What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a mixed back of meteorological samples here in the dark and dangerous north
Lots of things happening yesterday - just not here. Still, I did manage to wander into the garage, shrug and then walk out again. These electric roller doors do need a bit of supervision. I shall open the shed door this morning if rain does not stop play. OR, I could go the extra mile and open a brolly although I do have a little trip up to Durham City planned for later in the morning.
Art bit - another touch of colour of course. Working on another piece but it’s taking ages. Have a wonderful day if you can. I shall have a reasonably timed mug of koffy in due course.

View attachment 54723
Great art bit @dunelm
I like the way you have used colour...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello to all from the Exotic East. No fbg to report from here, of course I'm interested in managing The D but the preceding letter of the alphabet takes precedence just now. @gennepher what an amazingly detailed and perceptive account of the animal life in your garden. I would merely see there were some animals in mine and never go beyond that so thanks. Also, thanks for sharing another wonderful kaleidoscope - so generous of you. @dunelm thank you for the art - more generosity, account of your action packed day and enjoy Durham City. Will you be singing along with Roger Whittaker when leaving for home? We have the joy of two grandchildren today and overnight alongside the necessary work involved. I must prepare things - roll the pitch as it were. Thanks be to God I can still be of use. Do take very good care of yourselves, assuming you are fortunate enough to have the faintest idea of which lifestyle actually matches your unique circumstances. Spoiler alert, one size doesn't fit all. However, love your neighbour as yourself is an excellent starting point for today's adventures. I must voyage to the vacuum cleaner and beyond.
Thank you @ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. A relaxing day ahead. I love planning what I pack - updating my packing list and deciding what to wear is part of the enjoyment of the trip. It will probably take up quite a large part of the day. Mr K takes exactly 10 minutes to pack his case.

Yesterday there was an accident on the A47 on the way home. The police directed us down narrow single track roads with no passing places. It was chaos and I only just got back home in time to run the Zoom class.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 this morning. A relaxing day ahead. I.love planning what I pack - updating my packing list and deciding what to wear is part of the enjoyment of the trip. It will probably take up quite a large part of the day. Mr K takes exactly 10 minutes to pack his case.

Yesterday there was an accident on the A47 on the way home. The police directed us down narrow single track roads with no passing places. It was chaos and I only just got back home in time to run the Zoom class.
That was a busy stressful ending to your day @Krystyna23040
I hope you can catch some respite today.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

When I went out yesterday morning to put the cat food down Midnight surprised me by coming out from under the swing snarling at me. He's usually sitting on the swing, so I am assuming I startled him and he didn't know who was coming out of my door.

I started the slow blinking but he was still snarling and hissing at me, so I did the next thing which definitely always calms him down when he's hissing at me. I bow down low like a Japanese person so all he sees is the back of my head. And, when I do that he immediately comes up to me and he is rubbing his head against my legs purring like a very loud tractor engine. And inviting me to stroke his head. Which is easy enough at that point because my arthritic bones do not allow me to straighten back up very quickly.

He is now always asking for a lot of strokes of the head when I first see him in the morning, after he has got over any hissing spitting snarling bit. But, I am assuming that is, because I have initially startled him if he cannot see me, and also I have tarpaulin covering stuff under the swing, and he comes out from under there, so he goes into total aggressive mode until he has seen who it is and assessed the situation.

So a lot of bowing takes place in my garden...

Little Miss (teenage baby sparrow) is thriving nicely, and has definitely staked this garden patch as hers, and Mum and Dad have given up trying to make her leave home.

Calico came back again for breakfast this morning. She also came for supper last night...

I read on Lost and Found on Facebook that a small black cat had been found dead on the side of the main road at the junction less than 300 yards away from here on Monday, but this person had been unable to access their Facebook page until yesterday, a few days later. They had put it under the hedge. And posted a cross on Google Maps where it was. But, obviously when I went to look it had long gone, either by animal or person.

I can still hope that wasn't Shadow, but...

Something delightful happened in my garden yesterday afternoon. My beautiful little female bluetit and her hubby brought their babies into my garden for the first time. A lot of tweeting and twittering and flying around, and the babies not landing where Mum and Dad wanted them to. The baby bluetits appeared highly delighted with this new found freedom to fly. Finally Mum and Dad managed to contain the baby bluetits in a bushy tree I have in the middle of the garden. The baby bluetits behaved themselves and stayed within the confines of these bushy leaves while Mum and Dad bluetit brought them morsels from the fatballs. And then they searched for aphids and bugs for the baby bluetits. How many babies there are, I cannot tell, they are darting too fast.

Mr Blackbird objected strenuously to this latest intrusion, but Mr&Mrs Bluetit chased him out of the garden.

Daddy sparrow is sitting on a branch calling and calling out, I presume, for Little Miss (baby teenage sparrow), and looking for her. Little Miss was around this morning, but it was a hot day, and she was probably dozing somewhere...

And Midnight is watching all this from his garden chair by the potting shed. This is the first time he has done that since last Monday when Shadow disappeared.

Ah, I espied Little Miss. She was in the same bushy tree as the baby bluetits. I could be wrong, but Little Miss is taking food from the fatball feeder into the bushy leaves where the baby bluetits are, and possibly feeding them. Little Miss is going back and forth to the baby bluetits with food from the fatball feeder. She is a hard little worker.

Mr Heffalump has just flown in and crashed landed on top of Mrs Bluetit who was searching for different bits on the bird table. Mrs Bluetit slid out from under him, and carried on the busy job of feeding her babies. Mr Heffalump went up to the noisy bluetit tree and is peering in. His eyes look cross...then he spied Little Miss and tried to crash land on top of her, but she deftly evaded him. Mr Heffalump is in a right cranky mood...he is most certainly a very opinionated wood pigeon.

Wood Pigeon pie anyone? I was growing fond of his weirdness, but now I am growing unfond of him...

Mr Blackbird then went very near Midnight who was asleep, and was yelling at him. Midnight said he didn't care and put his head back down.

What is wrong with the bird life in this garden at the moment?

It has been a hot day...

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope, of a flower that just appeared in my garden. It spreads easily. Shadow and Midnight are the silhouettes. In my mind I still see Shadow dancing on the other side of my glass door trying to attract my attention for food.

Time for a hot cuppa.

View attachment 54722
Lots going on on a Sunday morning round the cat diner and surrounds. Watch that bowing - sometimes the straightening up can take all day. Sorry to hear about the potential for no Shadow but we live in hopes. Beautiful Kaleidoscope, no idea what the pink flowers are.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello to all from the Exotic East. No fbg to report from here, of course I'm interested in managing The D but the preceding letter of the alphabet takes precedence just now. @gennepher what an amazingly detailed and perceptive account of the animal life in your garden. I would merely see there were some animals in mine and never go beyond that so thanks. Also, thanks for sharing another wonderful kaleidoscope - so generous of you. @dunelm thank you for the art - more generosity, account of your action packed day and enjoy Durham City. Will you be singing along with Roger Whittaker when leaving for home? We have the joy of two grandchildren today and overnight alongside the necessary work involved. I must prepare things - roll the pitch as it were. Thanks be to God I can still be of use. Do take very good care of yourselves, assuming you are fortunate enough to have the faintest idea of which lifestyle actually matches your unique circumstances. Spoiler alert, one size doesn't fit all. However, love your neighbour as yourself is an excellent starting point for today's adventures. I must voyage to the vacuum cleaner and beyond.
Thank you @ianpspurs and also the idea for some Roger Whittaker warbling. Enjoy your tiny visitors.

Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who suffering the indignity of a slow start to the day.
Bloods yesterday were 4.8 and this slow morning 6.0
Last Thursday I had a diabetic review with the hospital and given my complex medication they were happy A1c was 57 and my average bloods from March 2021 till 25th May 2022 were fasting 6.0 and before my evening meal were 8.6. Yep I do perform analysis, but using paper and a pencil stuff excel, I can’t be bothered.
Yesterday we had the grandchildren all day and rather than erect the ladders into a climbing frame I got out some of the outdoor toys I had made for them, it’s amazing the way childrens imagine works, you make something for them expecting them to play with it a certain way and nope, an example bows and arrows with force fields…..
Hopefully attached is a picture of an outdoor connect 7 I made a few years ago and they had forgotten about it. It was made from left over materials form other projects. @gennepher another one of many. Yes they did beat me. Stay safe all.
E86036B4-A631-4FC3-A935-69BF351A5D87.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who suffering the indignity of a slow start to the day.
Last Thursday I had a diabetic review with the hospital and given my complex medication they were happy A1c was 57 and my average bloods from March 2021 till 25th May 2022 were fasting 6.0 and before my evening meal were 8.6. Yep I do perform analysis, but using paper and a pencil stuff excel, I can’t be bothered.
Yesterday we had the grandchildren all day and rather than erect the ladders into a climbing frame I got out some of the outdoor toys I had made for them, it’s amazing the way childrens imagine works, you make something for them expecting them to play with it a certain way and nope, an example bows and arrows with force fields…..
Hopefully attached is a picture of an outdoor connect 7 I made a few years ago and they had forgotten about it. It was made from left over materials form other projects. @gennepher another one of many. Yes they did beat me. Stay safe all.
View attachment 54726
Very creative and talented granddad those children have. Congratulations on smashing it out the park in navigating the narrow road of managing The D and your transplant. Must be the vegan bacon sarnies. Delighted for you. Please don't take offence if I say we neither of us would survive a day living like the other but respect each other's choices as made after due diligence. Enjoy today and many, many more years of Alfiness.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Very creative and talented granddad those children have. Congratulations on smashing it out the park in navigating the narrow road of managing The D and your transplant. Must be the vegan bacon sarnies. Delighted for you. Please don't take offence if I say we neither of us would survive a day living like the other but respect each other's choices as made after due diligence. Enjoy today and many, many more years of Alfiness.
Thank you for your kind words, especially with the battle you yourself are fighting and me, me’s and myself hope we continue to exasperate you with my (mis)use off the engrish language and also bring a smile to your face for many years. Now I must depart from this electron world vegan bacon and koffy are calling and Mrs J is shouting something or other.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @gennepher , I do hope it's not shadow .

Lots going on in the Garden.

Do see you in a kimono, bowing to emperor midnight. :hilarious:

Thank you for the smiles
Let's hope our lost minstrel returns safe & well.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@alf_Josiah ..big up for the approach & sensible attitude.

I sat moaning woe is me, at just having to adjust to another diet after DX,
Then I really understood the efforts T1 go through every day, many without a moan, which put my issues in their place

Then the mix of plate spinning you must have to do :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Respect.

Life's never easy, but for many it's just that bit or even way harder.
Fair play to those who can see that, and not let it bother their outlook unnecessarily.

And a kids imagination ?
Oh to be back there just for a while :happy:

Have a good un

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like. Great plan @ianpspurs

And fully agree.

Being useful
An important part of who we are

Giving gets us more then getting, I always feel.

Have a good day :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No fbg..cos I was naughty.

A day planned yesterday of being busy doing Nuffink .

Our Steph calls for a chat
She's at work & finishing soon
I ask if she'd like me to collect her, haven't seen her for a week or so, and I need an excuse to leave the house.

Explains she's meeting her grandad, and her uncle, why don't I come along ?

So I go, we have one drink in pub (shandy for me )...
Then it's off to their favourite Indian restaurant
(Mine too )

Delicious....

Lamb dansak, small bit of rice, half a nan, cos I got greedy..

Pay at some point, probably

But OMG....
That feeling, just for the hour or so of life being 'Normal' after all the trauma .....bliss :happy:

Dropped every one home, then tired & achey headed home as well, but got in very satisfied with my unexpected day :headphone:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 54726
Connect 7 - there’s a challenge but nothing compared to your juggling act with pills, potions and snake oils. Overall good results for the diabetes I feel. Enjoy those grandchildren.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That was a busy stressful ending to your day @Krystyna23040
I hope you can catch some respite today.
Today has been a much more relaxing day. Shopping in our little market town, walking dogs, reading the newspaper.

I did have the bright idea of copying the photos on my PC to One Drive. There are hundreds of them and it was taking much too long as there was no quick and easy way to do it so decided to move them all onto One Drive. It took all of two seconds to move them. Much safer there than on my PC.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher Have just checked on how One Drive is doing. There are 2502 files (5.5GB) it is uploading. It took me 2 minutes but One Drive will take a lot longer. Thank goodness I have superfast fibre broadband.