"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
While she was here, she asked to see my log book that she told me to keep and use when I was in hospital last year. I think I mentioned she is a cardio nurse practitioner normally.

Gave her my tablet with 18 months of entries in it like this extract, she said that I was about the only patient of hers that kept one. I told her that Naomea the usual NN encouraged me to keep it going.

My output is low the last cuople of days so I have t increase the fluid tablet dosage to keep the weight back as it is creeping up with fluid in my legs

Code:
Date             B P              SPO2       Temp    Output Weight
14.12.2021    99 / 46 / 59    98% / 59    36.4    1.5      70.7
15.12.2021    110 / 50 / 64    96% / 69   36.7    1.2      71.4

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I was going to post the Let it all hang out video in the other thread,

Like the idea of being laid back, but not sure what was going on in this video - I'm pretty deaf and couldn't actually understand it. Maybe just as well, I suspect. Not that I am particularly shockable but would I be, if I was?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Having a pretty bad day BG wise. Started off at 12.1 - usually manageable by breakfast but today, it was around 3 am and then I went back to bed. 12.6 by the time I got back up at 8.30. 3 cups of tea later it was up to 16.1 so I took a correction dose and it has still kept on rising to 16.6. Maybe if I eat something now with another large dose of insulin, it will improve. Don't actually feel hungry though. However, don't feel that another correction dose would really be appropriate right now without food.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Like the idea of being laid back, but not sure what was going on in this video - I'm pretty deaf and couldn't actually understand it. Maybe just as well, I suspect. Not that I am particularly shockable but would I be, if I was?
Same problem here, except read "Dutch" for "deaf" which makes it equally difficult to understand. But if there's anything in it which goes against our forum ethos it needs to be removed...
@Rachox , I believe you are neither Dutch nor deaf, could you have a listen?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Same problem here, except read "Dutch" for "deaf" which makes it equally difficult to understand. But if there's anything in it which goes against our forum ethos it needs to be removed...

Not wanting to chastise anyone. Just wondering, that's all.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not wanting to chastise anyone. Just wondering, that's all.
Same here!
It would have been inappropriate on the thread @Riva_Roxaban had in mind, no matter what the lyrics are ;).
On this thread the worst thing which can happen is removal with a friendly note, nothing to worry about!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it’s ok!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I wasn't having a go at you, @Riva_Roxaban, just meant to have a laugh at my diminishing capabilities (eyes not so good, ears giving up plus all the rest of the worn out me).

I hope it did cheer you up. You could do with something cheerful now and again with all you have to cope with.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Let it all hang out was a 1960's song that was a parody song of one of Bob Dylans songs.

Why I posted it, it was that life gets tedious and I thought a funny song would cheer me up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Out_(Let_It_All_Hang_Out)
Nothing wrong with cheering yourself up and keeping a couple of mods and @Annb busy on this grey and boring day!

According to your link the song is a parody on Subterranean Homesick Blues, but I fail to see the link, even after looking up the lyrics of Let It Out.
The amount of pictures and references in the song remind me more of songs like Desolation Row, Visions of Johanna, Tom Thumb's Blues, or even some songs from The Basement Tapes, so all songs that were written after Subterranean Homesick Blues.
So now I'm puzzled!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing wrong with cheering yourself up and keeping a couple of mods and @Annb busy on this grey and boring day!

According to your link the song is a parody on Subterranean Homesick Blues, but I fail to see the link, even after looking up the lyrics of Let It Out.
The amount of pictures and references in the song remind me more of songs like Desolation Row, Visions of Johanna, Tom Thumb's Blues, or even some songs from The Basement Tapes, so all songs that were written after Subterranean Homesick Blues.
So now I'm puzzled!

I'm clearly getting too old - can't see well, can't hear very well, now can't understand when it's written down! These things are all after my time! I have heard of Bob Dylan but wouldn't recognise one of his songs if I heard it. I am contemporary with Perry Como and Bing Crosbie.

That's the alarm just gone off for my lateral flow test and it is ..... negative!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have heard of Bob Dylan but wouldn't recognise one of his songs if I heard it. I am contemporary with Perry Como and Bing Crosbie.
You might find some familiar songs in Dylans latest albums!
And of course he has done lots of covers of songs from before your time too,both early in his career but more recently too, including two albums of traditionals in the nineties.

Music isn't about age, thankfully, although the songs we heard in our youth often are closest to our hearts. :)

And happy your test was negative!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So now I'm puzzled
I'm often puzzled by some of the posters on this forum, but then I often learn a lot of random stuff from them too
It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get
(Spot the film reference);)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You might find some familiar songs in Dylans latest albums!
And of course he has done lots of covers of songs from before your time too,both early in his career but more recently too, including two albums of traditionals in the nineties.

Music isn't about age, thankfully, although the songs we heard in our youth often are closest to our hearts. :)

And happy your test was negative!

To be honest, Bing Crosbie and Perry Como were the musicians of my parents' generation, although my dad was a pretty good Crosbie sound-alike so I was brought up on those songs. He never believed that music that came after the crooners, or even some of the crooners (eg Frank Sinatra was vilified) was composed by anything other than tone deaf nincompoops! It's normal for us oldies. I made the jump to trad jazz and British folk music as well as some country. But I missed on Dylan and his ilk. And, honestly, I think the important part is the words - which is what I can't get - always too fuzzy for me to hear. As an alternative to those, I would choose mediaeval music - usually in latin or old french so I don't expect to understand.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And, honestly, I think the important part is the words - which is what I can't get - always too fuzzy for me to hear. As an alternative to those, I would choose mediaeval music - usually in latin or old french so I don't expect to understand.
Brilliant solution!

Although you could of course opt to listen to thrash metal or such, no-one expects to understand the words in this genre either! :hilarious:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Re the goat story, here rather than on the other thread:

Sometimes we used to take our goats to agricultural shows - at the time goats had a very bad reputation amongst local crofters and nobody would try the milk so we tried to publicise them as lovely and useful animals. So, with 2 other members of the goat keepers' society, 2 children of one of the members and 5 goats, all groomed ready for the show, we all piled into the back of a van owned by one member and set off.

The journey there was uneventful enough, if a bit cramped and uncomfortable, seated on the floor in the back of the van with goats milling around and being their usual friendly selves and all the paraphernalia we needed.

One of the van driver's goats won first prize and one of mine came second - both British Saanens and both good milkers. So, in a jolly frame of mind we set off home but, on the way we decided to visit the Callanish Stones - an ancient site on the west side of the Island since one of our number had never been to the Stones. At the site, we all piled out again but the goats got out as well so, rather than try to get them back into the van we decided just to take them for a walk into the stones as well. Imagine, 2 excited children, 3 fairly worn adults (a bit rough around the edges by this stage) and 5 goats parading into the centre of the ancient monument. There were some German (I think) tourists there but they gave us some very odd looks and departed very rapidly. Not sure what they were thinking, but I can imagine. Gave us all a good laugh and added to the jollity of the day. (We were all a bit giggly by this time - nothing taken, just being in such an enclosed space with a restricted air supply.) I'm sure the tourists would have been glad to see us loading the goats into the van and joining them before our departure home.

Reactions: DJC3