What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.7 for me have a good day everyone
FB_IMG_1636053944185.jpg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Creative for today...
In sketchbook...
Old Pentel pen, spray water, another black pen which turns purple when in contact with water, and watercolour paints.

I have a wee problem. I was taking my shopping out of my car when the little black cat came running terrified towards me, ran up my frontage, and used my shoulders to leap over my wrought iron side gate to safety. At the same time charging round the corner after the black cat was the Alsatian from AH neighbour with the Fort Knox fence. That dog is too big. It is one huge powerful dog. Its face was confused at the disappearing cat. But also I think it sensed my flashbacks and fear (I was savaged by an Alsatian about 30:years ago and I have never seen an Alsatian since). I felt it was about to jump up at me (for whatever reason) and it would have knocked me to the ground, and I could have been injured badly whether it meant me harm or not. In an instant I cleared my mind of any thought. Made it blank and emotionless. I stamped my foot on the concrete, and said NO sternly/firmly.

The Alsatian immediately drew back, turned and ran back into AH neighbour's property. And I got to the other side of my gate quickly and locked car. I am at a disadvantage (in a sense) at the moment with not having my cochlear processor. It having been posted back to hospital. So, I am in silence to external sounds. It meant I couldn't yell for help/alert AH in any way, because with being totally deaf, I cannot modulate my voice to the whatever is needed so a hearing person can hear/help me.

I am going nowhere near AH neighbour's property. He is not an easy person to lipread, or to talk to. And I cannot figure out what he is saying, he doesn't pronounce words properly.

It is no good having a Fort Knox fence if you let the Alsatian dog get out through human error. He had come back in his car same time as I had come back in mine. So, the dog had got out as he unloaded his boot. He'd shut his boot and had gone in, not noticing his beast of a dog had got out...

AA4B2E76-16CB-423F-A040-D0D42E2F18A4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 this morning. Absolutely no idea why it is such a good reading.
Off to the opticians in Norwich shortly. Maybe not a good idea to book an appointment so early in the day because the rush hour traffic will be horrendous.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone under a blue sky with bright orange burst clouds in genuine technicolour here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese with greens sautéed in butter and mint came in at 5.4 this am

What a to do. Waiting for a gap in the rain and then a dash (read walk) into town for a few non essentials and then back singing ‘Raindrops keep falling on my head’ - but without the bicycle. Girl in the bubble for a few hours - yesterdays new words were the colour orange and the fruit strawberry, happily rolling the words round her tongue and repeating while pushing a small baby buggy round the room. I explain to her that a strawberry is really a pseudocarp but her head nearly exploded when I explained that, like a pterodactyl, the first letter is silent although neither the pseudocarp nor the pterodactyl are aware of it. Rather, she just smiled and repeated the words on hand.
Dental appointment at 1215 - joy, and then Mrs Miggins is picking up her new (to her) car in the afternoon. Frantic calls yesterday getting the car insurance sorted out and it seems that Tesco insurance was the best deal - every little helps.

Art bit - I was replacing the backing paper roll that I pay out under my rice paper to give a white background when I noticed this on the back (I use both sides). Must have been practicing brush strokes. Still, there you go. Have a marvel of a Friday, choose your own superhero from the list. Time for a Koffy.

upload_2021-11-5_7-49-24.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Creative for today...
In sketchbook...
Old Pentel pen, spray water, another black pen which turns purple when in contact with water, and watercolour paints.

I have a wee problem. I was taking my shopping out of my car when the little black cat came running terrified towards me, ran up my frontage, and used my shoulders to leap over my wrought iron side gate to safety. At the same time charging round the corner after the black cat was the Alsatian from AH neighbour with the Fort Knox fence. That dog is too big. It is one huge powerful dog. Its face was confused at the disappearing cat. But also I think it sensed my flashbacks and fear (I was savaged by an Alsatian about 30:years ago and I have never seen an Alsatian since). I felt it was about to jump up at me (for whatever reason) and it would have knocked me to the ground, and I could have been injured badly whether it meant me harm or not. In an instant I cleared my mind of any thought. Made it blank and emotionless. I stamped my foot on the concrete, and said NO sternly/firmly.

The Alsatian immediately drew back, turned and ran back into AH neighbour's property. And I got to the other side of my gate quickly and locked car. I am at a disadvantage (in a sense) at the moment with not having my cochlear processor. It having been posted back to hospital. So, I am in silence to external sounds. It meant I couldn't yell for help/alert AH in any way, because with being totally deaf, I cannot modulate my voice to the whatever is needed so a hearing person can hear/help me.

I am going nowhere near AH neighbour's property. He is not an easy person to lipread, or to talk to. And I cannot figure out what he is saying, he doesn't pronounce words properly.

It is no good having a Fort Knox fence if you let the Alsatian dog get out through human error. He had come back in his car same time as I had come back in mine. So, the dog had got out as he unloaded his boot. He'd shut his boot and had gone in, not noticing his beast of a dog had got out...

View attachment 51937
Quick thinking stamping your foot and shouting a command and glad that it worked. Beautiful painting, I do like the way that the colours blend, being held together with the ink. The purple bleed does add to it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone under a blue sky with bright orange burst clouds in genuine technicolour here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese with greens sautéed in butter and mint came in at 5.4 this am

What a to do. Waiting for a gap in the rain and then a dash (read walk) into town for a few non essentials and then back singing ‘Raindrops keep falling on my head’ - but without the bicycle. Girl in the bubble for a few hours - yesterdays new words were the colour orange and the fruit strawberry, happily rolling the words round her tongue and repeating while pushing a small baby buggy round the room. I explain to her that a strawberry is really a pseudocarp but her head nearly exploded when I explained that, like a pterodactyl, the first letter is silent although neither the pseudocarp nor the pterodactyl are aware of it. Rather, she just smiled and repeated the words on hand.
Dental appointment at 1215 - joy, and then Mrs Miggins is picking up her new (to her) car in the afternoon. Frantic calls yesterday getting the car insurance sorted out and it seems that Tesco insurance was the best deal - every little helps.

Art bit - I was replacing the backing paper roll that I pay out under my rice paper to give a white background when I noticed this on the back (I use both sides). Must have been practicing brush strokes. Still, there you go. Have a marvel of a Friday, choose your own superhero from the list. Time for a Koffy.

View attachment 51938
Brilliant painting @dunelm
Backing paper very useful...
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick thinking stamping your foot and shouting a command and glad that it worked. Beautiful painting, I do like the way that the colours blend, being held together with the ink. The purple bleed does add to it.
Thanks @dunelm
I was a bit dismayed initially with the amount of purple that spread out, but it calmed down when it dried...

Reactions: dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Light up the sky with Standard fireworks day - balance and expiation later. Still not checking bg so no known fbg. Following up yesterday’s ramble? I obviously expect to put in some reading and hard work but I don’t think it is greedy/over optimistic to expect Elsie or somewhere in this locale to be functional. Simply no chance I can ever be at peace with this govt. Now the absurdity/expiation. COP26 dominates the news. Do tell if one homeless, starving, ill shod, war torn, badly educated child will go to bed better off anytime soon due to all these well fed and watered - mainly men- making themselves feel good? Virtue signalling distraction from the shambles they've made. Says the man who organised bonfire parties with plenty of these and then some, piles of food, champagne etc. Never mind light blue touch paper nonsense, computer controlled, sequenced remote detonation - all in a skip on moving. But it was amazing, safe and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat for the grandchildren, family, friends and neighbours (stood outside and applauded) who missed all that. @gennepher the hug is for the Alsatian event. Art is a winner. @dunelm - a dentist? rarer than hen's teeth:angelic:Thanks for the art, if I had any kind of gift I could share I would, honest guv. @Krystyna23040 be careful out there but opticians are important and you have such lovely eyes - at least in my image of you. @karen8967 spiffing meme even though Friday or weekend no longer has the same resonance for a wrinkly OAP. How the heck did this post end up like this?:banghead:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Light up the sky with Standard fireworks day - balance and expiation later. Still not checking bg so no known fbg. Following up yesterday’s ramble? I obviously expect to put in some reading and hard work but I don’t think it is greedy/over optimistic to expect Elsie or somewhere in this locale to be functional. Simply no chance I can ever be at peace with this govt. Now the absurdity/expiation. COP26 dominates the news. Do tell if one homeless, starving, ill shod, war torn, badly educated child will go to bed anytime soon due to all these well fed and watered - mainly men- making themselves feel good? Says the man who organised bonfire parties with plenty of these , piles of food, champagne etc. Never mind light blue touch paper nonsense, computer controlled, sequenced remote detonation - all in a skip on moving. But it was amazing, safe and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat for the grandchildren who missed all that. @gennepher the hug is for the Alsatian event. Art is a winner. @dunelm - a dentist? rarer than hen's teeth:angelic:Thanks for the art, if I had any kind of gift I could share I would, honest guv. @Krystyna23040 be careful out there but opticians are important and you have such lovely - at least in my image of you. @karen8967 spiffing meme even though Friday or weekend no longer has the same resonance for a wrinkly OAP. How the heck did this post end up like this?:banghead:
Cop26 seems to be going down a treat with some folk @ianpspurs. Some lass called Greta, bunking off school, has integrated herself into the local culture and has even learned a song or two.
upload_2021-11-5_9-25-23.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Light up the sky with Standard fireworks day - balance and expiation later. Still not checking bg so no known fbg. Following up yesterday’s ramble? I obviously expect to put in some reading and hard work but I don’t think it is greedy/over optimistic to expect Elsie or somewhere in this locale to be functional. Simply no chance I can ever be at peace with this govt. Now the absurdity/expiation. COP26 dominates the news. Do tell if one homeless, starving, ill shod, war torn, badly educated child will go to bed anytime soon due to all these well fed and watered - mainly men- making themselves feel good? Virtue signalling distraction from the shambles they've made. Says the man who organised bonfire parties with plenty of these and then some, piles of food, champagne etc. Never mind light blue touch paper nonsense, computer controlled, sequenced remote detonation - all in a skip on moving. But it was amazing, safe and I'd do it all again in a heartbeat for the grandchildren, family, friends and neighbours (stood outside and applauded) who missed all that. @gennepher the hug is for the Alsatian event. Art is a winner. @dunelm - a dentist? rarer than hen's teeth:angelic:Thanks for the art, if I had any kind of gift I could share I would, honest guv. @Krystyna23040 be careful out there but opticians are important and you have such lovely eyes - at least in my image of you. @karen8967 spiffing meme even though Friday or weekend no longer has the same resonance for a wrinkly OAP. How the heck did this post end up like this?:banghead:
Thanks @ianpspurs

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning one and all. Well, there is no point testing my blood sugars for the next 3 days. (My GP made an urgent referral to the Colorectal cancer unit at my local hospital on 6th October. I was told it was a fast track and should take 14 days. My first test is on Monday 8th November at a hospital 20 miles from home.) I have had to collect a pack from my local hospital containing Moviprep and a booklet with instructions of what I can eat for the next 3 days including:

Cornflakes, Rice cereals, White bread, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, turnip, swede, parsnip,white rice/ pasta, lemon curd, honey, cream crackers, cake made with white flour etc. So low carb is out of the picture at least until my test is done. I cannot eat anything after breakfast on Sunday just fluids so better to avoid taking my Gliclizide or I risk having a hypo. I was told to drink full sugar lemonade and eat boiled sweets to keep my sugar levels up if needed. Yuk. It's going to be a fun week-end and even more fun on Monday morning. :rolleyes: Take care and enjoy life folks. Best wishes to you all. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. Well, there is no point testing my blood sugars for the next 3 days. (My GP made an urgent referral to the Colorectal cancer unit at my local hospital on 6th October. I was told it was a fast track and should take 14 days. My first test is on Monday 8th November at a hospital 20 miles from home.) I have had to collect a pack from my local hospital containing Moviprep and a booklet with instructions of what I can eat for the next 3 days including:

Cornflakes, Rice cereals, White bread, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, turnip, swede, parsnip,white rice/ pasta, lemon curd, honey, cream crackers, cake made with white flour etc. So low carb is out of the picture at least until my test is done. I cannot eat anything after breakfast on Sunday just fluids so better to avoid taking my Gliclizide or I risk having a hypo. I was told to drink full sugar lemonade and eat boiled sweets to keep my sugar levels up if needed. Yuk. It's going to be a fun week-end and even more fun on Monday morning. :rolleyes: Take care and enjoy life folks. Best wishes to you all. :)
So sorry to read that and I can relate to the stress of being told you are on a fast track referral. I hope and pray there is another explanation but failing that that the treatment is quick, painless and 100% effective. God bless you and Mr D. I don't know if you have religious beliefs but I will still pray for you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG that's awful - I just wanted them done seperately as I have been unwell the next day after having the first two vaccines and didn't want double the load at the one time just in case ... so will be pleasantly surprised if I feel ok after the booster. Btw was neither up nor down with the flu jag
I do hope you are pleasantly surprised and that you do feel OK after the booster.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

It is good that you are not having to wait too long, but quite scary that your doctor thinks you need the fast track. Hopefully all will be well.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So sorry to read that and I can relate to the stress of being told you are on a fast track referral. I hope and pray there is another explanation but failing that that the treatment is quick, painless and 100% effective. God bless you and Mr D. I don't know if you have religious beliefs but I will still pray for you.
Thank you @ianpspurs for your kind words. I do have religious beliefs which have carried me through many difficult times in the past. I'm just glad that something is finally being done about a problem that has been going on for a while and not solved by other medications tried by my GP. Best wishes and I sincerely hope that your earlier situation remains well and truly in the past. :)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It is good that you are not having to wait too long, but quite scary that your doctor thinks you need the fast track. Hopefully all will be well.
Thank you@Krystyna23040. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I have no idea how you must be feeling @dogslife
Especially with having to eat all those carbs and sugars.
I hope it all can be dealt with and worked out as quickly as possible.
Hugs.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hope that all is well (apart from the appalling food choices) - you should be able to eat eggs, fish, chicken breast (skinless) and dairy, surely? Anyhow, hope the fast track comes up with a good outcome. No beetroot juice then?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have no idea how you must be feeling @dogslife
Especially with having to eat all those carbs and sugars.
I hope it all can be dealt with and worked out as quickly as possible.
Hugs.
Thank you@gennefer. :)