What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.30am FBG 5.9
Weather continues fine, I should be out in the garden tidying up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What have we here then? Yet another Lesser Festival (since England only drew?) to mark the Translation of Edward the Confessor . Probably not foremost in the minds of those crosswaffled by disappearing kitchen tools previously essential darling, essential. Somehow life continues absent such tools or @SlimLizzy's presence in the garden. How very singular. My fbg was definitely 4.6 at 4.36 - don't even ask why I should know that. Slept on until 7.44 - powerful combination prayer and exercise. Bleep cold hereabouts these days so 6 months of wearing my own body weight in layer after layer of clothing - minus a week because Julie either "forgot to cancel" or is just stubborn as I think. Steps, tea, CWC, CCB and maybe daring to cut the lawn which is now looking good safely behind the metal fence. Let Joy be unconfined (she's actually my 2nd cousin, quite trim as it goes). Great art @gennepher (hug for Poppeye) and @dunelm. Best wishes for the Sudoko @Krystyna23040 - they would be in one of the more evil circles of hell along with cupcakes, Diet Dr recipes and Sci-fi . Anyone else noticed the striking resemblance twixt Baron (Upstairs?) David Frost and a slimy toad? Laters dudes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-13 10.28.19.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-13 10.28.19.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot 2021-10-13 11.06.17.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-13 11.06.17.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So that one week break from 73.48196394000001 (yep, that exact) kgs of clothes. JKP conveniently decided to forget that we would need to pay the whole cost of a Holiday to Cyprus whatever happened. The allure of breakfast poolside, in shorts, even for a week, champagne and all, is strong. Cypriot stats look good compared to uk - lots of Russians usually when we go, bit concerning. The hotel has been voted in top 30 resorts in Europe by Conde Nast readers, whatever that means. The airport and flights will be an issue - I really don't trust my fellow Brits English, sorry guys (put duplicitous clowns in charge, you get a malign circus). But c'mon. Forest Heath or the attached in Mid/late November? Risk and reward - the local supermarkets/schoolyard pickup/nursery pick up/childcare are all (high?) risk, no reward healthwise IMHO. Compare this and this with any well known UK supermarket. #hurryupwithjabbo3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-13 12.11.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-13 12.11.02.png
    376.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.10am how did I sleep so late? FBG 6.5
Too many biscuits again. If MrSlim didn't need them that cupboard would be empty as I would not buy cakes and biscuits for myself. So much easier when they are not always around.
Christmas stress is mostly self generated, I have been known to have Xmas panic in August some years. However now its the unavoidable ageing of parents and auntie that are pushing my buttons. Is this their last Christmas?
Then there is the work on the house.
Can't really push roof work any further back. We get far too much water ingress already and the really wet weather hasn't started yet. Ideally the roof would have been finished by now. Every dry day is a gift. There is no way it's going to stay dry for eight or ten weeks and one big storm could do a lot of damage to a very fragile roof.
Not so worried about the electrician, will eventually connect up the lights in the salon, and the heating for upstairs, I suppose we could manage without those and continue to use an extension lead, for light in the salon. At least we have the wood burner fitted now, so will be warm.
@gennepher hugs to you. Am sure Popeye appreciates the love you show in the care you give him.
Thanks @SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a quiet and cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of stir fry veg and far too much cake came home at a ghastly 6.4 this am - I blame those sugar snap peas in the stir fry.

The kitchen continues to be sorted - anything not immediately required is being packed away. How do I know what may be required on the waft of a whim over the next few weeks - I may get the urge to use the sous vide wand or to use the rectangular omelette pan to make Tamagoyaki egg rolls. I spotted a whisk type thing in the back of a cupboard only the other day. I have never used it, but you never know. Dining room also this week, what fun. I think that by the time that Mrs Miggins has finished, there will be scant need of a removal lorry come moving day. Bin day again - when will it end? Sky is clearing, bits of blue offered between the dwindling clouds. Might be a splendid day.
Art bit - another soap wash - ink on pale yellow rice paper. Hope that everyone has at least some joy in your day. Time for koffy (starter of joy).
View attachment 51556
That's the worst about moving @dunelm
You need what you have packed and thought you could do without for a bit, but find you can't...

I love these soap washes, both colour and black&white...
To me they are slightly more mystical, this black&white is...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What have we here then? Yet another Lesser Festival (since England only drew?) to mark the Translation of Edward the Confessor . Probably not foremost in the minds of those crosswaffled by disappearing kitchen tools previously essential darling, essential. Somehow life continues absent such tools or @SlimLizzy's presence in the garden. How very singular. My fbg was definitely 4.6 at 4.36 - don't even ask why I should know that. Slept on until 7.44 - powerful combination prayer and exercise. Bleep cold hereabouts these days so 6 months of wearing my own body weight in layer after layer of clothing - minus a week because Julie either "forgot to cancel" or is just stubborn as I think. Steps, tea, CWC, CCB and maybe daring to cut the lawn which is now looking good safely behind the metal fence. Let Joy be unconfined (she's actually my 2nd cousin, quite trim as it goes). Great art @gennepher (hug for Poppeye) and @dunelm. Best wishes for the Sudoko @Krystyna23040 - they would be in one of the more evil circles of hell along with cupcakes, Diet Dr recipes and Sci-fi . Anyone else noticed the striking resemblance twixt Baron (Upstairs?) David Frost and a slimy toad? Laters dudes.
Popeye appreciates his hug @ianpspurs
He is fast asleep on my lap now...at 3 am in the morning...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Everything seems to be the same with Popeye.
I massage his back and head, and his paws.
He still has the rose and jasmine aromatherapy mister.
Still playing that playlist of healing music. But if it stops he wakes up instantly and his head looks around. I cannot hear it to know if it has finished. So, I start it again and he goes back to sleep. So, I assume he likes it.
Everything the same as before.
No change.
He is on my lap now.

This morning's creative is a photo of me filling his bucket of water, and the tap and bubbles...played around in Snapseed, and then in Gloomlogue for the effects. And then back in Snapseed again. Embedded in this creative photo is Popeye contentedly sleeping this morning. Don't try searching for him in this, you won't see his features, I've hidden him completely.

Yesterday morning, there were dozens and dozens of sparrows at the feeders when suddenly from my roof swooped down dozens of starlings on to the feeders. Their size pushed the sparrows off, but the sparrows came back immediately and pushed their way back in. Nobody squabbled. They feed together amicably. Then the Greattits swarmed in. How those feeders did not drop off the branches with the weight of all those birds feeding together, I will not know.

Then the starlings suddenly flew away, they have never visited before.

It was if a swarm of locusts had been stripping those feeders bare...

Time for a nap...

85104E29-4BCE-4528-B700-A62C03B53950.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the worst about moving @dunelm
You need what you have packed and thought you could do without for a bit, but find you can't...

I love these soap washes, both colour and black&white...
To me they are slightly more mystical, this black&white is...
Thank you @gennepher - it seems like half the house now resides in a shipping container. Mrs Miggins prefers my black & white pictures rather than the ones with colour added. So today it will be one with colour :):angelic:

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Still playing that playlist of healing music. But if it stops he wakes up instantly and his head looks around. I cannot hear it to know if it has finished. So, I start it again and he goes back to sleep. So, I assume he likes it.
No change.
He is on my lap now.

This morning's creative is a photo of me filling his bucket of water, and the tap and bubbles...played around in Snapseed, and then in Gloomlogue for the effects. And then back in Snapseed again. Embedded in this creative photo is Popeye contentedly sleeping this morning. Don't try searching for him in this, you won't see his features, I've hidden him completely.

Yesterday morning, there were dozens and dozens of sparrows at the feeders when suddenly from my roof swooped down dozens of starlings on to the feeders. Their size pushed the sparrows off, but the sparrows came back immediately and pushed their way back in. Nobody squabbled. They feed together amicably. Then the Greattits swarmed in. How those feeders did not drop off the branches with the weight of all those birds feeding together, I will not know.

Time for a nap...

View attachment 51562
I can see a hand inside the swirl - the mystic carer of The Popeye descending from the worm hole.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Dog walk first then off to Aldi shopping then hopefully will get lots of admin done before classes start late afternoon.

