What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs country fairs sound really scary, but not as scary as horse boarding. When are you posting the video of you horseboarding?

Hope Julie feels better soon.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher country fairs are fun but scary. Ratio of people carrying guns to those wearing masks >200:1. Hundreds of dogs and 20 acre parking field full of 4 x4s - mostly Land Rovers. No masks in food halls - I only saw from the outside 20 metres away - no social distancing. Children's rides with hand sanitiser - largely unused - clear notices asking over 11s to wear masks. 3 ice creams £15:bigtears::bigtears: Came across a new sport which both myself and granddaughters loved - Horseboarding :angelic::angelic::angelic:.- Sky need a channel for that asap. 2 yo just under the height limit for shooting:angelic: Bought a chestnut and Ewe shepherds crook from these guys :woot::woot:

I haven't been to one since Covid @ianpspurs

Clay pigeon shooting snd all that stuff. I prefer a bow and arrow myself...
Horse boarding? Not seen that before!
I have a shepherd's crook :)
Your ewe one sounds nice...

I think I'll give it a miss this year...wait until it's safer...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to what I pray will be a peaceful and ideally wonderful 17th Sunday after Trinity. A small light is needed in the morning now (well from 5.00 am until almost 7.00 am+) along with a 2nd top until the first 2k steps. How long afore the indignity of jeans/trousers and all manner of swaddling for old foggies? Swipey seems to have Tiggeritis. Bouncing between 4.2, 6.0 and sensor unavailable - all completely believable. The 4.2 is nearer long term trend and carb intake, the 6 is more like the really weird last couple of months and unavailable is very trendy - do Libre readings need HGV drivers? Julie is still unwell so I shall reprise the salmon, salad and halloumi chips greatest hits:woot: and do as the C of E email enjoins me so to do - reflect on God's generosity. I suspect Spurs will show generosity in the NLD so I'mma envisioning a wee dram with NFL later. Please do take the very best care of yourselves chums.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Hi all,
A bit ropey overnight after third Pfizer but will be ok after a couple of paracetamol.
A very smooth operation at Wigton Cottage Hospital.

Weather this week for a Lakeland holiday has rain and cloud and showers everyday.forecast.
Warm at 19 today but colder through week.

Daughter No1 told us of a large group of friends sharing a house up Wasdale and one was ill second day. He was the only one who didn't do a lateral flow first. It turned out the whole party got the virus and some became quite poorly.

Be careful out there it's stalking the brave or foolish! Its reckoned by some we are all going to get it one day!

One thing is the Delta is so transmissible it's outcompeting all other variants.

D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
A bit ropey overnight after third Pfizer but will be ok after a couple of paracetamol.
A very smooth operation at Wigton Cottage Hospital.

Weather this week for a Lakeland holiday has rain and cloud and showers everyday.forecast.
Warm at 19 today but colder through week.

Daughter No1 told us of a large group of friends sharing a house up Wasdale and one was ill second day. He was the only one who didn't do a lateral flow first. It turned out the whole party got the virus and some became quite poorly.

Be careful out there it's stalking the brave or foolish! Its reckoned by some we are all going to get it one day!

One thing is the Delta is so transmissible it's outcompeting all other variants.

D.
Derek, please listen to this wise man. :angelic:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. We are off to Sheringham Park this morning. Hopefully the weather will improve as it is quite overcast at the moment.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Creative photography today.
A photo of a white circular thing on a hanger that I dry my socks on, against a white door.
Played in Snapseed. And here we are.
1D676881-CF69-4DD8-8789-DFE7E6D1F333.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. We are off to Sheringham Park this morning. Hopefully the weather will improve as it is quite overcast at the moment.
One day I we shall go to Sheringham Park. Big question is, will I need to take pouring cream or even veer orf and find a Starbucks fust? Julie likes good quality sausage rolls. I'mma hoping your recommendation is correct or I dread to think of the years of misery to come. Y'all have a great time, now. You hear me?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Drat, just lost today's post into the ether fellow posters, painters and gamers, and running short on time.

So a 6.2 today.

Stay safe, stay apart and think carefully about mixing petrol with chip fat to get more miles per galleon, wind power is the future.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Maybe don't overshare your flatulence issues young Alfred?. Thanks for the good wishes for Julie but apart from her discomfort this is a fairly ideal scenario imho.
Sorry to hear Julie is unwell Ian, that one got past me, I hope she is soon fighting fit again.
Derek

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to here Julie is unwell Ian, that one got past me, I hope she is soon fiting fit again.
Derek
Thanks Derek. Maybe just the fit, eh? Whilst I'm here, who knew? One major flaw with that piece is the very broken link twixt how food was produced in days of yore and what is now available within the budget of most. It ignores the issue of the taste of contemporary food which is inextricably bound up with that. I'm also not sure it green lights fat bombs and all manner of exogenous sat fat beyond that entailed inter alia.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon everyone from an bright and sunny noon here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of the morning after the wedding slid in at 4.9

Wedding went very well. We thought that it would be ruined until the obligatory punch up began outside the barn. All calmed down, possibly before it even began, by two hefty second row fwds and a flanker, cousins of the bride who sailed through the day and evening like a calm white floating red haired Boudica, smiling and chatting to all her guests. Nice B&B in Scarborough, must give it a good review on trip advisor.

A quick soapy sketch when we got home at about 11am, with lots of ironing between layers to speed it up. Hope you are all having a good day, wonder if there is a glass of white wine around?

upload_2021-9-26_12-38-45.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wedding went very well. We thought that it would be ruined until the obligatory punch up began outside the barn. All calmed down, possibly before it even began, by two hefty second row fwds and a flanker, cousins of the bride
View attachment 51311
So glad the old traditions aren't dying out ooop norf. Do they even have those positions in real rugby? - (league). Artwork looks spiffing as per. Do you have enough fuel for the homeward journey?

lindisfel

Expert
So glad the old traditions aren't dying out ooop norf. Do they even have those positions in real rugby? - (league). Artwork looks spiffing as per. Do you have enough fuel for the homeward journey?
Steve and Abigail won't go for a drink in a pub round here in Lord Bragg's birth place! It is too intimidating and they are Yorkshire, well her husband is, it can't be that bad since our Melvyn's mum and dad kept the Throstles Nest.
D