What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon, I am yet another refugee, forced onto a small boat from the fbg with some chat thread, and not allowed to return as I had the temerity to object to my posts being deleted.

Anyway, glad to have found a new home, my reading was 5.2 earlier this morning.
Good evening @BrianDoc !

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon, I am yet another refugee, forced onto a small boat from the fbg with some chat thread, and not allowed to return as I had the temerity to object to my posts being deleted.

Anyway, glad to have found a new home, my reading was 5.2 earlier this morning.
Hi @BrianDoc .

Welcome to our little version of Hotel Rwanda lol.....< smile >

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine has just started using EMIS but it is only for re ordering prescriptions. There is nothing else you can use it for. You cannot communicate with anyone.
Mine uses systemsonline still

But we have had a few other guises to make enquiries that can't be made over the phone.
Appointments, meds, etc

Covid put a stop to appointments, which put everyone back onto the phone system that can't cope...it is what it is.

Patch replaced E - Consult .
And previously it used airmid, which I until a minute ago thought they had discontinued,
Is actually booking me in for appointments without consulting me.

Sure I'll find a "didn't comply" on my practice records over them ...which is nice

I wish there was a two way street on Comms like this

I get a text for flu jabs, which I get done at pharmacy, but there's no one to talk to about the ' didn't comply' notes when I simply get it done at a more convenient location & time .

Presume at some point they may well be held against me.

< Rolls eyes >

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine uses systemsonline still

But we have had a few other guises to make enquiries that can't be made over the phone.
Appointments, meds, etc

Covid put a stop to appointments, which put everyone back onto the phone system that can't cope...it is what it is.

Patch replaced E - Consult .
And previously it used airmid, which I until a minute ago thought they had discontinued,
Is actually booking me in for appointments without consulting me.

Sure I'll find a "didn't comply" on my practice records over them ...which is nice

I wish there was a two way street on Comms like this

I get a text for flu jabs, which I get done at pharmacy, but there's no one to talk to about the ' didn't comply' notes when I simply get it done at a more convenient location & time .

Presume at some point they may well be held against me.

< Rolls eyes >
Pre-Covid, which was two different (at least) systems ago at my GP surgery (when we still had doctors at my GP surgery), there was at least two appointments which had me as a 'no show' with a person I had never encountered before, and that I had never been informed of. This Information never came up on the site until a few months after the supposed appointment date.

So I went down to the surgery to complain. Oh, you shouldn't have seen that, I was told. We'll take it off. I told them I had taken a screenshot of those supposed appointments where I was a supposed 'no show'. They know I have employed a patient's advocate previously when there was an issue at the same GP surgery, (Wales had patient's advocate then, but now I believe they have gone over to the same system as England). But the thing is they cannot change any previous records at the GP surgery. There is some software in place that does not allow any alterations as what the GP has written about you, even if it is incorrect. The only thing you can do is bring a complaint, either formal or informal. And your issue will/should be on record. If it is informal then it is possibly the Practice Manager that will deal with you, and he will be present when you ask to see your records to know what is on them. Under the Freedom of Information Act, you should be able to get a print out, and then you know exactly what has been written, dates and times etc, which may be useful information.

But this is all very time consuming for the patient. And it can feel like they have you by the short and curlies. As I am sure you may feel like that sometimes.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Up at 2.30 am. BG 8.9
Didn't need painkillers because I had not stayed in bed long enough to stiffen up too much. Had to take them just a few minutes ago though. BG now 14.1. I should have got on and done various chores around the place, but I just sat and dozed off and on in the chair. Today is the day my cleaner should come to do the floors, so I need to make my bed and get stuff up off the floors etc, before she comes. Feeling too lethargic to get on and do it though. That's why I'm procrastinating, sitting here, leaving this post.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a red sky in the morning start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Dentist today, just for a check up and to part with half my pension. But first, a beard trim before winter sets in. Art bit - finishing of the scratchy details. Hope you all have a good day. I have put the bins out so will now finish my koffy.

1668065007531.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Up at 2.30 am. BG 8.9
Didn't need painkillers because I had not stayed in bed long enough to stiffen up too much. Had to take them just a few minutes ago though. BG now 14.1. I should have got on and done various chores around the place, but I just sat and dozed off and on in the chair. Today is the day my cleaner should come to do the floors, so I need to make my bed and get stuff up off the floors etc, before she comes. Feeling too lethargic to get on and do it though. That's why I'm procrastinating, sitting here, leaving this post.
However, best laid plans etc, Em was dropped off this morning. Her niece (2 year old R) was staying overnight so that her mum could go to work today but has developed a high temperature so Em's mum doesn't want to take her out of the house in order to get Em to school. Her dad dropped her off here and she can get sent off in time from here - a shorter walk on a wet and windy day. She's happily tucking in to her breakfast of crisp fried bacon and a fried egg at present. Apparently the nursery that R goes to has a few cases of Scarlet Fever. We're hoping it's not that.

This all means that I can't get on with the chores until 8.30 when Em goes to school. Shouldn't have procrastinated!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone from a red sky in the morning start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Dentist today, just for a check up and to part with half my pension. But first, a beard trim before winter sets in. Art bit - finishing of the scratchy details. Hope you all have a good day. I have put the bins out so will now finish my koffy.

View attachment 57441
Beginning to remind me of Rosslyn Castle (near Edinburgh). It is built in to the side of a cliff so the kitchens and store room are on minus one floor and other, dark chambers of some sort are on minus two floors. I seriously disliked exploring down there. Much better to see it in a lightened room and on a screen.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 57441
Great art bit @dunelm

Looking forward to the colour...

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG @7.30am this morning was 7.3 got my results from fasting bloods all acceptable levels no action on bloods only one to have gone up is urine creatinine and I think lipids? fasting blood level on day was 6.7 Full blood count all normal no action
liver function normal no action
Hba1C is 58
trigs 0.8 cholesterol.
5.7 HDL serum cholesterol
serum HDL cholesterol level 1.88
LDL cholesterol level 3.5
serum cholesterol/HDL ratio 3
non HDL cholesterol 3.8
lipids need to make appointment to see nurse
it’s been too long since I had a fasting bloods results never got an appointment since Covid so unsure if I’m in good range of results and what is lipids result all about and need appointment with nurse ???
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE RESULTS K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BG @7.30am this morning was 7.3 got my results from fasting bloods all acceptable levels no action on bloods only one to have gone up is urine creatinine and I think lipids? fasting blood level on day was 6.7 Full blood count all normal no action
Hba1C is 58
trigs 0.8 cholesterol.
non HDL cholesterol 3.8
it’s been too long since I had a fasting bloods results never got an appointment since Covid so unsure if I’m in good range of results and what is lipids result all about and need appointment with nurse ???
@bulkbiker is the expert on lipids and cholesterol and will know what the results mean. Really good that they have given you so much information.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

From the nighttime wildlife trail cam...
The fox was watching the cat, Midnight, but she/he would not come out of the bushes so all you can see is the fox's eyes watching the cat intently. It might be skinny fox who rarely shows itself in full.

The sparrows are being very boisterous, and posturing. I think that is what it is called, they are bumping each other chest to chest, and knocking the other sparrow off the branch.

Despite having the all clear MOT last week, and the service guy saying there will be no more problems with the car locking me out saying all systems shut down to conserve battery (I can see that on the screen through the car window), because they have given the car system a reset. (everything is okay he had said), that darn car locked me out again yesterday morning. I knew that service engineer had lied. It was in his eyes. And I expressed a doubt on this when I mentioned the MOT last week.

I was on a tight schedule, had to get in that car. Used the tiny manual key inside the key fob. All screens and displays were black/dead. Except some writing that came on saying I had to turn the engine off before it would let me take control. But the engine is not on. It is obviously off. But it is keyless ignition. And obviously as I have had the key batteries replaced last week, I could press the keyless starter button, otherwise I would have been sunk.
I have had the car back with this before. It has been a recurring problem. The car is less than 3 years old, only 3,000 miles on the clock (Covid lockdowns happened shortly after I got it..).
The service engineer who did the service/MOT said the battery was okay.
If he is telling the truth, then there is an recurring electronics problem.
If he is not telling the truth then it is a battery problem.
My next step? I am going to Kwik Fit, and asking them to check the battery, and give me a print out as to the status of the battery. Then take that to the car dealership and argue with them, if it is a battery problem.
I half think it is the battery because of the lockdowns and the car hardly being used, and not for any longer trips.

Creative is a digital painting Procreate.
Autumn.

Have a good day.
Time for a cuppa...

8668E7F7-5DB7-4972-8D04-48A2214B919D.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning. Mr K is currently checking his motorbike in the integral garage. It is surprisingly noisy when he starts it up.

Today, hopefully, I will catch up completely with the admin. Will just need to make sure I don't get distracted by Suduko and Mah Jong - which often happens when I get fed up with the admi.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

From the nighttime wildlife trail cam...
The fox was watching the cat, Midnight, but she/he would not come out of the bushes so all you can see is the fox's eyes watching the cat intently. It might be skinny fox who rarely shows itself in full.

The sparrows are being very boisterous, and posturing. I think that is what it is called, they are bumping each other chest to chest, and knocking the other sparrow off the branch.

Despite having the all clear MOT last week, and the service guy saying there will be no more problems with the car locking me out saying all systems shut down to conserve battery (I can see that on the screen through the car window), because they have given the car system a reset. (everything is okay he had said), that darn car locked me out again yesterday morning. I knew that service engineer had lied. It was in his eyes. And I expressed a doubt on this when I mentioned the MOT last week.

I was on a tight schedule, had to get in that car. Used the tiny manual key inside the key fob. All screens and displays were black/dead. Except some writing that came on saying I had to turn the engine off before it would let me take control. But the engine is not on. It is obviously off. But it is keyless ignition. And obviously as I have had the key batteries replaced last week, I could press the keyless starter button, otherwise I would have been sunk.
I have had the car back with this before. It has been a recurring problem. The car is less than 3 years old, only 3,000 miles on the clock (Covid lockdowns happened shortly after I got it..).
The service engineer who did the service/MOT said the battery was okay.
If he is telling the truth, then there is an recurring electronics problem.
If he is not telling the truth then it is a battery problem.
My next step? I am going to Kwik Fit, and asking them to check the battery, and give me a print out as to the status of the battery. Then take that to the car dealership and argue with them, if it is a battery problem.
I half think it is the battery because of the lockdowns and the car hardly being used, and not for any longer trips.

Creative is a digital painting Procreate.
Autumn.

Have a good day.
Time for a cuppa...

View attachment 57443
That is so annoying @gennepher. The dealership must sort this out.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hba1C is 58
trigs 0.8 cholesterol.
non HDL cholesterol 3.8
Not sure I'd claim to be an expert but here's my 2p on your results.

58 isn't bad but also isn't great what meds are you on?

As for cholesterol i'll try and pick out your results as I see them

Trigs 0.8
HDL 1.88
LDL 3.5
Total Cholesterol 5.7 ?

If that's correct and you really are a granny! well done

Your Trig/HDL ratio is at 0.425 anything below 0.87 is thought of as excellent in many enlightened circles.
Also of course higher cholesterol is deemed protective in the older population especially women so...

Edit to add.. if nursey just mentions the total number then please ignore them.