What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Early, crack of dawn, still pretty dark, Shadow is waiting for her food. She comes into the front room now for her wet cat food and biscuits. Does a bit of purring round my legs, and asks for head strokes. That done, she settles down to eating. Has a little investigate of the bungalow, then shoots out just as I am finishing up putting out Midnight's 4 course breakfast. Shadow has a taste/bite out of each bowl, then disappears in the undergrowth, and Midnight emerges.

Midnight and I have that slow blink conversation, then I go in and refill Shadow's two bowls of food in the front room. Midnight doesn't polish off each bowl fully now. He understands there will always be food put for him. And that makes him feel much more secure. He has a taste of each bowl and then eats the bowl of food that appears to please him the most. Then he goes up the garden path, sits contentedly cleaning himself. I go back in to find Shadow has polished off and licked clean the second bowl of wet food. She likes sneaking in unseen. I refill that, but it might not get eaten, and if that happens, I put it outside for Midnight who is always happy for a snack.

I go back to bed with a cuppa, look outside. It is 4:30 am and is light outside now. And in flies Little Miss. Last night, about 7 pm, her Daddy flew in for a conversation with her by the fatball feeders. She was doing the baby quivering away with her body.But wasn't actually begging for food with her beak. Then her Daddy fed her some of the fatball from the feeders. Then they both flew away. And I am thinking, thank goodness, I don't have to keep an eye out for her any more. But like I said, she was back at 4;30 am this morning. But there is a different set of dynamics going on between her Daddy and Little Miss, Daddy sparrow is bringing her back into my garden, then they are both flying away, then coming back in again. He brings her to a fat ball feeder where they both feed. Then Daddy offers Little Miss a beak full of fatball, which appears now, to be the signal to follow him as he flies away. And they keep flying off in different directions. And then returning. Is this the next stage in her development training?

Mr Magpie has just come in, had a staring match with Midnight. Midnight won, Mr Magpie flew away...

My cup of tea is cold again...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, The flower is a red silk flower poppy I popped in the garden at Christmas for a bit of colour between the green foliage.

I am yawning now. It is 7:30 am. I have done at least half a day's work. I need a nap....

7B9443EB-1789-4235-B7F1-EAA8C54204DE.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Relaxing with another coffee before I set off to Norwich. I have a really long relaxing break today so must remember to take plenty of stuff to read.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Monday one and all however far into the day you are. My fbg is a known unknown. After taking a step back and looking at The Big Picture ™ I am assuming sometime soon the NHS will finally decide which Swipey unfriendly procedures I need and diet isn’t the major factor in my bg just now. Today is a Rogation Day . Probably a bad idea for me to water fast for 3 days but the idea behind this tradition resonates strongly. @gennepher I do see connections with your love of and for animals and plants. That kaleidoscope is IMHO a perfect example of the miracle of creation from the seed you planted at Christmas. In the spirit of the day and the better angels of our nature treat this virtual neighbourhood and your real life one as that link suggests. @gennepher your AH neighbour would do well to read, mark and inwardly digest that piece. Pip Pip Old Toots.

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Early, crack of dawn, still pretty dark, Shadow is waiting for her food. She comes into the front room now for her wet cat food and biscuits. Does a bit of purring round my legs, and asks for head strokes. That done, she settles down to eating. Has a little investigate of the bungalow, then shoots out just as I am finishing up putting out Midnight's 4 course breakfast. Shadow has a taste/bite out of each bowl, then disappears in the undergrowth, and Midnight emerges.

Midnight and I have that slow blink conversation, then I go in and refill Shadow's two bowls of food in the front room. Midnight doesn't polish off each bowl fully now. He understands there will always be food put for him. And that makes him feel much more secure. He has a taste of each bowl and then eats the bowl of food that appears to please him the most. Then he goes up the garden path, sits contentedly cleaning himself. I go back in to find Shadow has polished off and licked clean the second bowl of wet food. She likes sneaking in unseen. I refill that, but it might not get eaten, and if that happens, I put it outside for Midnight who is always happy for a snack.

I go back to bed with a cuppa, look outside. It is 4:30 am and is light outside now. And in flies Little Miss. Last night, about 7 pm, her Daddy flew in for a conversation with her by the fatball feeders. She was doing the baby quivering away with her body.But wasn't actually begging for food with her beak. Then her Daddy fed her some of the fatball from the feeders. Then they both flew away. And I am thinking, thank goodness, I don't have to keep an eye out for her any more. But like I said, she was back at 4;30 am this morning. But there is a different set of dynamics going on between her Daddy and Little Miss, Daddy sparrow is bringing her back into my garden, then they are both flying away, then coming back in again. He brings her to a fat ball feeder where they both feed. Then Daddy offers Little Miss a beak full of fatball, which appears now, to be the signal to follow him as he flies away. And they keep flying off in different directions. And then returning. Is this the next stage in her development training?

Mr Magpie has just come in, had a staring match with Midnight. Midnight won, Mr Magpie flew away...

My cup of tea is cold again...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, The flower is a red silk flower poppy I popped in the garden at Christmas for a bit of colour between the green foliage.

I am yawning now. It is 7:30 am. I have done at least half a day's work. I need a nap....

View attachment 54634
Have you every thought of writing a book or short stories I think with your wonderful descriptions and marvellous artwork it would be a success .

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Monday one and all however far into the day you are. My fbg is a known unknown. After taking a step back and looking at The Big Picture ™ I am assuming sometime soon the NHS will finally decide which Swipey unfriendly procedures I need and diet isn’t the major factor in my bg just now. Today is a Rogation Day . Probably a bad idea for me to water fasting for 3 days but the idea behind this tradition resonates strongly. @gennepher I do see connections with your love of and for animals and plants. That kaleidoscope is IMHO a perfect example of the miracle of creation from the seed you planted at Christmas. In the spirit of the day and the better angels of our nature treat this virtual neighbourhood and your real life one as that link suggests. @gennepher your AH neighbour would do well to read, mark and inwardly digest that piece. Pip Pip Old Toots.
Rogation days ?

Most interesting @ianpspurs
Thank you for posting :)

Best wishes any upcoming procedures are as @ianpspurs friendly as possible.

Swipey days CAN await their return, quietly..(edit :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rogation days ?

Most interesting @ianpspurs
Thank you for posting :)

Best wishes any upcoming procedures are as @ianpspurs friendly as possible.

Swipey days can't await their return, quietly
Thanks for the good wishes and I hope your healing continues to go well. As for Rogation Days, methinks we have lost sight of how the food we eat actually comes about and how our very near locality matters, I also think these points were prominent in the early days of lockdown but don't make for a good culture war:
  • To seek God’s blessing for the fields to bear fruit - (boy do we need this just now)
  • To seek the preservation of justice in the boundaries of the parish (Justice is inconvenient for some politicians)
  • To walk in love with one another and reconcile differences (Diametrical opposite of populist nonsense)
  • To practice mercy and generosity toward the poor from God’s provisions ( Badly needed)

Last edited:
Reactions: Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Monday one and all however far into the day you are. My fbg is a known unknown. After taking a step back and looking at The Big Picture ™ I am assuming sometime soon the NHS will finally decide which Swipey unfriendly procedures I need and diet isn’t the major factor in my bg just now. Today is a Rogation Day . Probably a bad idea for me to water fast for 3 days but the idea behind this tradition resonates strongly. @gennepher I do see connections with your love of and for animals and plants. That kaleidoscope is IMHO a perfect example of the miracle of creation from the seed you planted at Christmas. In the spirit of the day and the better angels of our nature treat this virtual neighbourhood and your real life one as that link suggests. @gennepher your AH neighbour would do well to read, mark and inwardly digest that piece. Pip Pip Old Toots.
Thanks @ianpspurs
I doubt he would read it...
Garden is happy today. Birds are very happy. All the usual flying suspects are present. Little Miss is happy, full of the joys of spring.
My cat food keeps disappearing...there are more four footed furred creatures than I know of here. They are keeping very hidden...and know how to slink in without me seeing them. I just suddenly see empty dishes, yet again. There must have been more than just Jade dumped near here a week ago.

Me, I have been fighting with the internet, applying for driving licence renewal online last few days, and my internet connection (never the best on a good day), keeps on dropping mid application, and so the application doesn't proceed. I ended up on my tiny phone screen (which is a different SIM card) and it was almost impossible even with my reading glasses AND watchmakers glasses on top of them with 3X glasses magnification....because some of the application pages were meant to be viewed on a normal laptop sized screen, not on a minute little phone screen...

Right, I am going outside to patrol the garden and see if I can uncross my eyes...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you every thought of writing a book or short stories I think with your wonderful descriptions and marvellous artwork it would be a success .
Hi @mojo37
I think I will stick to just writing online, as I am now. I have illustrated children's books in the past, and dealing with publishers is an absolute nightmare. The technology is different now, more of internet/online/digital printing now, and I have explored it, but decided not to...
Thanks for the compliments :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

This morning, interesting stuff feeding Shadow and Midnight. Opened the cat diner at 5 am. I had slept in a bit, for me. So Shadow shot to the front where her food was already prepared. And I went back to feed Midnight. Midnight's eyes were wide open at Shadow shooting into the bungalow, and he had wanted to follow Shadow. That would have put the cat among the pigeons. Inside my bungalow is Shadow's personal space which she comes in when she wants a bit of me time, but she doesn't stay long, and goes ballistic if a door accidentally shuts on her, she needs to know she can always get out immediately.

So, I prepared the outside cat dishes, and Midnight is sitting waiting politely for me to finish, but My Lady Shadow shoots outside, she has finished her two bowls inside, tells Midnight that his dishes of cat food are also hers, gives him the arched back and flick of her tail (she is only inches in front of him), but Prince Midnight sits perfectly still and acquiesces to My Lady Shadow, who takes her time sampling each of Midnight's dishes of cat food. Then the moment My Lady Shadow saunters out of the garden, Prince Midnight drops his stoic posture and rushes to me, not his food dishes. For a moment I am puzzled, then I realise Midnight is asking for some special attention from me, but it is not strokes of my hand he wants (he gives a different signal for that). He wants something in special attention with food.

I have a sachet of cat food in my hand, to refill what Shadow has eaten, and fortunately it was jelly and not gravy. I open it and take a bit out with my hand. Midnight looks at me so lovingly, and eats out of my hand, then asks for more. We are doing the slow blinking trusting thing throughout. So I take more of this messy jelly cat food into my hand, and in this way he eats the entire sachet. And we are still doing the slow blinking thing. And he looks at me so gratefully and lovingly with this kind of attention. Then finally he goes to the four course buffet breakfast, which is right next to us.

And I come in and wash my hands...

Is this going to be a morning thing with Midnight?

I have so much more to say about Little Miss (baby sparrow), all is well, but I need to do stuff. Hopefully I will have time to write that tomorrow...

All the usual garden suspects are fine.

Oh, and My Lady Shadow commandeered MY bed in the potting shed yesterday. She has never done that before these last couple years or so. I went to go in the potting shed yesterday, I have some seedlings in there. My Lady Shadow puts her head up as I go in, and her face has the look of the cat that got the cream, so contented she was. Then put her head down to sleep again. This is all Popeye's old bedding (washed since then of course)...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. A bit of experimentation in another app to get my photograph as the background to the circular kaleidoscope. The actual kaleidoscope is of a sow thistle, the seeds of which goldfinches like when they visit....

Yes you guessed it, my tea is cold again...

image.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning. Another slightly more relaxing day today. My usual afternoon one to one is at the Chelsea flower show so I will have time for a relaxing meal at the pub across the road rather than just coffee.

I will have the same as yesterday. Chicken topped with crispy bacon with a supurb salad with lots of avocado.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on Tuesday here in not really The Brecks and not quite The Fens. I know it is Tuesday, I know it is another Rogation Day : from there on in confusion abounds. Tempeh stir fry or not Tempeh stir fry? Are Elsie or prioritising protein the cause of my problems or helping my body in its own fight for Top Four ©? Oh to feel certain LC is good for me. I also so want to go to the gym but I'm not quite that Tonto. @Krystyna23040 your story and your remarkably sensible lifestyle proves it can be a revelation for some. Some of The Zealots totally oversell the benefits. I don’t think LC really increases the value of your home:). Enjoy the extra free time and that meal. I could happily eat that - well the bacon may be an issue - then obsess over the PP bg and whether it was nutritionally good or evil. @gennepher great story again and lovely kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the winner. Are you back on Terra firma now? Enjoy your day Team D just allow everyone else time. space and the freedom to live in peace.

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who imbibe from the goblet of life.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.8 and during my absence from posting varied between 4.5 and 8.4
Wow what a lot of posts, far too many to catch up on. Mrs J and me, me’s and myself took an opportunity to nip down to Devon for a few days, I found some good motorbiking roads, shame I was in the car, never mind.
An interesting fact, Devon has over 8000 miles of road, it seems the majority of them are single track with passing places and grass growing up the middle, only joking.
I had to take a break from the internetty to preserve the sanity of those nearest dearest to me. Me, me’s and myself are beyond help,:)o_O .
Seeing as I have missed so many posts, perhaps now is the time to wish those under weather a swift recovery and good luck for any hospital procedures.
Now I must sign out take medication and get on life, have a great day all and stay safe avoiding the doom laden media if possible.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone on Tuesday here in not really The Brecks and not quite The Fens. I know it is Tuesday, I know it is another Rogation Day : from there on in confusion abounds. Tempeh stir fry or not Tempeh stir fry? Are Elsie or prioritising protein the cause of my problems or helping my body in its own fight for Top Four ©? Oh to feel certain LC is good for me. I also so want to go to the gym but I'm not quite that Tonto. @Krystyna23040 your story and your remarkably sensible lifestyle proves it can be a revelation for some. Some of The Zealots totally oversell the benefits. I don’t think LC really increases the value of your home:). Enjoy the extra free time and that meal. I could happily eat that - well the bacon may be an issue - then obsess over the PP bg and whether it was nutritionally good or evil. @gennepher great story again and lovely kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the winner. Are you back on Terra firma now? Enjoy your day Team D just allow everyone else time. space and the freedom to live in peace.
@ianpspurs I normally don't have bacon as I am not a fan of bacon and eggs for breakfast. I much prefer my flax and hemp seeds and coconut flakes and inulin mixed with kefir and topped with Organic Greek Yoghurt, berries and flaked almonds. However, for dinner, I do love chicken topped with crispy bacon and a superb salad - especially if it contains avocado.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs - back on dry land - exhausted

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who imbibe from the goblet of life.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.8 and during my absence from posting varied between 4.5 and 8.4
Wow what a lot of posts, far too many to catch up on. Mrs J and me, me’s and myself took an opportunity to nip down to Devon for a few days, I found some good motorbiking roads, shame I was in the car, never mind.
An interesting fact, Devon has over 8000 miles of road, it seems the majority of them are single track with passing places and grass growing up the middle, only joking.
I had to take a break from the internetty to preserve the sanity of those nearest dearest to me. Me, me’s and myself are beyond help,:)o_O .
Seeing as I have missed so many posts, perhaps now is the time to wish those under weather a swift recovery and good luck for any hospital procedures.
Now I must sign out take medication and get on life, have a great day all and stay safe avoiding the doom laden media if possible.
Welcome back fella.

Glad you had a good time.

Congrats to Mrs J
Had no idea those Japanese game shows were still a thing or even still going.

Presume she's now in the final of whatever one organised the Looooong trip :D

Life's good.
Today beckons :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs I normally don't have bacon as I am not a fan of bacon and eggs for breakfast. I much prefer my flax and hemp seeds and coconut flakes and inulin mixed with kefir and topped with Organic Greek Yoghurt, berries and flaked almonds. However, for dinner, I do love chicken topped with crispy bacon and a superb salad - especially if it contains avocado.
NEARLY lost me at "not a fan..."
But redeemed yourself later ;)

Break in the day sounds just what doctor ordered :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well from outside, I see you a little spursy around the Elsie FC, but i reckon overall, at the end of the day, you'll be over the moon when a well deserved top 4 position beckons :happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

This morning, interesting stuff feeding Shadow and Midnight. Opened the cat diner at 5 am. I had slept in a bit, for me. So Shadow shot to the front where her food was already prepared. And I went back to feed Midnight. Midnight's eyes were wide open at Shadow shooting into the bungalow, and he had wanted to follow Shadow. That would have put the cat among the pigeons. Inside my bungalow is Shadow's personal space which she comes in when she wants a bit of me time, but she doesn't stay long, and goes ballistic if a door accidentally shuts on her, she needs to know she can always get out immediately.

So, I prepared the outside cat dishes, and Midnight is sitting waiting politely for me to finish, but My Lady Shadow shoots outside, she has finished her two bowls inside, tells Midnight that his dishes of cat food are also hers, gives him the arched back and flick of her tail (she is only inches in front of him), but Prince Midnight sits perfectly still and acquiesces to My Lady Shadow, who takes her time sampling each of Midnight's dishes of cat food. Then the moment My Lady Shadow saunters out of the garden, Prince Midnight drops his stoic posture and rushes to me, not his food dishes. For a moment I am puzzled, then I realise Midnight is asking for some special attention from me, but it is not strokes of my hand he wants (he gives a different signal for that). He wants something in special attention with food.

I have a sachet of cat food in my hand, to refill what Shadow has eaten, and fortunately it was jelly and not gravy. I open it and take a bit out with my hand. Midnight looks at me so lovingly, and eats out of my hand, then asks for more. We are doing the slow blinking trusting thing throughout. So I take more of this messy jelly cat food into my hand, and in this way he eats the entire sachet. And we are still doing the slow blinking thing. And he looks at me so gratefully and lovingly with this kind of attention. Then finally he goes to the four course buffet breakfast, which is right next to us.

And I come in and wash my hands...

Is this going to be a morning thing with Midnight?

I have so much more to say about Little Miss (baby sparrow), all is well, but I need to do stuff. Hopefully I will have time to write that tomorrow...

All the usual garden suspects are fine.

Oh, and My Lady Shadow commandeered MY bed in the potting shed yesterday. She has never done that before these last couple years or so. I went to go in the potting shed yesterday, I have some seedlings in there. My Lady Shadow puts her head up as I go in, and her face has the look of the cat that got the cream, so contented she was. Then put her head down to sleep again. This is all Popeye's old bedding (washed since then of course)...

Creative is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. A bit of experimentation in another app to get my photograph as the background to the circular kaleidoscope. The actual kaleidoscope is of a sow thistle, the seeds of which goldfinches like when they visit....

Yes you guessed it, my tea is cold again...

View attachment 54653
Well midnight certainly playing the long game, here

So passive around shadow, who quite honestly is revealing her inner jack Nicholson from the shining at times
(Not saying she hasn't got a reason, just saying )

A definite subtle turn in your relationship with midnight

Well executed cruyeff turn if ever I saw one ;)

Nice post, @gennepher as always :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well from outside, I see you a little spursy around the Elsie FC, but i reckon overall, at the end of the day, you'll be over the moon when a well deserved top 4 position beckons :happy:
As long as I'm not sick as a parrot I'll keep following my protocols, putting it on the spot, playing the next ball, moving the chains etc. :happy: (and its live) Anything (ok, not synchronised swimming or rhythmic gymnastics) except F1 or the two wheeled stuff - even cockroach racing is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: gennepher