@ianpspurs the most relaxing part of the day will be doing my daily Suduko. For me Suduko is definitely not in the 'evil circles of hell' - although I must admit I am slightly addicted to them.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from below a slight pink tinged sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado stuffed with cheese and bacon (I know) with some poached eggs and asparagus came in at 5.2 this am.

Up at our eldest son’s new house yesterday, just to be nosey. He has been living with us for the past few months while he sorts out the rather large wreck of building that he bought. A home is slowly emerging - kitchen, bathrooms, two of the five bedrooms, all new plumbing and electrics and the window fitters should arrive this morning. He will then be able to move in - huzzah! Still no moving date for us yet. Our solicitors informs us that they are still awaiting some documents from the vendors. Still, it’s an empty house and it’s only been six weeks - and that’s good for a post apocalyptic world where we are just so snowed under with nothing to do.

Lyrics of this national anthem for the land of the procrastinators can be read here: https://genius.com/Bing-crosby-busy-doing-nothing-lyrics.
Met a pal of ours in town, he has been working at these covid jab sites for the past year and they are now dishing out the boosters to those who have been issued with their Wonker bars. Ours will be given through our GP surgery next month.

Art bit. I saw this wonderful tree in our park. Have a great day if you can, I have decided that it will be fabulous. Koffy first - fabulous later.

upload_2021-10-14_7-51-42.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all, As y'all know Thursday is official bin day since it has the might of young Joe's legions behind it. As me mate Bismarck, Bizzy to his muckers, said, might is right. Swipey came over all 4.6 ish today at a more sensible 6.06 am. Probably lots of news but oddly it never appears in the C of E morning prayer nor does it seem to affect the taste of my mugs of Assam - who knew? @gennepher so kind and caring towards Popeye and the birds. Wonderful creative work today. I see my younger self in a tie dye t-shirt something like that or a similar poster on the wall of every student study room. @dunelm you may be way more organised than we but get used to things hiding in boxes for much longer than you expect. @Krystyna23040 enjoy your Sudoko and Aldi run. Why is their almond milk so carby and why don't they put mackerel in olive oil?:arghh: Since all we've got ahead of us is some loony culture war/war on the woke have a chune and rather spiffing vid. I'd far rather my grandchildren aspired to that than cancelling anything remotely resembling the better angels of our nature. Lyrics Genn

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from below a slight pink tinged sky here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado stuffed with cheese and bacon (I know) with some poached eggs and asparagus came in at 5.2 this am.

Up at our eldest son’s new house yesterday, just to be nosey. He has been living with us for the past few months while he sorts out the rather large wreck of building that he bought. A home is slowly emerging - kitchen, bathrooms, two of the five bedrooms, all new plumbing and electrics and the window fitters should arrive this morning. He will then be able to move in - huzzah! Still no moving date for us yet. Our solicitors informs us that they are still awaiting some documents from the vendors. Still, it’s an empty house and it’s only been six weeks - and that’s good for a post apocalyptic world where we are just so snowed under with nothing to do.

Lyrics of this national anthem for the land of the procrastinators can be read here: https://genius.com/Bing-crosby-busy-doing-nothing-lyrics.
Met a pal of ours in town, he has been working at these covid jab sites for the past year and they are now dishing out the boosters to those who have been issued with their Wonker bars. Ours will be given through our GP surgery next month.

Art bit. I saw this wonderful tree in our park. Have a great day if you can, I have decided that it will be fabulous. Koffy first - fabulous later.

View attachment 51564
Thanks for the lyrics @dunelm

Your painting is really a wonderful tree...
It would be too fiddly for my arthritic hands, but I still love to see this kind of work.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning one and all, As y'all know Thursday is official bin day since it has the might of young Joe's legions behind it. As me mate Bismarck, Bizzy to his muckers, said, might is right. Swipey came over all 4.6 ish today at a more sensible 6.06 am. Probably lots of news but oddly it never appears in the C of E morning prayer nor does it seem to affect the taste of my mugs of Assam - who knew? @gennepher so kind and caring towards Popeye and the birds. Wonderful creative work today. I see my younger self in a tie dye t-shirt something like that or a similar poster on the wall of every student study room. @dunelm you may be way more organised than we but get used to things hiding in boxes for much longer than you expect. @Krystyna23040 enjoy your Sudoko and Aldi run. Why is their almond milk so carby and why don't they put mackerel in olive oil?:arghh: Since all we've got ahead of us is some loony culture war/war on the woke have a chune and rather spiffing vid. I'd far rather my grandchildren aspired to that than cancelling anything remotely resembling the better angels of our nature. Lyrics Genn
Thanks @ianpspurs
I used to wear those kind of colourful materials in the early 70's...long flowing dresses for me back then...
Thanks for the lyrics...
The video is very beautiful...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

No change.
He is on my lap now.

Time for a nap...

View attachment 51562

Oh @gennepher , what hast thou wrought? I have been dutifully doing my steps and musing on that image. What happened to that - my- generation? So idealistic once, now having been over indulged from cradle to grave turns out we didn’t have ideals just a massive entitled streak right through the middle. Biggest factor in Brexit and Johnson's rise because we recognised (sub consciously?, trying oh so hard to be kind) his totally me, me, me centric persona as the perfect apogee of where that leads. He is truly the Poster Child (tail end Boomer #ii) for a generation that went badly wrong. In passing, it also made me think the more radical feminist view that all the free love waff was really just a male centric, music industry led cover story to guilt trip women into doing things totally anti their best interests and sell records by people of dubious/no discernible talent. I’m not entirely sure you intended that and it totally flies in the face of everything I believe about art having any deeper meaning. You are a bad, bad person.:) Every day's a school day on here. Think I'm overly Woke - that Assam must be heap powerful medicine.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 51564
Great song choice and video. Now, your artwork is obviously wonderful but don't take it so hard dearie (Lionel Blue) if I say it is lovely on the eyes but makes not a ripple on my intellectual millpond. Just what art should do:angelic:

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @gennepher , what hast thou wrought? I have been dutifully doing my steps and mursing on that image. What happened to that - my- generation? So idealistic once, now having been over indulged from cradle to grave turns out we didn’t have ideals just a massive entitled streak right through the middle. Biggest factor in Brexit and Johnson's rise because we recognised (sub consciously?) his totally me, me, me centric persona as the absolute apogee of where that leads. He is truly the Poster Child for a generation that went badly wrong. In passing, it also made me think the more radical feminist view that all the free love waff was really just a male centric, music industry led cover story to guilt trip women into doing thinks totally anti their best interests and sell records by people of dubious/no discernible talent. I’m not entirely sure you intended that and it totally flies in the face of everything I believe about art having any deeper meaning. You are a bad, bad person.:) Every day's a school day on here. Think I'm overly Woke - that Assam must be heap powerful medicine.

Art is whatever you want it to be @ianpspurs

A random art link I picked out...
https://www.artbycedar.com/what-is-the-meaning-of-art/

Art is what you want or not want it to be.
Your choice.

I won't subscribe to what others expect me to find in art. I rebel if something is imposed on me. And go the opposite direction for the sake of it and bloody mindedness on my part.

I do subscribe to a more realistic (but not completely) representation. And I am trying, or have been trying out more abstract representations, but they are hard for me to do. I will stretch my boundaries always. And I don't expect you or anyone else to like/understand my more abstract representations, hence the reason I try to explain briefly how I got there in order to give a bit of insight how I reached the picture I posted.

Sometimes, I read others' descriptions how they got to their finished work. And it leaves me cold.

J. a proper fine artist, a degree in it, did try to 'educate' me on art. He took me to all kinds of exhibitions, Tate, National Gallery, and much more. And expected me to stand in front of some painting while he enthusiastically explained its merits. I wanted to run away. I was literally screaming inside. I didn't want to know. I still hate art exhibitions...

Once, when I sold some paintings, actually before the woman paid for them, she said she had to ask me something first. Would you be offended if I cut your paintings up, because these are inspirational and I want to create new paintings with them, she asked. I immediately (without hesitation) said I would be honoured if she cut up my paintings to create new works of art. J. was next to me and went visibly white and collapsed in the chair. I think the rest of the artists in that art marquee went silent, watching in horror at this conversation...

Can I buy even more paintings to cut, the woman asked. Be my guest I said.

When she had gone, J. and other artists (also selling their work), came up to me horrified...I gave them short shrift...

Last edited: