What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on Swipey - won't change the numbers however I feel about that. Like the rest of us, I'll have another go today. Of course, significant variables will make comparisons meaningless. Don't tell anyone that though, let them figure it out themselves.

Last edited:

Freddy 77

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: ianpspurs

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello @Freddy 77 . Welcome. Despite what @ianpspurs said we are , in the main, not at all mad as a box of frogs. Just one or two of us.

my morning fasting level today, despite sticking to low carb, and remembering to take meds on time, was a menacing 8.1, :arghh:. Oh well guess I can blame the covid booster jab, on Friday, and the hacking cough I have developed since, as I go off for a bit of quality sulking. At least the lateral flow tests are showing negative.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah, you've gotta understand @ianspurrs is perfectly un-frogged
Mate, i'm from East Anglia - (specifically Cambridge born) not the West Country - spurrs:arghh:. Easy mistake, most TV dramas become all crosswaffled by the accents. Get a grip please.bud:angelic:

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 5.8 daily hypos so I was straight into a breakfast. Protein filled. ;)
Officially off insulin but heavy bouncing around bgs on 2 daily metformin. I must admit I had better management on insulin, for now.
Fresh look at food eating times may help more with my fluctuations.
My stress levels hv been very high lately due to suspected Cauda Equina MRI via A&E and struggling to walk is hugely frustrating with a vibrant 8yr old to keep active in some damp days.
I hope everyone is well and conquering their personal current aim. :) :) :)

Reactions: DJC3