What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Stomach having its worst day yet. @Annb , I noticed you're not good either. You have my sympathy because nothing is helping me at the moment. I've finally also informed youngest grandson that I am not prepared to tolerate any more of his behaviour so, from now on, do this ....and this will happen and it will remain so until you can show consistent changes. It varies according to what he's done. I'm also not very popular with him because I've told his teacher how to deal with him in class too (and his Mum & Dad agree 100%). Personally, I reckon it's a ridiculous state of affairs that you have to give a teacher permission to confiscate items causing disruption or telling them any work not done in class send it home and it will be done as soon as he gets in. I'm beginning to wonder if stress is causing my acid issues.

More water a d really struggled to get to sleep.

You're sounding more and more like me all the time @maglil55. It could very easily be stress that is causing quite so many problems for you - you do seem to have so much to deal with. In my case, I don't think it is stress - just a dodgy tum that seems to object to many things and arthritis that stops me sleeping. As I suspected, the new insulin's effect lasted about a day and I'm going to have to up the doses again.

I decided on the lamb for my 2nd meal today. Stomach fizzing - probably because of the fat content, but it was good with some fried red onion to go with it.

Em phoned and asked if she could come to see me this afternoon - no problem, of course. Her Dad said he would pick her up again in about a couple of hours - after she'd had her fill of whatever she could find in my larder/freezer. She knew that I had one small tub of Hagen Daz vanilla ice cream in the freezer (I get Neil to buy them for her) and found some Kit Kat biscuits in the larder. Satisfied, she joined me in the big chair and told me that she wanted to come to me for a cuddle since her Mum wasn't feeling well and was in bed and her Dad was busy doing some DIY. So we spent a pleasant time cuddled together in the chair while she looked up her favourite You Tube sites on my little tablet. It was cold today, so a nice warm cuddle went down very well. She also says I make the best cup of tea that she ever had. It's hard not to warm to her - not that I try.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Will report later.
Made an oven dish but when I went to get it from the oven I found out the dish was still in the fridge. :bag:
Good thing we are way past the era where diabetics needed to eat on set times! :hilarious:

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a pretendy McMuffin on my CMT

recipechampions.com/recipe/keto-sausage-mcmuffin/

Looks good, a bit like an Oopsie bread muffin. It’s funny but I’ve never had a real egg McMuffin, nor wanted one, but I like making my own.
I also spotted a great looking mashed celeriac with bacon and cavolo Nero on your CMT - a sort of low carb bubble and squeak. It looks delicious

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks good, a bit like an Oopsie bread muffin. It’s funny but I’ve never had a real egg McMuffin, nor wanted one, but I like making my own.
I also spotted a great looking mashed celeriac with bacon and cavolo Nero on your CMT - a sort of low carb bubble and squeak. It looks delicious
I'm going to add another when I feel better - a Hassleback Aubergine. It's a bit like parmigiana but, not as wet, and done like a Hassleback potato.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Dr Snoddy - thanks for the concern. Acid attacks are not as bad today (Sunday) but still niggling away. If I have another bad night I'll be forced to try to get into Fort Knox. I noticed the comments on flu jabs as well. The GPs here are not doing them either. I have no idea what they are doing. We still don't have our appointment letters.
@Riva_Roxaban - we don't have issues with fuel on the east coast of Scotland. Glasgow area may be different. People just went on as normal. No panic buying at all.

Friday 1 October bed & FBG both 7.9

B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Bit roast chicken and salad. Couple of M&S crackers.

Youngest is definitely unhappy with me. Second day running he's brought school work home and he had to do it straight away plus he's managed to lose his lolly as well for the dogs abuse I got from him. He now needs to show consistent respect and manners to adults to earn his lolly back. He's particularly annoyed we're not arguing with him either and that Mum & Dad are 100% on board.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 2 October - bed 7.9 FBG 7.8 BGs a bit more settled.

I did a click & collect with Sainsbury's last night to just collect today rather than trail about shops when I don't feel great.

B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with scrambled egg.

L. Went to collect shopping the had 3 M&S crackers with salmon pate when I got back.

D. Cold meat again. 1 each pork, ox tongue and 6 of the mini German sausage. Lettuce, tomato, mini mozzarella and lots of water. Still didn't sleep well though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to add another when I feel better - a Hassleback Aubergine. It's a bit like parmigiana but, not as wet, and done like a Hassleback potato.

I’ll look forward to seeing that.
I do hope you start to feel better soon, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if stress was the root cause. I always get stomach issues with stress and it sounds as though you are having more than your fair share of it at the moment.

