Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had made an appointment but I've now found out there's a walk-in that's less than 10 minutes walk away, whilst the appointment one is 35 minutes walk, so I was going to cancel that, but it might be easier to go for the appointment if I don't need proof for it :nailbiting:
I would say that as you were able to make an appointment it proves you are eligible. When you go to the walk-in presumably they look you up on the same database, so you should be ok.

Reactions: sleepster

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would say that as you were able to make an appointment it proves you are eligible. When you go to the walk-in presumably they look you up on the same database, so you should be ok.
That would make sense wouldn't it. Thank you @Mr_Pot, I am a bit of a worrier :bag:

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
That would make sense wouldn't it. Thank you @Mr_Pot, I am a bit of a worrier :bag:

Just had my booster done at a walk in. They ask your name, date of birth and your post code, look you up on a tablet, ask you a few questions about your health and if you had any adverse reactions to the vaccine. That's it, you are jabbed and sent on your way, no proof of anything required I offered to show them the little card I was given with the first two injections, they were not interested. I was in and out in just over 5 minutes

Reactions: sleepster

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
I wonder what the difference is between people that means they have such varied reactions to the same vaccine. I thought when I didn't even get a sore arm from the first jab it was because I had no immunity but the second and booster jabs were just the same.

Yes indeed! The first two vaccines were Astra Zeneca, had no reaction at all, never had any side effects from the flu/pneumonia jab or any other vaccine before.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had my booster done at a walk in. They ask your name, date of birth and your post code, look you up on a tablet, ask you a few questions about your health and if you had any adverse reactions to the vaccine. That's it, you are jabbed and sent on your way, no proof of anything required I offered to show them the little card I was given with the first two injections, they were not interested. I was in and out in just over 5 minutes
Didn't you get a card with your booster vaccine number on, the date and time and batch number, type if vaccine and your name, date of birth? We did today.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Didn't you get a card with your booster vaccine number on, the date and time and batch number, type if vaccine and your name, date of birth? We did today.

No, nothing like that, just stick the needle in and off you go

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

I got a new card with the booster details on it. From today the Booster shot shows in the NHS App in your Covid record which can be viewed if you scroll down once you’ve located your Domestic Covid pass on the app.
Anyway to keep on topic yes I have been vaccinated, 3 times!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my booster 10 days ago, and it wasn't until I'd left that I realised nobody was being given a card. Checked with my surgery today whilst there anyway, and they're not giving them for the booster, but she gave me a printout of my vaccinations which included the booster.

Last edited:

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you @catinahat, that is very useful to know :cat:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my booster 10 days ago, and it wasn't until I'd left that I realised nobody was being given a card. Checked with my surgery today whilst there anyway, and they're not giving them for the booster, but she gave me a printout of my vaccinations which included the booster.
How interesting. Maybe it's a Welsh thing to have cards?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had a card for my third dose it remains to be seen if I will get a card for my booster in April.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
I got a new card (England) on Saturday when I got booster, painful arm was only real side effect.

3rd Pfizer

Last edited:

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my Pfizer booster mid October and was very ill afterwards, couldn't even get out of bed for two days. Still, i'm ever so glad i had it done.
I had mine Tuesday. Like the first two AZ a bit of a sore arm and marginally more tired/very mild headache. Both the latter were easily explainable for other reasons too so quite possibly no side effects. No one I personally know has yet to have a bad time of it. It seems so random.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder what the difference is between people that means they have such varied reactions to the same vaccine. I thought when I didn't even get a sore arm from the first jab it was because I had no immunity but the second and booster jabs were just the same.
I read today speculation that those who have had covid might fair worse. I’ve personally wondered if a lack of response to vaccinations means a lack of antibodies created or if a strong reaction means these are the people who would have faired worst with covid itself . Maybe eventually we’ll know. I’m another that didn’t respond but without any known conditions that make it likely I haven’t produced what it’s designed for me to produce.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Someone that I know had a really bad reaction to the AZ vaccine, and they'd had Covid, so it seems possible.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get my Pfizer booster shot on December 23, which is six month after my second AZ shot.

It will be interesting to see what the go is next year regarding annual booster shots like we get for the flu.

My civil / human rights have not been violated with me getting vaccinated for Covid.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Received Pfizer booster last evening, was given a card with the details of the jab as before (England). Only difference to the 2 AZ was everyone had to sit for 15 minutes afterwards, plus I now have a sore & aching arm, shoulder & neck.