How many cups of coffee do you have per day?

Glyko

How much coffee do you drink (during your fasting regimen and in eating window)? And how do prepare it/with what?

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How much coffee do you drink? And how do prepare it/with what?
You've posted in the 'Fasting' sub forum. Did you mean to ask how much coffee people drink when fasting or in general?

And to answer your question, I usually brew about 900ml of coffee on waking, and finish the pot about 5 hours later. My first meal isn't usually until 3 to 5 hours after getting out of bed. Not intentionally fasting, it's just that I've never liked to eat breakfast.
I have my rather weak coffee with a generous splash of cold skimmed milk, so I guess that breaks my fast anyway.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have one per day
Gym days (go early morning) very strong black coffee with coconut oil, take it to the gym
Other days plain very strong black coffee with breakfast

Glyko

You've posted in the 'Fasting' sub forum. Did you mean to ask how much coffee people drink when fasting or in general?

And to answer your question, I usually brew about 900ml of coffee on waking, and finish the pot about 5 hours later. My first meal isn't usually until 3 to 5 hours after getting out of bed. Not intentionally fasting, it's just that I've never liked to eat breakfast.
I have my rather weak coffee with a generous splash of cold skimmed milk, so I guess that breaks my fast anyway.
Oh sorry, maybe it should have been in a another subforum...I wanted to know cups in total per day, with fasting regimen (and in eating window).

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I drink about four mugs of strong black coffee with no sweeteners or fatty additives in it.

My first mug is just after I get out of bed in the morning to have after my fasting bgl test, the rest up to, and with breakfast.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh sorry, maybe it should have been in a another subforum...I wanted to know cups in total per day, with fasting regimen (and in eating window).
The subforum is fine!
But maybe you'd like to edit your post to make it more clear you're aiming your questions to people who flollow some sort of fasting regime. :)
Many of us browse the forum mainly through Recent Posts, so it's easy to overlook what sub forum we're in.

Reactions: MrsA2

Glyko

I drink 5 cups of coffee, mostly with splash of zero carb soymilk or black. But sometimes with cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I often fast 18 hours - eating in a 6 hour period often in the afternoon. In my fasting period I now drink 2 or 3 weakish filter coffees with no sweetners or milk or cream. I have had cream and also lactofree milk with coffee in the past but now changed to weak black. I also drink about 5 cups of very very weak black tea and this week I’ve moved to drinking a clove and green tea - again no milk or sweetener.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

During my fasting window (usually from waking to about 3 pm) I'll have 3 coffees with double cream and one tea also with double cream) Large mugs 400 ml with 2 teaspoons of cream... yes I measure them all!
Also have another coffee in the evening post dinner also with double cream.
First two coffees are cafetiere made second 2 are triple shot Americanos.
I'd have those when extended fasting too.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I make a moka pot in the morning that I guess translates as two cups of strong black coffee, then maybe another one in the afternoon/ evening. In between, I usually drink UCC bottled coffee (black, weakish and iced), about a 920ml bottle a day, or lots of weakish Chinese tea.

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two or three with double cream in morning. Same amount of coffee - one rounded measure overall - I just stir up the grounds and add water/cream for the third. Brunch is first meal, any time after midday usually.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
About 6 a day= ca 42 grams total of ground roast beans. Two styles, moka pot and Turkish . Moka pot 7grams/60 water, yields ca 48 grams coffee and Turkish coffee, 7 grams/70 water.

Strangely, if I have trouble sleeping in the night I get up and make 1 moka pot coffee and one strong sweet hibiscus tea. I then return to bed and doze off easily.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
During fasting , in morning I have 2 cups of strong black coffee. Rather lazy so these are the instant variety.

After midday, or if I am going out, I switch to decaffinated instant, black coffee, never more than 3 cups a day.

M

Member496333

Currently none. I like a nice cup of coffee but my love affair is intermittent and generally I do better without it in terms of sleep quality and dreaming. When I am using it my consumption insidiously creeps up until I feel it’s a bit too much and then I quit again. This time I think I’m done with it forever. But never say never :shifty:

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Too many, according to my kidney doctor. Actually, I have got to take his disapproval of this seriously.

I just cannot drink black coffee, so I take it with 35% cream - too many calories!

Glyko

Too many, according to my kidney doctor. Actually, I have got to take his disapproval of this seriously.

I just cannot drink black coffee, so I take it with 35% cream - too many calories!
Is coffee bad for kidneys?

M

Member496333

Wait. What? Come again? You make your coffee with a third of the cup/mug/glass being double cream?? Blimey, that is crazy. Each to their own and everything, but that is a bit way out there. You must have to boil the cream first to stop it making your coffee instantly cold :wideyed: