What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s a grand day out today. At least that’s what has been promised (mentioned really but such a mention quickly turns into a promise inside my head). A drive down the coast sounds good. Possibly to Runswick Bay for a spot of lunch or perhaps Sandsend. I fancy whitebait. You know that number, the butt of jokes, that comes knocking towards the end of the 60’s - well today is the day. So, a grand day out. And this evening - the grandchildren, well the oldest two, probably at their favourite Italian - more whitebait anyone?
Art bit - Impression of Eidfjord I think it is called. Have a wonderful day if you can. Must make some koffy.

upload_2022-5-26_8-31-45.jpeg

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning all. fbs today was 10.6 at 7am. Have a good day everyone. :)

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bright blue sky - other broadcasters are available- for Ascension Day in this area of The Exotic East. Yesterday I had hospital appointments in West Suffolk. I was amazed to see the staff cheering our PM to the echo, telling each other see, he's got our backs and weeping in sympathy for the people in No 10; unimaginable pressure was a common sentiment. The cleaners and security staff were especially happy - raising a toast everywhere I looked. Oh wait, I just read the leaflet with the painkillers I took As you were. @SlimLizzy I hope today is better for you both. Lord knows you two deserve some joy for all the love you show those most in need. @gennepher thanks for the wildlife tales and the kaleidoscope. We have 3 grandchildren in our care today. Elsewhere the poo show goes on but that must never stop us all aiming for higher standards of respect, integrity and basic human decency than the cost of an Eton education seems to buy some. All schools have rotten apples so sorry any Old Etonians out there.
oh it is getting so hard to differentiate between reality and drug infused reality nowadays. Those old Etonians have ganged up with Roald Dahl’s witches and are spreading the poisons.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a dull and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north. It’s a grand day out today. At least that’s what has been promised (mentioned really but such a mention quickly turns into a promise inside my head). A drive down the coast sounds good. Possibly to Runswick Bay for a spot of lunch or perhaps Sandsend. I fancy whitebait. You know that number, the butt of jokes, that comes knocking towards the end of the 60’s - well today is the day. So, a grand day out. And this evening - the grandchildren, well the oldest two, probably at their favourite Italian - more whitebait anyone?
Art bit - Impression of Eidfjord I think it is called. Have a wonderful day if you can. Must make some koffy.

View attachment 54683
Thank you for the art - splendid work. Enjoy the run out and the whitebait. Prawn cocktail and whitebait are having a moment amongst the movers and shakers. The Armish aren't keen. Blue Nun and that Mateus Rose guy seem to be MIA.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello on Wednesday everyone but the greeting is totally muted by the news of the senseless shooting in Texas. Primary school children - why? It isn't good enough to ignore the “depressing media” It is crying out for action to protect innocent lives not for ignoring and hoping it goes away. Anyhow. Good to see you back safely @dunelm. My, but that regime seems arduous so well done for coping and for calculating the mileage. Thanks for the art. @gennepher another amazingly detailed observation of the wildlife in your care and the kaleidoscope is a triumph darling, a triumph. @Krystyna23040 I hope the new seamstress is as good as she sounds. Yesterday's tempeh stir fry went well for taste and texture. I have no idea of how my bg reacted but just now Will S resonates with me:

Thou think’st ’tis much that this contentious storm
Invades us to the skin. So ’tis to thee.
But where the greater malady is fixed
The lesser is scarce felt. Thou’dst shun a bear,
But if thy flight lay toward the raging sea
Thou’dst meet the bear i' th' mouth.

A Gray day for some but spin you own day as you wish (Ramadhin and Valentine had nothing on this lot) - always being punctilious in your love and concern for others.
@ianpspurs the news from Texas is heartbreaking. Sadly it looks as though the gun lobby is too strong for it ever to be sorted.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in the dark and dangerous north. Can I catch up with posts - no.
What a wonderful, if exhausting break up in the Fjords of Norway seeking the Norwegian Blue (beautiful plumage). A small ship that was able to get into more remote locations. A disappointing array of tourist tat on offer at stopping points but never mind, the scenery was what we were there for, not plastic trolls or the worlds supply of fridge magnets. “OOh! Let’s get a fridge magnet” - NO! I can report that 3.5 turns of the promenade deck gave you a mile walk.
Today, an eye test - it’s been over two years. Other than that, I shall continue to recover from the 22 hour availability of tasty titbits, G&T’s and canapés at 5.
Art - there was none but I managed a sketch yesterday - have a wonderful pre-bin day if you can. I am going to make some koffy.

View attachment 54669
@dunelm good that you had a wonderful holiday in fjords of Norway.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who have and haven’t completed an LFT test this morning. Clear thankfully.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.2
Life returns to (ab) normal today in Tilehurst Towers, me, me’s and myself hope all your lives stay in the normal, but enjoyable nitch, it’s good to sea @dunelm has returned to dryish land and hopefully @lindisfel is up to posting again.
Now if you don’t mind it’s time to swear at and if possible kick a politician and journalist, the postman can have the free from me barking at him
Stay safe all
@alf_Josiah good that your LFT was negative. It is always a huge relief to see just one line on the test.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Little Miss, that little baby sparrow, decided to do a lot of walking on the ground yesterday, and I could see her rustling through the long grass and wild flowers. She has also discovered my vegetable garden where I have planted seeds...

That little sparrow has more lives than a cat...

Little Miss was the first at gennepher's bird diner today.

Midnight was the second customer of gennepher's cat diner. Something has upset Midnight. He has suddenly gone to being very cautious, and remaining hidden.

Shadow is missing. For two days now. She is always here every day, for the last two years at least...

Creative today with both Shadow and Midnight on, is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, of the little pink wild flower, Cranesbill.

Have a good day.

View attachment 54681
Lovely kaleidoscope. Hope Shadow returns soon.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hectic non-stop day yesterday. Have just caught up with the posts.
5.7 this morning. Mr K is taking his car to pick up Archie's tablets from the vet. He usually goes on his motorbike but says he won't today as we are away to Orford next week and that I will never forgive him if something happened and we couldn't go.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hectic non-stop day yesterday. Have just caught up with the posts.
5.7 this morning. Mr K is taking his car to pick up Archie's tablets from the vet. He usually goes on his motorbike but says he won't today as we are away to Orford next week and that I will never forgive him if something happened and we couldn't go.
Every day in every way that man gets better and better. Pressure on the rest of us is becoming intense - inyurts for the posh boys.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bright blue sky - other broadcasters are available- for Ascension Day in this area of The Exotic East. Yesterday I had hospital appointments in West Suffolk. I was amazed to see the staff cheering our PM to the echo, telling each other see, he's got our backs and weeping in sympathy for the people in No 10; unimaginable pressure was a common sentiment. The cleaners and security staff were especially happy - raising a toast everywhere I looked. Oh wait, I just read the leaflet with the painkillers I took. As you were. @SlimLizzy I hope today is better for you both. Lord knows you two deserve some joy for all the love you show those most in need. @gennepher thanks for the wildlife tales and the kaleidoscope. We have 3 grandchildren in our care today. Elsewhere the poo show goes on but that must never stop us all aiming for higher standards of respect, integrity and basic human decency than the cost of an Eton education seems to buy some. All schools have rotten apples so sorry any Old Etonians out there.
Thank you @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 54683
Great sketch of a fjord @dunelm

Enjoy all that fish
g37007.gif
g37008.gif
g37009.gif

Reactions: mojo37

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good late afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Blood sugars were 5.8 this morning.

Well here in Tilehurst Towers it’s been a funny old day, this Morening me, me’s and myself had things to sort out, which unfortunately meant I couldn’t be taken food shopping and banished to the in house costalotta koffy shop. Mrs J seemed happy, I don’t understand her. Ultimately the things I had to sort out didn’t get sorted.
This afternoon I was designing and making a enlarged base for my woodworking router, this is very much work in progress and for @gennepher I will post pictures when it is finished and in use, deadlines are wonderful, I must nip down to Screwfix and purchase some M6x16 csk hd screws, now there’s an abbreviation for @ianpspurs csk hd . Yes it is technical.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good late afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
Blood sugars were 5.8 this morning.

Well here in Tilehurst Towers it’s been a funny old day, this Morening me, me’s and myself had things to sort out, which unfortunately meant I couldn’t be taken food shopping and banished to the in house costalotta koffy shop. Mrs J seemed happy, I don’t understand her. Ultimately the things I had to sort out didn’t get sorted.
This afternoon I was designing and making a enlarged base for my woodworking router, this is very much work in progress and for @gennepher I will post pictures when it is finished and in use, deadlines are wonderful, I must nip down to Screwfix and purchase some M6x16 csk hd screws, now there’s an abbreviation for @ianpspurs csk hd . Yes it is technical.
@alf_Josiah I inherited several hundred of those in a shed full of other screws and nails, about 5 miles of copper pipe, 100 hammers, assorted saws, screw drivers, chisels, planes, pipe benders, several thousand bricks, assorted cement mixers, lead flashing, miles of electrical cable and so much more. I did not inherit any talent for using them nor a desire to learn DIY. I was brilliant at digging trenches, felling trees, keeping the brickies/plasterers going and demolition - pretty good with a sledge hammer if I say so myself. Hope the project goes well.

Last edited: