What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bit of a late start here in the dark and dangerous north. First negative test result on day 10 - I need to trade my immune system in for a more upmarket one that has all the optional extras included. Mrs Miggins has now completed the task of filling a builders skip over two days and has gone to pick up the girl in the bubble so that her parents can skedaddle over to York for a couple of days. The 10am local train goes to Manchester airport and stops in York so no need to change trains. New Highway Code rules come into force on 29 Jan and include such things as giving way to pedestrians who are going straight on at junctions and opening your door using furthest hand to force you to look over your shoulder (as long as you have a furthest hand - mine is in Torquey on holiday): https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...ion-proposals-on-a-review-of-the-highway-code
I thought a bit of a change was in order. Still starting out with some sprayed lines and then try for some scenery. Hope you all have a pleasant valley Sunday. I shall make some mid morning koffy.
View attachment 53014
Great mountainous scene...
Coffee sounds good @dunelm

Jojo85

Good morning,

6am fbg 5.4
The local pharmacy finally called and has some home covid tests in, so will be picking some up today. It's like finding gold here nowadays.
Hope you all have a great day.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning Everyone
Sorry it’s so late posting we went to Colne outlet centre called Boundary Mills fabulous place to visit.
My BG this morning was 6.6 but it dropped to 5.1 2 hours after breakfast of Greek yogurt and berries cup coffee
Hope you enjoyed your day everyone.K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning Everyone
Sorry it’s so late posting we went to Colne outlet centre called Boundary Mills fabulous place to visit.
My BG this morning was 6.6 but it dropped to 5.1 2 hours after breakfast of Greek yogurt and berries cup coffee
Hope you enjoyed your day everyone.K
Great after breakfast blood sugar @Granny_grump_

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

Creative today painted in Procreate...

Have a good day...

9896420C-89B8-4E92-A550-AE0241C936D3.jpeg

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Last full week of Dry January. But it would be foolish to ignore recent falls in FBG and weight, plus gains in my bank balance. Will have to have a grown-up conversation with self.

FBG 7.6 mmo/lt at 0645.

Have a great day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. A busy day ahead but am still sticking to my new year's resolution of taking proper breaks so have got a good long break between classes and can have dinner and lots of coffee in the pub across the road before my evening classes.

Although I did get a very gentle telling off for doing some work on Sunday from a lovely client I saw on Saturday because I sent her an updated lesson plan and exercise sheets on Sunday afternoon

Gooderstone water garden paths were surprisingly dry although water levels were the highest we have seen for a long time and very fast flowing over the weirs.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @Jojo85 good news on RATs and great fbg; @Granny_grump_ that breakfast worked a treat; @Krystyna23040 sticking to your NY Resolution is good but heed the wise words of that client (as if) @gennepher thanks for the creative; @dunelm thanks in advance for sharing your art; @True Blue maybe don't have that grown up conversation whilst out and about. I await a functional Swipey so no known fbg. King Edward potatoes roasted in Goose fat are still one of the wonders of the world even if they raise bg inflation above Pearl Clutcher threshold. Excellent Sunday lunch with 4 generations. 92 yo MIL was clearly delighted, 5 month old grandson felt milk and sleep were enough for now. I still see no reason to believe 75.3 kgs (11 S 12 Lbs) is at all healthy for me - too heavy- (I'm about 180-181.5 cms). Gym later - after LFT as primary school aged grandson has tested positive again and nursery for granddaughters "riddled" with it (staff and toddlers) Depressing media or sunlight is the best disinfectant? - phone/text/tweet or rant now. The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. So it must be time to amble about and drink more tea.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all

Last full week of Dry January. But it would be foolish to ignore recent falls in FBG and weight, plus gains in my bank balance. Will have to have a grown-up conversation with self.

FBG 7.6 mmo/lt at 0645.

Have a great day.
Dry January? Must have missed something :rolleyes:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. A busy day ahead but am still sticking to my new year's resolution of taking proper breaks so have got a good long break between classes and can have dinner and lots of coffee in the pub across the road before my evening classes.

Although I did get a very gentle telling off for doing some work on Sunday from a lovely client I saw on Saturday because I sent her an updated lesson plan and exercise sheets on Sunday afternoon

Gooderstone water garden paths were surprisingly dry although water levels were the highest we have seen for a long time and very fast flowing over the weirs.
Good that you are taking breaks and pub across the road from your evening classes sounds ideal.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. @Jojo85 good news on RATs and great fbg; @Granny_grump_ that breakfast worked a treat; @Krystyna23040 sticking to your NY Resolution is good but heed the wise words of that client (as if) @gennepher thanks for the creative; @dunelm thanks in advance for sharing your art; @True Blue maybe don't have that grown up conversation whilst out and about. I await a functional Swipey so no known fbg. King Edward potatoes roasted in Goose fat are still one of the wonders of the world even if they raise bg inflation above Pearl Cluthcher threshold. Excellent Sunday lunch with 4 generations. 92 yo MIL was clearly delighted, 5 month old grandson felt milk and sleep were enough for now. I still see no reason to believe 75.3 kgs (11 S 12 Lbs) is at all healthy for me - too heavy- (I'm about 180-181.5 cms). Gym later - after LFT as primary school,aged grandson has tested positive. Depressing media or sunlight is the best disinfectant? - phone/text/tweet or rant now. The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. So it must be time to amble about and drink more tea.
Thank you for your anticipation @ianpspurs. Primary school super spreader locations to be avoided unless dressed in a Spiderman outfit complete with mask. With you on the goose fat (we have a good amount left from Christmas) - I bake my potatoes whole the day before and put in the fridge overnight - less pearl clutching.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lovely bright and sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. A second negative LFT result so I am now officially entitled to re-enact any of episode of Janet and John as read by the late, great, Terry Wogan. Mrs Miggins has managed to squeeze in even more garden stuff into the now solidly full skip (unless you fill the gaps with water). It will be collected today at some point. I wonder if we will need another one before spring. Another set back - chosen plumber had to cancel as it is now his turn to have a small variety packet of Covid-19.
Another deliberate ink spray and fill in the gaps loosely based upon China’s Zhangjiajie Mountains as depicted by the artist Fu Baoshi. Hope that you all have a good day today, I am fast running out of koffy.

upload_2022-1-24_9-7-48.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a lovely bright and sunny start here in the dark and dangerous north. A second negative LFT result so I am now officially entitled to re-enact any of episode of Janet and John as read by the late, great, Terry Wogan. Mrs Miggins has managed to squeeze in even more garden stuff into the now solidly full skip (unless you fill the gaps with water). It will be collected today at some point. I wonder if we will need another one before spring. Another set back - chosen plumber had to cancel as it is now his turn to have a small variety packet of Covid-19.
Another deliberate ink spray and fill in the gaps loosely based upon China’s Zhangjiajie Mountains as depicted by the artist Fu Baoshi. Hope that you all have a good day today, I am fast running out of koffy.

View attachment 53038
Sorry to hear about the plumber but good to hear you are able to rejoin the Omnishambles. I think the bookies have closed the market on you needing another skip. IMHO our meal was utter recklessness from a COVID management standpoint and from a pure health perspective red meat, wine and potatoes are wrong. However, sharing time and love with those God has given JKP and me completely dwarfs those issues and always will, so I feel I made the right judgement call. Doesn't mean I don't feel very conflicted for even thinking about those issues. Lyrics (LFT negative :))

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who played hopscotch as a child.

2 readings this morning 1st 3.7 and 2nd straight after a 5.7. Perplexed yes, but running with the 5.7.
Today’s word here in Tilehurst Towers is “ Structured “ me and me’s are trying to introduce structure into Mrs J’s day, since she has grasped early retirement by the scrotum me and me’s feel a little structure in her daily routine would be a benefit for her.
Futile and impossibility are words that are looming on the horizon….my horizon.
Have a safe day all, hugs where required.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Great after breakfast blood sugar @Granny_grump_
Thank you the change to my breakfast from weetabix x2 milk and berries to Greek yogurt and berries is what’s making the difference. My memory for names has always been bad but someone on here advised me to change to yogurt and berries and I can’t thank them enough, on cereals plus Gliclizide I just couldn’t get my BG down. Please whoever you are on here get in touch would be nice to let you see how it’s changed my BG readings.K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

2 readings this morning 1st 3.7 and 2nd straight after a 5.7. Perplexed yes, but running with the 5.7.
Today’s word here in Tilehurst Towers is “ Structured “ me and me’s are trying to introduce structure into Mrs J’s day, since she has grasped early retirement by the scrotum me and me’s feel a little structure in her daily routine would be a benefit for her.
On the retirement front don’t expect miracles straight away it takes some getting used to after being busy with work family and home and hubby, to just nothing to rush around for anymore. You will work it out what works for you both but get out and about short breaks together away from it all, apart from seeing other places it’s wonderful having so much leisurely days together we love it.COVID PUT A STOP TO PEOPLES PLANS!!! I,m no longer afraid to venture to places we love we have had our vaccinations wear masks in crowded places sanitise our hands both going in and out of shops what more can we do I’ve lost 2 years to Covid so afraid of catching it but no more. If I get it I will deal with it then not worry myself sick Enjoy your retirement both of you. Remember Rome Wasn’t Built In but A-Day. K

Reactions: jjraak

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi there @alf_Josiah Retirement requires new part-time activities to replace the previous work activities. Besides my boat project and digital photography hobby, I have my new-found tomato growing skills, seed to harvest. Here are some of last years' Super Marmande beefsteaks.
upload_2022-1-24_14-34-2.jpeg