What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good cold Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who sail on the third rock from our local fusion reactor as it meanders through the universe.
Another 5.6 on that meter of questionable parentage.
Here in Tilehurst Towers it will be a day of excitement, but that in itself is subjective.
Sorry to read a fellow motorcyclist is still down with the dreaded covid and me and me’s hope the symptoms are abating, hope you have enough lft test kits. Sorry but no hugs, virtual or otherwise, me and me’s don’t want to catch virtual covid or real covid.
Hugs to all the poorly ones and a swift recovery.
Stay safe all, stay apart and me and me’s still don’t trust the numbers.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on a Forest Heath Friday when the Anglo American Blue Bins are all lined up ready for their scheduled irregular emptying. I hope all those suffering from COVID, forced to restrict their movements by injury or the need to avoid catching The C, grieving or dealing with the sadness of beloved family or close friends find some comfort and peace today. I forgot to take my phone to bed so I didn't fit Swipey but what that shows may or may not be substantially(or in any way whatsoever) attributable to my food. Today my main meal will be Salmon Salad (avo not ripe due to human error) so absolutely my P:E:/Elsie comfort zone. The journey from waking to that meal may involve substantial questioning along the lines of why the ???? are you doing this to yourself and some, actually that was pleasant enough. @gennepher thanks for the creative. The morning OT readings this week have been from Genesis and lately Noah and The Flood. Quite an apt image in my mind. Rugby, Football, T20 cricket and NFL over the next 3 days so maybe add in a gym visit, slow ambles and 3 more days of winter and this Ego Trip of The Unpolishable One will be passed very nicely thanks. @karen8967 I’m not sure weekends really exist for retirees but thanks. Take care in your own unique and particular way.
We are having salmon today also @ianpspurs .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Soup - OK, that works. Do these people just shove ‘stuff’ into their trollies? Make a list of what you need - then stick to it. Seems to work for us and we don’t chuck things away. Tip: never let the other half see things like ‘use before’ or ‘best before’ information.
Nice theory I agree. Actually going into supermarkets - pretty sure actuaries would see that as a dangerous activity just now. I certainly do and am picky about the ones I risk when it is unavoidable. Deliveries or click and collect? Availability of slots then product availability, not to mention their idea of a suitable shelf life. Discounters have short use by dates anyhow it is their business model.. Root veg/cabbages keep for ever but salad leaves? Quite easy for me in one way - 6 days salad - 5 with mackerel one with salmon. JKP can't do that (medical issues) and I didn't marry her to subject her to LC food. Family meals are important. The protein source often has to be larger than we "need" in order to make it in any way palatable. How is eating something offensive to the taste but small enough to use in one go not waste? - of money, the opportunity for someone who may enjoy it, fuel to cook and energy to eat it? When we had eaten enough previously we would feed it to the dogs over a few days but these chaps have very odd digestive systems. Quick look in both freezers confirms we "freeze things for another day." Deep down we know we probably won't. Like holiday wine/romance, unique to time and place - Christmas turkey was an exception, so is pork belly and goose. Food waste isn't as simple as folk make out, IMHO.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone of a bit of a cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Another positive test this morning - Mrs Miggins has now been clear for four days - I must be special!
Skip arrived yesterday and is now about a quarter full, mainly the efforts of Mrs Miggins. Must remember to wake here in a bit as she has a doctors appointment this morning. Anyone else received a fake Post Office message? I got one this morning: https://conversation.which.co.uk/sc...ScamAlert200122&utm_content=Scam+alert+200122
More ink spread art this morning. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday. Best wake Mrs Miggins and make koffy.

View attachment 52988
Thank you for sharing your talent - the art. Hope Mrs Miggins woke on time. Is " Alexa play Deff Leopard on 70% at 7.00 am in the Master Bedroom" naughty? Actually, I use Thank You by the fragrant Petula at 35% and JKP likes tea left by the bed in her Nespresso keep warm mug (lasts her for hrs) but y'all don't need to know that. Spoils my street cred:playful:

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative this morning.
Using a digital app, SketchesPro.
An illustration I had in my mind for a couple of weeks...
But I've not used SketchesPro for a couple of years, so I've forgotten how to use it, and it's changed as well.
Enjoy yourselves today...

EF6D97A3-A76A-4C7B-B6C0-3B93622DC966.png

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Doing my Postman Pat role again today for the "voluntary organisation", this time with invites to some events. One of these is a meeting IRL, just coffee or free booze? Not sure if I will test my resolve.

FBG 7.7 mmo/lt. Have a great day.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a cold and crisp but not even sort of start here in the dark and dangerous north and another positive on the LFT, day 9 and a straight run so far. How lucky can you get. The skip is filling up nicely thanks to the endeavours of Mrs Miggins and her trusty wheelbarrow.
Just three dribbles of ink for you today. Make of it what you will but don’t tarry, there is a day to be enjoyed in some form or another. First though, a pot of koffy.

upload_2022-1-22_8-11-7.jpeg

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Really frosty dog walk. Just finishing coffee then off to Norwich to warm up the hall before classes start. Mr K is defrosting my car so I will have a lovely warm car for my journey to Norwich.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Yes, I type too much. Thanks for the art @dunelm and @gennepher. New Swipey gives the message sensor not responding please remove and replace. Abbott need to be rousted up. What is a guy supposed to do about sub-optimal outcomes from supposedly textbook actions? Off to the gym later and P:E/LC diet planned out with morning worship done. The known unknown is just what kind of even worse s-show not doing the "right" things would produce. Stay safe, eat yer high quality protein, greens and move about a bit.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening or if you are feeling a trifle picky about spellings morning.
A totally mind numbing 6.7 this morning, where did that come from, me and me’s know not, nor really care, the reading is way below my hospital given limits.
The other day I got involved in a discussion about sliderules or is it spelt slidrules, you guess. This spelling malarkey is good for my one remaining, koffy infused brain cell, what worries me and me’s is the fact that I can still use a sliderule, but can’t remember where I left my koffy cup, writing about which, it’s time for a koffy.
Stay safe, stay apart and avoid the evil depression peddling media.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone
Not been on in last week we went for a city break to York Fabulous, and weather was dry that’s better than rain anytime.
Meals out so best BG readings I can get this morning is 6.7 considering restaurants and cafes we ate in and lovely food it’s ok by me will get back into swing of things now were home. Have a great weekend all of you. Walking length and breadth of York kept my BG in check even though we had meals out.K

Reactions: mojo37

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Fbg 6.5

Creative this morning.
Using a digital app, SketchesPro.
An illustration I had in my mind for a couple of weeks...
But I've not used SketchesPro for a couple of years, so I've forgotten how to use it, and it's changed as well.
Enjoy yourselves today...

View attachment 52999
What a lovely sketch.K

Reactions: dunelm