Progress report

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Met my target of 90kg this morning, pretty excited, still have some fat to lose. I’m going to target 80kg and see how it goes. Some pictures of my before and current

CAC14225-C8D2-48F0-981D-DBDEA5A65DB2.jpeg F9E04999-FD73-4B1E-9437-F407C066CFDF.jpeg 0FF2B3C8-601D-4DC2-8C14-216D1A1285D9.jpeg

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Met my target of 90kg this morning, pretty excited, still have some fat to lose. I’m going to target 80kg and see how it goes. Some pictures of my before and current

View attachment 51340 View attachment 51338 View attachment 51339
Brilliant results. Well done

I lost a lot of weight via cardio only, so only just catching up on the gym. But to be fair gyms were closed during that period so didn't have a lot of choice. Bit regretful as I wonder if the less toned areas could have been improved by more balanced regime. But never mind!

M

Member496333

Amazing. Do you do much fasting? I believe autophagy helps the body to break down and clear out a load of old junk. Might be a benefit for toning up quickly after losing so much weight.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Brilliant results. Well done

I lost a lot of weight via cardio only, so only just catching up on the gym. But to be fair gyms were closed during that period so didn't have a lot of choice. Bit regretful as I wonder if the less toned areas could have been improved by more balanced regime. But never mind!

Honestly, I don’t know if it’s better to lose weight then build up some muscle or not. Building muscle and losing fat are opposing, it added a lot of confusion, when I stalled, I didn’t know if I was gaining muscle or losing fat. My thought was, more muscle equals more glucose control. In reality I probably only gained a few pounds of muscle.. so in short, your way is probably better.

Donaldfr

Wow thats impressive. I am doing 16 8 with one salad and a few pieces of chicken or omelette with 10 kms walk everyday. I lost initially but stuck at 78 for nearly a month may be more. Bmi is in green. Still not disheartened but sometime i feel like i should have lost more especially when i see my plate of food at the end of day coz its tiny, but my sugars are well in control now so cant be too unhappy.

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Amazing. Do you do much fasting? I believe autophagy helps the body to break down and clear out a load of old junk. Might be a benefit for toning up quickly after losing so much weight.
I did a few fasts, longest was 72 hours, I feel they really helped. These days I’m toying with meal plans for maintenance.

Reactions: Member496333

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dam you look like a new man. Shame i can only give you one winner in this thread :). Before and after pictures like that inspire me to keep at it until i am back to normal, what ever my new normal is now :)

Reactions: Paul41

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly, I don’t know if it’s better to lose weight then build up some muscle or not. Building muscle and losing fat are opposing, it added a lot of confusion, when I stalled, I didn’t know if I was gaining muscle or losing fat. My thought was, more muscle equals more glucose control. In reality I probably only gained a few pounds of muscle.. so in short, your way is probably better.
Well rapid weight loss without muscle to replace leads to sagging in my case which I hate. It’s changing slowly and there is a lot worse out there but I can totally understand why people want tummy tucks after. Some are lucky in having elastic skin, mine, not so much

Don’t get me wrong, happy to be in my new frame but I think it’s worth knowing what can happen to be able to know options to try and mitigate and I think your approach is a good one.

weight conversion is hard as muscle vs fat doesn’t help on the scales, but that’s where you need to try and look objectively at how you look rather than the scales

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Looking great @LaoDan

Although the gyms were closed during lockdown , covid motivated me to ensure my diabetes and weight were the best possible as high HbA1C and high BMI seemed to be higher risk for more severe covid.
I spent a lot of time on the bike and running so mostly cardio. I confess it has been good to get back to the gym to do some weights after so long.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @LaoDan . Half the man you were, in a nice way. We started this journey about the same time, but I'm no gym bunny so I thank you for doing mine for me ;) . My lc and moderate exercise route is slower so I watch your fast track progress with envy and interest.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow thats impressive. I am doing 16 8 with one salad and a few pieces of chicken or omelette with 10 kms walk everyday. I lost initially but stuck at 78 for nearly a month may be more. Bmi is in green. Still not disheartened but sometime i feel like i should have lost more especially when i see my plate of food at the end of day coz its tiny, but my sugars are well in control now so cant be too unhappy.
It might be that you are eating too little and body has gone into starvation mode and is desperately clinging on to what it has. But if bmi is green, why do you want to lose more?
You can start your own thread if you like?