Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today, 78.35kg which is a 1.9kg raise, so quite a jump from last week but it happens, holidays are over so now time to get back on the wagon and fix it.

I’m not so worried, can’t always have good weeks!

Reactions: Dandelade

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.4 today. Loosing about 0.5 to 1lb a month now. First time in my life i am not sure how i am actualy going to put weight on unless i fall off the wagon and start eating badly again

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Happy New Year Friday weighers
This week
Weight 48.1kg

Dandelade

Gah same as last week which means the Christmas 2lbs has stuck boooo! I suppose with a bad thyroid week it’s to be expected. Hey ho, back to it at least it isn’t an increase...

On a positive note bought new clothes as Christmas presents a size lower as old ones are hanging off me now!

andre53

Hi @andre53 are you Injecting insulin? Are you inj less when losing small? It may help. Obviously small decreases in par with good bgs. Good bgs is where you get a slot to reduce your insulin. If not Injecting exercise burns off insulin resistance but not as much as less calories.
You're doing brilliantly. Slow and steady always wins the long race.

Hi ickihun, thank you for your words and tips!

Insulin was de-prescribed after good advances fasting blood glucose, HbA1c, and fasting insulin. I do a (very) low carb diet but with a lot of cheating episodes. At least one / weeek.

But something very curious happend.

I needed to do a travel vacation with my family and I was very scared about to fit in the airplane seat, to fit in the airplane belt seat, to keep acceptable blood pressure numbers, as well as good blood sugar numbers (both fast and post-prandial).

To avoid any bad surprises, I behaved like a monk during all the trip, with one meal a day (or two), strict ketogenic, no alcohol. And, after a week I produced these interesting results, as well as good blood pressure numbers, and could fit inside the airplane seat (and the belt).

But...

Returning home, new year celebrations, my aniversary at jan 7, etc, I did return to the old 'chetogenic' lifestyle. And, obviously, lost all the progress.

These two scenarios were a very important lesson for me, because I know I am capable to handle my condition, I could address it in the past, and befor the trip I was thinking that was the time needed to look for some help (Ozempic, os something like this). But this strict period showed me that my body is still responsive. It is just a matter of mindset.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi ickihun, thank you for your words and tips!

Insulin was de-prescribed after good advances fasting blood glucose, HbA1c, and fasting insulin. I do a (very) low carb diet but with a lot of cheating episodes. At least one / weeek.

But something very curious happend.

I needed to do a travel vacation with my family and I was very scared about to fit in the airplane seat, to fit in the airplane belt seat, to keep acceptable blood pressure numbers, as well as good blood sugar numbers (both fast and post-prandial).

To avoid any bad surprises, I behaved like a monk during all the trip, with one meal a day (or two), strict ketogenic, no alcohol. And, after a week I produced these interesting results, as well as good blood pressure numbers, and could fit inside the airplane seat (and the belt).

But...

Returning home, new year celebrations, my aniversary at jan 7, etc, I did return to the old 'chetogenic' lifestyle. And, obviously, lost all the progress.

These two scenarios were a very important lesson for me, because I know I am capable to handle my condition, I could address it in the past, and befor the trip I was thinking that was the time needed to look for some help (Ozempic, os something like this). But this strict period showed me that my body is still responsive. It is just a matter of mindset.
Yes. It's all learning curves. I use to hv great help from metformin but it's of very little use to me lately. It really plays havoc with my severe IBS. Humf. I hv to rethink too. Constantly but not too quickly or I miss something useful.
I hope you find the best longterm solution for you going forward.
I'm hoping to get better health throughout all of my conditions. Diabetes sometimes has to take its turn. It can be very selfish like that. If my bgs are good I can work on other areas of my health so that's how I'm playing things for me right now. Weight loss is of small urgency than when I was morbidly obese but nevertheless still something I cannot ignore whilst still T2. I'm work in progress. :) :) :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Drop down to 77.55kg
I’ll take that! Definitely want to go a bit lower but my clothes fit so not worried

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
74.5kg this morning. About 0.3kg down on last week. I'm in the 'normal' BMI range now so not really expecting to lose quickly any more, concentrating on staying stable and increasing fitness/muscle now. I reckon I still have about 3kg to lose, but slowly slowly is fine now.

I typoed last week's number on here, but this week I've got it right. Almost certainly.

MoorT2

76.9 kg this morning. That's down 100g on last week.
BMI 25.4

Frustrating week this week. For no explainable reason I put on 1 kg over night Monday so I've had to re-lose that weight again. Not the first time it's happened but it's much harder to lose these days than it was previously. But I got there, so fresh start for this week coming.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
76.9 kg this morning. That's down 100g on last week.
BMI 25.4

Frustrating week this week. For no explainable reason I put on 1 kg over night Monday so I've had to re-lose that weight again. Not the first time it's happened but it's much harder to lose these days than it was previously. But I got there, so fresh start for this week coming.
Weight fluctuates in often unusual and unexpected ways. I’ve seen days where I’ve raised and dropped by 2kg.

as I understand it, carbs causes much more water absorption so if you take a bit more of those it can pile on the weight. Or it could be the time you weight, or to be blunt… not having gone to the toilet

long term trend is the aim, if one week you have gone up, then it might be noise, if it continues week after week, that’s more of a sign

I do note now I am lighter, it does take longer to address any holiday spikes I may have had. I think in general it is harder to lose more the lighter as you have less calorie needs and I guess less general exercise (carrying extra weight takes extra effort so you basic needs are higher and proportionally easier to drop)

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning 145lbs which means I have put on 4lbs!!! What am I doing?? :bag: