Apparently I’m considered . Not diabetic anymore

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Just got told by my GP that I am considered to be non diabetic after my latest HbA1c results of 5.5 .
Now , I know you are never cured of diabetes but I’d like to thank everyone on this forum who gave me the advice at the start of my journey and put me on the low carb path . . Don’t worry , I’m not goin out to have a load of pizza and chips .

Reactions: lorib64 and andre53

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got told by my GP that I am considered to be non diabetic after my latest HbA1c results of 5.5 .
Now , I know you are never cured of diabetes but I’d like to thank everyone on this forum who gave me the advice at the start of my journey and put me on the low carb path . . Don’t worry , I’m not goin out to have a load of pizza and chips .
First off massive congratulations!

Thing is, you don’t necessarily want to be classed as not diabetic as it risks you being taken off the yearly checks. So check that hasn’t happened

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
Well done Peadair fantastic result

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations Peadair I remember when you joined the forum - brilliant news that you are doing so well. Hopefully you’ll still get access, like I do, to an annual check to keep an eye on things. I’ve technically been in remission for more than four years now but welcome the annual checks to help me stay that way. Well done you.

Reactions: ianpspurs

AGC_68

Great stuff! Doesn't get better than that.

jessj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You must be chuffed to nuts & so you should be for your great result, congratulations.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks for letting everyone know of your progress. It's inspiring to know it is possible. Well done. LC isn't always easy (hence my being a lapsed one). Sticking with it is key.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for sticking with it Peadair and if I remember correctly you do an outside manual job which would make me constantly hungry! Like others have said its best to stay on the register though for annual eye checks etc. You have inspired so many including me on your journey here so thank you.

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi- well done mate, any advice or tips on how to bring diabetes under control. Are you taking any medication

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Great news and well done!