What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this morning I did not test and have been flaffing about so decided to take it - before my chicken soup. It was 8.9. Not particularly concerned as I had been flaffing about but still a bit of a shock as I had had nowt to eat until 1pm
No idea what is normal for you but many say their bg rises until they eat something. Hug for the shock today but tomorrow will probably bring a shock for how good your fbg is.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
No idea what is normal for you but many say their bg rises until they eat something. Hug for the shock today but tomorrow will probably bring a shock for how good your fbg is.
Yes I think it was because I had not eaten anything and had been up really early. It had gone down to 7.1 2 hrs after my lunch though so food for thought eh. Watch this space tomorrow ;)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today. Purely coincidentally I'm sure I was up at 5:15.

I do seem to be sleeping generally better than I was, but even so there shouldn't be two 5ams in the day. Not unless I'm seeing one from the fun side anyway, and seeing things from the fun side hasn't happened in a couple of years - for reasons left as an exercise for the class (hint it's NOT because I'm getting too old for that kind of nonsense!)

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Go Team D. @karen8967 :woot:; @ultradad excellent bouncebackability from The C; @Widgets - that kind of nonsense:woot: - raises bg - I've tested. @DEBBIESCOTT enjoy the 5k and pub lunch. I'd like the 5k but JKP would like the pub lunch. Never was keen so COVID and The D provide perfect excuses for me.:angelic: Stay safe team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marianne67

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
that kind of nonsense:woot: - raises bg - I've tested

I haven't because I've only been measuring such things for about 7 months. I really miss the days when it would be possible to do the tests though!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't because I've only been measuring such things for about 7 months. I really miss the days when it would be possible to do the tests though!
I'll pray for you to get the opportunity for some adult exercise. On topic, it is very good for fbg and sleep.

Last edited:

Andy Duncan

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

New to this site and on day 5 of using Freestyle libre2 monitor which is very good but I am surprised and a little concerned how my glucose level goes up a bit over night - nothing since 6 pm low carb dinner , can anyone tell me why it goes up and not down if not eating for 14 hours ??? 2 cups of tea raises it a bit more - no sugar just milk

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
New to this site and on day 5 of using Freestyle libre2 monitor which is very good but I am surprised and a little concerned how my glucose level goes up a bit over night - nothing since 6 pm low carb dinner , can anyone tell me why it goes up and not down if not eating for 14 hours ??? 2 cups of tea raises it a bit more - no sugar just milk
Welcome and good on ya for signing up, using the meter and posting. This may help a little in explaining the difference between last thing at night and first thing in the morning.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Grumpy about 7.7 at 0830, slept in but early supper of lamb chop, mushrooms & sprouts so WHY I want to scream! I could have double checked but couldn’t hack it. Don’t worry I will get over myself soon. Going out in the garden to plant out Christmas tree and do some weeding, never ever before in January but they loved Dec weather. Have a great Sunday everyone. Stay safe and well.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.5 for me this morning .

Running later today, off to pick up a cross trainer for the garage early afternoon , I think I am becoming obsessed !

Reactions: ziggy_w

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
A frustrating 7.1 this morning - off for a work out :couchpotato:

Reactions: SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 for me this morning .

Running later today, off to pick up a cross trainer for the garage early afternoon , I think I am becoming obsessed !

Sorry, I am picturing a rather angry athlete trying to demonstrate calisthenics squeezed between the car and the lawn mower!

Reactions: HeliGary

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning, yay! Mine not to reason why, mine but to check and cry "Hallelujah!" :D
Onward and (hopefully) downward ...

Reactions: DJC3