What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful art @dunelm and stellar post. I'm hoping you really do make a low card A and W cake. That would be so "now." While I'm here I must thank God for a sublime few minutes on the exercise bike - which can now play chunes (built in speakers in the console for some workouts you can buy) from a really old ipod shuffle :woot: - thanks to this. Stick Elsie's food where no sun shines, exercise with chunes is the best part of T2 management for me.
Oops, for you Genn, whenever I may find you :angelic:
Thanks @ianpspurs
I appreciate you finding the words. I have not seen those words before.

It was curious to read that 'Emily' is about a belief (not an actual person). That makes it more poignant.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Really busy with new enquiries but I have been much better at making sure I have proper breaks. So, unsurprisingly, I don't feel as tired as I would normally.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
He doesn't want to leave me, and has no intention of passing the baton on to another cat
I think that is how Archie feels. He is 15 which is really old for a chocolate Labrador. It is lovely that both Popeye and Archie are still enjoying life.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Creative stuff this morning. I took a photo of a huge ball of turquoise 't' shirt strips for crocheting. Actually it's very useful for many jobs, including tying stuff up in the garden.

Played with it in Snapseed. It started as under 1MB in size, but by the time I finished it was over 9MB in size. So I have had to reduce it for here...

I was just playing with it until I stopped.

Popeye needs a lot of attention at the moment. We have had so many miracles this last year and a half with his health, and him 'coming back' each time. But he is 29 and a half...

He is doing his best trying to stick to his routines, doesn't want me to help however long it takes him (but obviously I am hovering over him).

Last night he managed to haul himself on my bed (he doesn't want lifting no matter how hard it is for him). Waited for me to do a couple of things on my iPad. I put that down. Then he wobbled over, settled himself under my chin for the guarding me all night position. I actually fell asleep. But each time he moved his body or head, I woke up and checked on him. I have long given up worrying about waking up with a dead cat under my chin. It has not happened yet. Then he woke me up with his paw this morning. He wanted to get off the bed to go to the bathroom. So I guided him off the bed and his wobbly way to his cat tray.

Then he wanted to go out to the potting shed. An emphatic NO from me. I would never find him if he crawled to a dark place in my overgrown garden. He knows I work on the iPad this time of day in my bed. So he wobbled slowly his way to the couch in the front room, managed to haul himself on it, and settled to sleep. Then I thought. I have a portable aromatherapy unit. I put rose and jasmine in. And placed it on the window ledge next to him. He has settled into a totally relaxed sleep.

I am in my bed drinking coffee now. And I can see my sparrows having an absolutely wild party at the feeders. They are so beautiful to watch, with all their aerial dances and play fights.

I am okay. This time is going to come for Popeye oneday. Popeye has come out of this before. Well I am not quite okay. I'm doing the caged tiger bit from room to room, and not a clue what I went in for.

So a creative something in Snapseed, whatever it is, until I am satisfied with it.

Now Jade stray cat is at the window asking for food...

25BA0634-B32C-4A56-BF22-A337E0F9C9F7.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Exciting times for someone. I'd use the money to help out those poor guys at Waitrose and fund my local MP's Keep it in yer trousers course - I'm just all heart you see.:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wonderful art @dunelm and stellar post. I'm hoping you really do make a low card A and W cake. That would be so "now." While I'm here I must thank God for a sublime few minutes on the exercise bike - which can now play chunes (built in speakers in the console for some workouts you can buy) from a really old ipod shuffle :woot: - thanks to this. Stick Elsie's food where no sun shines, exercise with chunes is the best part of T2 management for me.
Oops, for you Genn, whenever I may find you :angelic:
Thank you @ianpspurs - take it easy on that bike, they sometimes take you where you didn’t want to go

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Creative stuff this morning. I took a photo of a huge ball of turquoise 't' shirt strips for crocheting. Actually it's very useful for many jobs, including tying stuff up in the garden.

Played with it in Snapseed. It started as under 1MB in size, but by the time I finished it was over 9MB in size. So I have had to reduce it for here...

I was just playing with it until I stopped.

Popeye needs a lot of attention at the moment. We have had so many miracles this last year and a half with his health, and him 'coming back' each time. But he is 29 and a half...

He is doing his best trying to stick to his routines, doesn't want me to help however long it takes him (but obviously I am hovering over him).

Last night he managed to haul himself on my bed (he doesn't want lifting no matter how hard it is for him). Waited for me to do a couple of things on my iPad. I put that down. Then he wobbled over, settled himself under my chin for the guarding me all night position. I actually fell asleep. But each time he moved his body or head, I woke up and checked on him. I have long given up worrying about waking up with a dead cat under my chin. It has not happened yet. Then he woke me up with his paw this morning. He wanted to get off the bed to go to the bathroom. So I guided him off the bed and his wobbly way to his cat tray.

Then he wanted to go out to the potting shed. An emphatic NO from me. I would never find him if he crawled to a dark place in my overgrown garden. He knows I work on the iPad this time of day in my bed. So he wobbled slowly his way to the couch in the front room, managed to haul himself on it, and settled to sleep. Then I thought. I have a portable aromatherapy unit. I put rose and jasmine in. And placed it on the window ledge next to him. He has settled into a totally relaxed sleep.

I am in my bed drinking coffee now. And I can see my sparrows having an absolutely wild party at the feeders. They are so beautiful to watch, with all their aerial dances and play fights.

I am okay. This time is going to come for Popeye oneday. Popeye has come out of this before. Well I am not quite okay. I'm doing the caged tiger bit from room to room, and not a clue what I went in for.

So a creative something in Snapseed, whatever it is, until I am satisfied with it.

Now Jade stray cat is at the window asking for food...

View attachment 51549
Lovely bright colours - like a mad psychedelic party inside a bee hive with Richie Blackmore on his rainbow guitar. Difficult times for Popeye - he sounds just like my dad, all skin and bones, still doddering about and getting fed up if anyone offers help.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
9.10am how did I sleep so late? FBG 6.5
Too many biscuits again. If MrSlim didn't need them that cupboard would be empty as I would not buy cakes and biscuits for myself. So much easier when they are not always around.
Christmas stress is mostly self generated, I have been known to have Xmas panic in August some years. However now its the unavoidable ageing of parents and auntie that are pushing my buttons. Is this their last Christmas?
Then there is the work on the house.
Can't really push roof work any further back. We get far too much water ingress already and the really wet weather hasn't started yet. Ideally the roof would have been finished by now. Every dry day is a gift. There is no way it's going to stay dry for eight or ten weeks and one big storm could do a lot of damage to a very fragile roof.
Not so worried about the electrician, will eventually connect up the lights in the salon, and the heating for upstairs, I suppose we could manage without those and continue to use an extension lead, for light in the salon. At least we have the wood burner fitted now, so will be warm.
@gennepher hugs to you. Am sure Popeye appreciates the love you show in the care you give him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Too many biscuits again. If MrSlim didn't need them that cupboard would be empty as I would not buy cakes and biscuits for myself. So much easier when they are not always around.
Christmas stress is mostly self generated, I have been known to have Xmas panic in August some years. However now its the unavoidable ageing of parents and auntie that are pushing my buttons. Is this their last Christmas?
Can't really push roof work any further back. We get far too much water ingress already and the really wet weather hasn't started yet. Ideally the roof would have been finished by now. Every dry day is a gift. There is no way it's going to stay dry for eight or ten weeks and one big storm could do a lot of damage to a very fragile roof.
Not so worried about the electrician, will eventually connect up the lights in the salon, and the heating for upstairs, I suppose we could manage without those and continue to use an extension lead, for light in the salon. At least we have the wood burner fitted now, so will be warm.
@gennepher hugs to you. Am sure Popeye appreciates the love you show in the care you give him.

Hugs for all your Christmas stress @SlimLizzy

Thanks for Popeye's concern.
He has had the rose and jasmine aromatherapy mister on all day and has slept all day on the couch on my sheepskin...he is still not eating...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lovely bright colours - like a mad psychedelic party inside a bee hive with Richie Blackmore on his rainbow guitar. Difficult times for Popeye - he sounds just like my dad, all skin and bones, still doddering about and getting fed up if anyone offers help.
Thanks @dunelm
I imagine your dad can get cross if help is offered. Popeye doesn't want me to offer the help I think he needs...

lindisfel

Expert

Is it possible to put a large cover over the apex of the roof secured by ropes attached to weights. Like the stuff farmers use on stacks?
Perhaps you have a friendly farmer or builder can help?
You dont want the wind and rain getting in holes and your roof collapsing.
D.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Popeye slept on the couch all day. So I brought him to the bedroom at my bed time. He wasn't sure what I was doing. But as soon as he felt and smelt my bed, he knew his 'duties'.

The moment I lay down, he struggled to get up. And climbed on to my chest to sir upright on guard for me (as he always has done). You've seen the night time photos in the past. But the effort was too much and so he lay down under my chin, keeping nighttime guard position as best he could. And so I stroked and hugged him all night. His fur is so soft. And he purred.

This morning, he could not get off my bed, and so I lifted him down. And he surprised me with a soldier's march all the way to the front room, hauled himself on to the couch, and collapsed from all that effort. But at least he was in charge. I rearranged the sheepskins round him, and brought in the aromatherapy mister (of rose and jasmine), and my old phone on which I have downloaded a playlist of healing/reiki/sleep music. I did all this yesterday and he slept soundly all day.

So, a shower for me, coffee, done my creative bit (it's the plants in the bathroom played around in Snapseed), and now to catch a few hours sleep...

ACB14BCC-A072-4C88-B07A-33EA4B4BB09B.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a quiet and cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of stir fry veg and far too much cake came home at a ghastly 6.4 this am - I blame those sugar snap peas in the stir fry.

The kitchen continues to be sorted - anything not immediately required is being packed away. How do I know what may be required on the waft of a whim over the next few weeks - I may get the urge to use the sous vide wand or to use the rectangular omelette pan to make Tamagoyaki egg rolls. I spotted a whisk type thing in the back of a cupboard only the other day. I have never used it, but you never know. Dining room also this week, what fun. I think that by the time that Mrs Miggins has finished, there will be scant need of a removal lorry come moving day. Bin day again - when will it end? Sky is clearing, bits of blue offered between the dwindling clouds. Might be a splendid day.
Art bit - another soap wash - ink on pale yellow rice paper. Hope that everyone has at least some joy in your day. Time for koffy (starter of joy).
upload_2021-10-13_7-32-10.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee and will have another go at finishing a really difficult Suduko before leaving for my classes. Really nice that classes are local on a Wednesday.