Are you going to get vaccinated?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid I have to amend my last post reviewing the NHS update it says for those who are immuno suppressed the third dose is part of their primary vaccination with a booster after six months but for all others this will be termed as a booster shot, On the letter I recieved it talked about the clinicaly vunerable and those that are immuno supressed. It is all a bit confusing.

It makes me wonder if we may all be looking at a fourth jab but for some it will be their first booster and others it will be a second booster this howerver is just speculation on my part.
I think we will be having jabs every 6 months for a long time. It's not over, so we will need to continue with vaccination.

M

Member496333

I think we will be having jabs every 6 months for a long time. It's not over, so we will need to continue with vaccination.

Yeah I reckon minimum biannual going forward. Certainly for anyone who wants to maintain their ‘fully vaccinated’ credentials.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah I reckon minimum biannual going forward. Certainly for anyone who wants to maintain their ‘fully vaccinated’ credentials.
I am not interested in credentials. I am interested in staying well, for my benefit and so I don't tie up needed medical services by preventable illness.

Reactions: HSSS

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm afraid I have to amend my last post reviewing the NHS update it says for those who are immuno suppressed the third dose is part of their primary vaccination with a booster after six months but for all others this will be termed as a booster shot, On the letter I recieved it talked about the clinicaly vunerable and those that are immuno supressed. It is all a bit confusing.

It makes me wonder if we may all be looking at a fourth jab but for some it will be their first booster and others it will be a second booster this howerver is just speculation on my part.
They have only recently been able to determine how much the immunity wanes after the second jab. No doubt they will wait to see if a booster will be longer lasting. Maybe scheduling the clinically vulnerable and immuno-supressed is due to "an abundance of caution" as the popular phrase would have it.

Reactions: JohnEGreen
M

Member496333

I am not interested in credentials. I am interested in staying well, for my benefit and so I don't tie up needed medical services by preventable illness.

Yeah I realise that. I am agreeing that the programme is not over. Credentials don’t matter for now. But they will if government presses ahead with the digital ID. Point being primary/booster is pretty moot at this stage.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
For me anyhow it is pretty much a certainty that I will be offered a fourth/booster jab in April 22.

I of course will not refuse it.

Edit to add as an afterthought I only mentioned it because I had asumed this last jab would be my booster jab and that eould be the end of it but it seems in that I was wrong.

Last edited:

whiteorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I will have my booster tomorrow and any other I may be offered, I am asthmatic, diabetic and have a heart condition . I am also over weight. I have had my flu jab.

D

Deleted member 543160

I had a very bad case of flu as a teenager in the 1950s, and lost a huge amount of weight in the process. As an ancient and increasingly decrepit old woman with T2 I don't believe I'd cope with something like that again now, so I'll take all the help I'm offered vaccination wise...

So far this month I've had my usual annual flu jab, a first ever shingles jab, and this lunch time, my third COVID Pfizer jab (which I think may have raised my glucose level a bit this evening...)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a very bad case of flu as a teenager in the 1950s, and lost a huge amount of weight in the process. As an ancient and increasingly decrepit old woman with T2 I don't believe I'd cope with something like that again now, so I'll take all the help I'm offered vaccination wise...

So far this month I've had my usual annual flu jab, a first ever shingles jab, and this lunch time, my third COVID Pfizer jab (which I think may have raised my glucose level a bit this evening...)
It will also have been your last shingles jab as you only need one. If you have also had the one-off pneumonia jab you are bulletproof.

D

Deleted member 543160

It will also have been your last shingles jab as you only need one. If you have also had the one-off pneumonia jab you are bulletproof.
Yes I forgot my pneumonia jab as I had that years ago when I became "age eligible". but I think I may still need a bulletproof vest if there's someone around who wants to shoot at me?? :wacky:o_O

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If I have the shingles vaccine it looks like I would have to have the Shingrix vaccineas Zostavax is unsuitable for those with a weakened immune system.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I have the shingles vaccine it looks like I would have to have the Shingrix vaccineas Zostavax is unsuitable for those with a weakened immune system.
I happened to notice that you can get a private Shingrix vaccination for the bargain price of £618 !!

M

Member496333

Austria moving to mandatory vaccination for everyone starting February 2022 with ‘unspecified penalties’ for those who do not comply. So it looks like no one will have a choice before long.

Last edited by a moderator:

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I had my booster vaccine today Pfizer.
I had my Pfizer booster mid October and was very ill afterwards, couldn't even get out of bed for two days. Still, i'm ever so glad i had it done.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my Pfizer booster mid October and was very ill afterwards, couldn't even get out of bed for two days. Still, i'm ever so glad i had it done.
I wonder what the difference is between people that means they have such varied reactions to the same vaccine. I thought when I didn't even get a sore arm from the first jab it was because I had no immunity but the second and booster jabs were just the same.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm planning on getting my booster next week :D I'm a bit anxious about needing to prove I'm eligible though (this is to go to a walk-in vaccination centre), the NHS say you need a letter inviting you to get your booster, which I don't have, or a letter from your GP about your health condition :nailbiting: