Weather was glorious yesterday - hopefully another sunny day today.

Still reading my salt book. Apparently a low carb diet, drinking coffee and being active causes you to excrete a lot of salt. Since upping salt resting heart rate is normal, no cramps, no more dizziness when I bend over and no cold hands and feet - which I usually have even in the summer. I never realised that going low on salt caused all these things.
That is all very interesting @Krystyna23040
I never subscribed in the first place to this virtually no salt regime. I would get the salt pot grabbed off me by a fellow diner if I was eating out, and being told salt was unhealthy. All I ever wanted was a few grains of salt, I never poured it on my food.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7 35am FBG lo....
Tried again with a different pot of test strips, thanks for the advice @alf_Josiah .
7.37am FBG 5.3 phew.
The salon is becoming more of a room than a building site. Yesterday MrSlim painted the back wall of the fireplace in preparation to install the new wood burner. Paint feels as if we are actually getting somewhere, but ofc there is still a huge amount to do before it will be a useable room, never mind actually finished and furnished.
Today i am pressing on regardless of the test results, infection is cleared, but apparently am a little low on red blood cells and desperately low on the white ones. Perhaps this accounts for my persistently low energy levels.
So minor adjustments to diet, Clementines in the fruit bowl and chicken livers more often, let's hope that is sufficient.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from another extended summer's day in Forest Heath. Yee Haw. Swipey offered up a 4.9 this morning. A tad (> .5?) high but I can work with that better than the +>2s of late. Could be due to some tweaks pushing me down to 11 gms carb but could also be shirt/skirt colour, lucky socks or anything else. Probably best to recite IF when pondering one's bg level. I'm content to thank God and shall do so heartily before, during and after my salmon on SSSF. Elsie 0 Prayer - unbeatable. Physio referral Wednesday. I'm hoping for exercises and gym membership but would be delighted with some surgery - need that supervet really. I'd also be delighted to stay at a BMI of 22 and add lean muscle. Super sunflower @gennepher. Interesting news on flu and booster jabs @dunelm. The nursery run is fun for all especially the virus/illness lottery. Cash bar?:bigtears: @Krystyna23040 brilliant fbg and fascinating points about salt. Time to fire up the Himalayan pink grinder again. Go well brothers, sisters, non cisgendered, non binary, self defined, don't know and any other category I have missed overnight. Sorry fruitcakes these things are real however much you pretend otherwise.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a little awkward Mr Shapps. More tea? Another slice of fruitcake? Why must my children and grandchildren pay the price for that oversized Dundee cake being in No 10? @Krystyna23040 yes, 'tis patently #sockgate.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-24 09.12.36.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-24 09.12.36.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just come back from getting some fresh caught fish in the early hours and sold by the fisherman himself.
But on way home, every garage forecourt full of vehicles and queuing into the roads.
No idea what the crisis was, but no chance of getting petrol so drove home. I have a quarter tank of unleaded...so I am 3/4 empty...and my fuel tank is only a small one...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, this is now the second attempt and final attempt at posting today, up date....now 3rd attempt and final again.

6.4 this morning.

Now giving up and going to find a brick wall to bang my head against, beware falling bricks.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That is all very interesting @Krystyna23040
I never subscribed in the first place to this virtually no salt regime. I would get the salt pot grabbed off me by a fellow diner if I was eating out, and being told salt was unhealthy. All I ever wanted was a few grains of salt, I never poured it on my food.
I think that my low salt habit started in my childhood. My mother was not a good cook and I think she never used salt. Our food was bland and tasteless. Horrible actually.
In the Salt Fix Book it says that if you have a low salt diet - when you do eat salty food it tastes really salty. It is the way the body signals that you need salt and that this is the food you should be eating.

Unfortunately, my brain has misinterpreted this and thinks that the food is too salty so I must stay away from it. My sister has exactly the same problem. What the book says is that when you have adequate salt intake this very salty taste goes away and that is exactly what is happening to me. Salt no longer tastes horrendously salty now I have upped my salt intake. It is really bizarre. I have been avoiding salt for so long and suddenly salt is making my food taste really nice.

• Informative
Reactions: ravensmitten

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7 35am FBG lo....
Tried again with a different pot of test strips, thanks for the advice @alf_Josiah .
7.37am FBG 5.3 phew.
The salon is becoming more of a room than a building site. Yesterday MrSlim painted the back wall of the fireplace in preparation to install the new wood burner. Paint feels as if we are actually getting somewhere, but ofc there is still a huge amount to do before it will be a useable room, never mind actually finished and furnished.
Today i am pressing on regardless of the test results, infection is cleared, but apparently am a little low on red blood cells and desperately low on the white ones. Perhaps this accounts for my persistently low energy levels.
So minor adjustments to diet, Clementines in the fruit bowl and chicken livers more often, let's hope that is sufficient.
Great news that changing to the new pot of test strips solved the problem.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for that. The problem is Blockhead's Brexit deal so shortage of HGV drivers. 10 days to save Christmas. Big queues snaking back from supermarkets.
This is all ridiculous, and was probably mostly solvable if action had been taken awhile ago @ianpspurs
This government are ostriches buying their heads in the sand waiting for any problems to go away...

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
This is all ridiculous, and was probably mostly solvable if action had been taken awhile ago @ianpspurs
This government are ostriches buying their heads in the sand waiting for any problems to go away...
They knew there were going to be problems and they knew this was developing just as they knew COVID was going to be a huge killer. Ideology and powerlust trump care for citizens. Pritti's ambition and Blockhead's boosterism have stopped rule changes (allowing temp. visas) until now. You take care. Buy popcorn (if they have any) and pull up a chair - unless y'all need to burn 'em for heating.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-24 15.42.15.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-24 15.42.15.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited: