What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great fbg and enjoy the relaxation. Nope, certainly not Friday. My body knows tomorrow is Super Salmon Salad and Avo day maybe even a "side" of Halloumi fries :woot: I'm just not cared, me. Thoughts and prayers with Jan and family, Heather and family and yourself. To save posts, also @jjraak, Lauren and Steph.
Thank you @ianpspurs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on an early bin day start here in the dark and dangerous north.
It’s skip day today - no rope needed. Skip being delivered this morning so just moved car off the drive - and put the bin out. Had to move some of the sockets in the garage ready for next week when we will be having doors and windows replaced. Mrs Miggins has now finished decorating the two upstairs bedrooms and a couple of books of carpet samples have appeared.
Hope that everyone has a better day today than they did yesterday. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 52961
Love this @dunelm
A great vignette, with all kinds going on.
Hope you had a successful day...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting article and commentary on Britain today. I'm taking it people aren't contemplating buying second hand food. Also unsurprising people don't know what to cook when the Head Honcho doesn't know when he's been invited to a party and/or at one.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. @gennepher and @dunelm thank you both for sharing your artistic gifts, I am very grateful. We miss Geeful and Muddy Cyclist but I pray they will return if or when ready. @gennepher I hope your busy, busy day is a rip roaring success. @dunelm thank you for the wish but I was happy with yesterday by bedtime - two goals in 90 seconds for Spurs did that. Gym session was very good as well. Generation Z seem to use weights so much more than Boomers and Millennials. To my old eyes this is especially true of those who self identify as female and are not ashamed to celebrate their femininity. One more of the Green Shoots of a Post Thatcherite/Reaganite age methinks after the collective breakdown 2008 caused and the resultant 2016 outbreak of utter madness. Will God give me two decades? - long job ridding the rotten old wood, clearing the land, draining it properly, and replanting. Have some Enya
My busy busy day @ianpspurs was my 'yearly' diabetic retinopathy appointment which has not happened since January 2019. So it was a few years late, in a different location, different people. I didn't know the procedure of this one and nearly missed my turn because of masks, not being aware my name was called. So I got home very tired. Fell asleep on the couch, and was having nightmare dreams...
But they were caused by me falling asleep with my sound processor on (I never wear it when I'm asleep),and me snoring like a dying galactic whale which penetrated my nightmare...

Now I am going to have a cuppa and a silent rest (the sound processor has been banned to its dry box...)...

EDIT I was dehydrated, because the info leaflet said there were no toilets available. So, I didn't dare drink anything when I got up this morning. When I got there the toilets were cordoned off, and locked up.
So when I got home I made a cuppa, and two glasses of water, but I was so tired, I fell asleep before I could drink them. So this is around 4 pm when I woke up, and I must be very dehydrated....hence the snoring dying galactic whale sounds from me...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting article and commentary on Britain today. I'm taking it people aren't contemplating buying second hand food. Also unsurprising people don't know what to cook when the Head Honcho doesn't know when he's been invited to a party and/or at one.
How the blinking heck can anyone bin food? I eat everything I buy. I just make up combinations of foods, or recipes if that is what that it is called @ianpspurs
t19137.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How the blinking heck can anyone bin food? I eat everything I buy. I just make up combinations of foods, or recipes if that is what that it is called @ianpspurs
t19137.gif
Hug for the trauma of the retinopaphy. I am guilty of throwing away industrial quantities of food since eating LC. Wheelie bins of ingredients from failed Keto/LC baking. Food others rave about - I can't stand the after taste of erythritol; had to admit failure with Montezumas; no idea how anyone could eat Five Guys burgers; h/m LC soup/stock/bone broth - never going to happen, Lord knows we have tried hard enough. Foods that pushed my bg to levels I don't want. Below the supposed safe levels just not my comfort level..

Last edited:

Jojo85

Good morning,

Fbg 5.3 at 6.30am.

My sister and kids currently in isolation due to covid, same with my sister in law and her family. I feel as though it's a waiting game and we will all eventually get it, seeing the cases in NSW are 30k daily :(:doctor:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and stay safe!

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Hard frost inland, minus 4C, but just 0.0 C here on the coast. Why? English Channel is 500m away and its waters are at 10 C. Maybe I should have been a meteorologist.

Can't predict FBG, except that it is still up after the Carbs Fest of 36 hours ago. 8.4 mmo/lt at 0645.

Have a great day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Creative is a pastel.
Not finished, but this is it. Gave myself half hour to do it, but an hour later...
That moon was exceptionally bright last night. It might have been the below freezing temperature last night. So, moon again...

Take care...
821DE9C5-4D87-4250-B8AE-300653736470.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Soup - OK, that works. Do these people just shove ‘stuff’ into their trollies? Make a list of what you need - then stick to it. Seems to work for us and we don’t chuck things away. Tip: never let the other half see things like ‘use before’ or ‘best before’ information.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

Creative is a pastel.
Not finished, but this is it. Gave myself half hour to do it, but an hour later...
That moon was exceptionally bright last night. It might have been the below freezing temperature last night. So, moon again...

Take care...
View attachment 52986
Interesting - looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone of a bit of a cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Another positive test this morning - Mrs Miggins has now been clear for four days - I must be special!
Skip arrived yesterday and is now about a quarter full, mainly the efforts of Mrs Miggins. Must remember to wake here in a bit as she has a doctors appointment this morning. Anyone else received a fake Post Office message? I got one this morning: https://conversation.which.co.uk/sc...ScamAlert200122&utm_content=Scam+alert+200122
More ink spread art this morning. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday. Best wake Mrs Miggins and make koffy.

upload_2022-1-21_8-21-15.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone on a Forest Heath Friday when the Anglo American Blue Bins are all lined up ready for their scheduled irregular emptying. I hope all those suffering from COVID, forced to restrict their movements by injury or the need to avoid catching The C, grieving or dealing with the sadness of beloved family or close friends find some comfort and peace today. I forgot to take my phone to bed so I didn't fit Swipey but what that shows may or may not be substantially (or in any way whatsoever) attributable to my food. Today my main meal will be Salmon Salad (avo not ripe due to human error) so absolutely my P:E:/Elsie comfort zone. The journey from waking to that meal may involve substantial questioning along the lines of why the ???? are you doing this to yourself and some, actually that was pleasant enough. @gennepher thanks for the creative. The morning OT readings this week have been from Genesis and lately Noah and The Flood. Quite an apt image in my mind. Rugby, Football, T20 cricket and NFL over the next 3 days so maybe add in a gym visit, slow ambles and 3 more days of winter and this Ego Trip of The Unpolishable One will be passed very nicely thanks. @karen8967 I’m not sure weekends really exist for retirees but thanks. Take care in your own unique and particular way.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone of a bit of a cloudy start here in the dark and dangerous north
Another positive test this morning - Mrs Miggins has now been clear for four days - I must be special!
Skip arrived yesterday and is now about a quarter full, mainly the efforts of Mrs Miggins. Must remember to wake here in a bit as she has a doctors appointment this morning. Anyone else received a fake Post Office message? I got one this morning: https://conversation.which.co.uk/sc...ScamAlert200122&utm_content=Scam+alert+200122
More ink spread art this morning. I hope you all have a fabulous Friday. Best wake Mrs Miggins and make koffy.

View attachment 52988
Informative for the scam and winner for the painting...
Loving the ink spread art @dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Have been wearing some really uncomfortable non-slip boots when it is slippery so that I didn't spoil my lovely comfortable knee high leather boots when dog walking around the park.

This morning I decided that it was slightly bonkers not to wear them as they are completely non slip and quite robust so are highly unlikely to be damaged while dog walking. They were so warm and really nice to wear and look really smart.

Last edited: