ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This morning I was 94.1kgs so have been nearly the same weight for a few months now. NHS have given me a new dietician from diabetes team as I'm having my first steroid injection on Monday. I think stress of Christmas hasn't helped my fbgs. My regular cheese or nuts aren't as effective lately. Maybe I need to strengthen my low carb eating in New Year.
Something to look forward to I guess. Haha

Reactions: Dandelade

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 5.4
Weight 49.4kg
Happy with that

Reactions: Dandelade

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Sunday now. I forgot to weigh myself on Friday - rather put off because I feel heavier than I was. But I braved the scales today and I've lost 0.1 lbs. Not a lot, but better than a gain of 0.1 lbs.
Well done @Annb. Its the taking apart sometimes more than a heavy loss.
I bet your 2022 will be a success for me and you. Have a Merry Christmas. :)

Reactions: catinahat

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Covid jab on 17.12 knocked me for six.
Weight now 47.8kg.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Covid jab on 17.12 knocked me for six.
Weight now 47.8kg.
You are half my weight. I'm fighting to lose like you are to gain.
I hope your OK now and have an opportunity to enjoy Christmas. I'm thinking of you.

Dandelade

Yeah I’m not weighing myself over Christmas so here goes early weigh in! One pound down now 12.11 continuing the one pound every 3 weeks like clockwork :)

@SlimLizzy @ickihun I hope you’re ok.

Thank you to all you virtual strangers, you really do help feel not so alone in the journey. Merry early Christmas to everyone and enjoy time off if you don’t celebrate!

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You are half my weight. I'm fighting to lose like you are to gain.
I hope your OK now and have an opportunity to enjoy Christmas. I'm thinking of you.
Hi ickihun,
Am always amazed at how far you have come with so many obstacles. You should be very proud of your progress.
I am feeling a lot better and we have an invitation for christmas lunch with a couple of friends.
Wishing you all a peaceful and healthy Christmas.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a feeling that I am putting on the pounds that I will spend January maybe February trying to lose! Never mind.

Happy Christmas to everybody :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
76.45kg today so down on last week but Christmas is coming…

I promised myself a daily trip to the gym (unless it’s closed) whilst I’m off work so hopefully can help support the muscle gain… we shall see this time next week!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
75.3kg for a loss since early this year of 38kg/84lb/6 stone

A few months ago I said I'd like to be below a BMI of 25 before Christmas to give myself some wiggle room to indulge a bit, my BMI today is 24.5. Not a huge amount of wiggle room, but I honestly didn't think I'd make it at all.

In other news, I desperately need to work out what size t-shirts I need now and buy some!

Happy Christmas (eve) everyone x

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lost another 1lb so 12.5 stone now. Looks like 1-2 lb a month loss now which i am fine with :). Fist christmas as a diabetic so watching my family eating all the niceys but i am not going to put all my hard work to waste. Will see if i power through by next friday :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Weight today still 47.8kg
Converted and was shocked at 7 st 5lbs. Suppose this is the result of several bouts of illness, ironically brought on by jabs. As well as grief. My poor cat was shot by hunters nearly three months ago, but lingered on in increasing distress until we had to have him put to sleep about two months ago. It was a terrible time.
Of course if I go back to more carbs the weight will come back, all on my tummy though. Not where i want it.

Stay strong over christmas fellow Friday weighers - and if you don't manage so well, get back on that horse and carry on.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not Friday, not sure which day of the week it is (does anyone know?)
4 lbs up, which am disappointed about. I have had a few carbs each day but nothing extravagant, and only reasonable quanties of everything else. Weather hasn't been good for walking either and all classes stopped. Why does this festive period have to go on so long?

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, I weighed this morning and I was back to 143lbs which is 2lbs less than my last post. I’m surprised but delighted!!

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.5 stone today. Must be my first christmas i didnt put on weight :).I will take that as a win.