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Will report later.
Made an oven dish but when I went to get it from the oven I found out the dish was still in the fridge. :bag:
Good thing we are way past the era where diabetics needed to eat on set times! :hilarious:
All's well that ends well!
And it ended very well. :happy:

Was going to do something with the leftover leek and chicory from yesterdays failure, but upon halving the chicories I found only the outsides looked pretty, the insides were brown and yucky.
So I improvised with savoy cabbage, cooked with the leftover leek. Mixed that with some cream cheese with tomato flavour (something new from Lidl) in the casserole. Fried onion over that and topped with slices of spicy chorizo sausages (also a temporary Lidl thing) and cheese.

Very much worth the waiting, and enough left for tomorrow!

244458653_10224375209162162_8163535956914473355_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three bbq sausages, two egg cheese omelette, tomatoes, two slice of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Tub of the usual yoghurt, usual cordial with Osmolax added for smoko.
Fresh cooked tiger prawns, salad stuff, jelly and two ftuit for lunch.
Cheese and tomato toasted sandwiches for supper at six.

Finally got my weekly bgl average down to 5.9 since starting eating like this, now to get the three month one down. Hopefully I do not have to glug down any of that barium meal stuff again.

It's a public holiday today (Monday) queens birthday, I have to pay Blue Care more for my dressings on my leg today.

It will be a male nurse who only works weekends and public holidays. He is moonlighting from his usual job at a private practice, a great nurse and my partner likes to tease him as well.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Will report later.

Now that's the kind of thing I would do - my excuse is old age but you can't use that one.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Youngest is definitely unhappy with me. Second day running he's brought school work home and he had to do it straight away plus he's managed to lose his lolly as well for the dogs abuse I got from him. He now needs to show consistent respect and manners to adults to earn his lolly back. He's particularly annoyed we're not arguing with him either and that Mum & Dad are 100% on board.

Has something happened to cause this sudden onset of bad behaviour? Perhaps he thinks his brother is getting too much attention. It sounds so unlike the little boy you told us about before this.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Now that's the kind of thing I would do - my excuse is old age but you can't use that one.
Ah, but I was born that way, can't be held responsible for a congenital trait now, can I? :D

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Only coffee with cream for breakfast
Lunch, credited, and hommous, one ryvita with ham. Cup of tea.
2x tea in the afternoon which was spent cleaning some new to us modern chandeliers and wall lights. A very fiddly job. MrSlim is painting the salon, he is hoping to be moving furniture in by the end of the week. Probably a bit ambitious but I do understand the sense of urgency as the weather has turned cool and extremely wet. Our furniture stored in the barn will be at risk of attack from damp, mould and mice.
Am almost looking forward to November when the front of the house is to be reroofed.
Dinner, fish portion, few oven chips and peas. Panna Cotta. Two glasses of white wine.
Cleared up but stupidly remained in the kitchen reading.
One Clementine, another glass of wine and then opened a bag of grated cheese and started on that. Didn't need any of that.
Lemon tea at bedtime

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and dark chocolate almonds.
Dinner out, late wedding anniversary celebration: lamb loin chops, mushroom sauce, redcurrant gravy, green beans and a green side salad followed by berries and cream.
5A1A9FF8-9CF8-4F2B-A272-A8E192567213.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, but I was born that way, can't be held responsible for a congenital trait now, can I? :D

I had that trait from childhood, as well. The thing I repeatedly forget at the moment, is the dishwasher. I load it, put the detergent into it and am surprised a few hours later to find dirty dishes in the machine because I have forgotten to press the button to turn it on. At least, as yet, I haven't found my slippers in the freezer! I had an elderly friend who did that, after putting the milk under her bed! :)

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, using the remaining onions and dripping from yesterday's lamb .
Lunch: pea soup.
Extra: half defrosted strawberries and yoghurt kind-of ice cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed and FBG both 7.8

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast - one with coronation chicken, one with mashed egg.
L. Nothing
D. Made a beef and mushroom casserole in the IP and had it with sprouting cauliflower which I got in my order and another of the Lidl cauliflower souffle things (wish they kept them in stock and not just French week).

This was the worst day with my suspected gall bladder issue but it eased a bit at night thankfully!

I have also wasted 3 days of my life trying to download that useless vaccine passport so Hubby can go to the football. What a shambles! Thankfully I don't need to bother as I won't be anywhere that needs it. It told me about 60 times he didn't exist and every time you had to re-enter the biometric data (which also had a habit of kicking you out). Finally, this morning (Monday) it just appeared - no sign in, nothing. They really are incompetent. I have no idea what someone who doesn't have a passport or driving licence is supposed to do

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
2 pieces of filet steak, 3 fresh home grown tomatoes, 3 jelly babies.
It has been an unusual day.